Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Program fans

Does anyone know how to make program fans? I've seen one kit where it's $50 for 50 fans and it comes with the paper, wooden sticks, glue, and a CD with templates so you can print it out yourself. However, I've read reviews that the paper is flimsy and doesn't actually work to "fan" you. I like some of the designs offered on the CD but I'm also worried that I can't change the color to match my wedding color. Anyone have any other ideas for program fans? Help!!

Re: Program fans

• I designed mine myself in Publisher. They'll be double-layered cardstock, so stiffness shouldn't be a problem, and I'm using painted popsicle sticks for the handles. It'll run me about $20 for 100 fans.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I could try that....I don't have Publisher though. Does anyone know where I could get a template to use? I tried searching a little bit but mostly found templates for just the words. I want a design.
  • You could also try using Word or WordPerfect.  You can set your margins to be the approximate size of the fan, center everything, then just mess around with the formatting until you get it how you like it.  The upside of this is that you can make them any size/shape you want, with any colors, fonts, photos, or whatever, without relying on a template. 

DSC_9275
  • You could get a free trial version of Publisher here. Word would work fine, too, it's just more limited in what you can do with it. I have no idea on templates, though, wish I could help more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards