Nevada-Las Vegas

lost and down

greeneyezkatgreeneyezkat member
First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited March 2014 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I hate to be a Debbie downer but I seriously don't know what to do. FI family is not coming to VEGAS!!! Mind you our wedding isn't until Nov, and we have even offered to pay for his mom and step dads flights and hotel. The oldest kids will be deployed or in school. And his other family refuses to fly meaning they are not coming.
I thought I had a solution of flying to Indiana even if for just one day right after and have a huge family dinner but the flights alone are currently running about $900 for the both of us. I just don't see spending that type of money for, one day. I even said e could move the wedding to July when what was supposed to be most of his family coming to FL and get married,on the beach but his mom refuses to leave the step dad alone.

I just don't know what to do, I dont want him standing there alone my heart breaks just thinking about it. Any ideas ladies???

Ok rant over I'm off to finish my bottle of wine.

Re: lost and down

• My FI was dead set on not inviting his family. His mother passed away 2 years ago, his father lives in assisted living due to his advanced Parkinson's, and he didn't want his brothers or other family members to feel pressured. I didn't like it but respected his wishes. He did ultimately invite his older brother after we found out he was getting divorced. Like you my heart was very heavy knowing it would be my family and my friends coming to our wedding. How does he feel about his family not coming? Perhaps if he told his mom it was important to him she would change her mind or at least gain a better understanding as to why she doesn't want to leave her husband home alone (why doesn't she bring him?).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shoebunnie his step father has had multiple strokes with in the last year and his mom was viciously attacked by pitbulls almost 3years ago and has yet see a dime from the settlement (the main reason we were paying for them) so his step father cant fly due to medical reasons and the rest of the family refuses to fly. I am big on family so this truly breaks my heart as I can't figure out a solution to satisfy all parties.

I would be willing to move the wedding to Indiana however more than 15 people have already booked and paid for their hotel and/or flights.
  • This must be so difficult for you and your FI. Is there any way you could have some sort of celebration in Indiana? I know you mentioned flights are expensive straight after the wedding but could you do it any other time? We have a LOTof guests who have declined our wedding due to cost and/or health however we hosted an at home party and most of those guests came to celebrate with us. I know its not the same as THE wedding but it could be a great way to get to celebrate with everybody in Indiana who cant travel.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• missmo14 said:

This must be so difficult for you and your FI. Is there any way you could have some sort of celebration in Indiana? I know you mentioned flights are expensive straight after the wedding but could you do it any other time? We have a LOTof guests who have declined our wedding due to cost and/or health however we hosted an at home party and most of those guests came to celebrate with us. I know its not the same as THE wedding but it could be a great way to get to celebrate with everybody in Indiana who cant travel.

@missmo14 this is an option but it would probably be at Christmas when most of his family gets together anyways.

• That's unfortunate and I am so sorry to hear he can't travel and no one else is willing. Mo's suggestion of a home party is awesome and Christmas isn't too far away from your wedding so the timing would work nicely as we'll.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards