Chit Chat
Options

Brag about yourself!

2»

Re: Brag about yourself!

• Options
    I've had an awesome life. I've had great job opportunities, traveled extensively, and have seen the joys and pains of several broken hearts. I love it.

A few years ago, I quit my great job to start an MBA in an amazing program with top ranks in my field. I got my dream job in my dream field right after. I'm naturally risk adverse so I'm most proud of quitting the dream job when I realized how much I hated it - then taking an even bigger risk by joining a start-up company as the first un-employee (I'm a contractor).

It hasn't paid off yet but it's exactly where I want to be right now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I got a promotion earlier this month and next week I am starting my first solo study.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm enjoying reading everyone's bragging. Such accomplished women! 

I am proud of myself for working hard enough during my college years to earn me a great job in my field right after graduation. 

This may sound weird, but I'm also proud of myself for learning to be okay with coming to work when I'm not in full makeup. 
  • Options
    In the past year I have:

Graduated from a top-ten law school
    Passed the bar
    Gotten engaged
    Started working my dream job

Fi and I:
    Live in an awesome neighborhood in an awesome city
    Have paid down almost half our student loans
    Are saving more than half our paycheck each month
    Have finished most of the heavy lifting of planning a wedding!

I feel like I've grown up very suddenly, which can be a little scary but mostly I know I'm incredibly lucky to have landed in such a great life!
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    lc07 said:
    I like myself.

I haven't always. So that's a big accomplishment. I own two successful companies, graduated from school with honors, have given back a lot in my community, have been a great friend, sister, wife, and daughter. I've traveled and had crazy adventures. I've meditated, practiced yoga and connected with my core. I've achieved awesome fitness goals.

But I've also tripped and fallen on my face. Hard. And I'm recovering from that. And learning to forgive myself and start liking myself again. I think that recovery will be my biggest accomplishment to date. 
    Hey! That's so so great! I think a lot of people take liking themselves for granted, but when you've been in a position where you just can't-it really shows how important that is. I'm excited for you! Congratulations!
    Thank you! I appreciate you taking notice and "getting it". :) Also I'm super impressed by your writing successes. My sister is a writer and I know how challenging it is to get published. Especially difficult to get a book published. She said she needs to take the rejection letter nail down off her wall and replace it with a giant railroad spike. 
  • Options
    I make stuff and draw stuff (Would any knotties be able to tell me if I could post an image of a nude figure drawing that I did?  I'm not sure if a drawn nipple is considered as offensive as a real one in terms of posting on sites like this.  Either way here's a close up of the face, most of the attention as far as rendering light/shadow went into the body though, as it's a full body sketch and the face is small on the page.)  Second photo is a latios plush I made, he stands about 3 feet tall.  3rd is a drawing of a studio, 4th is a sculpture I did of a model.
  • Options
    In awe over here!  At the moment, my biggest brag is that my kiddo just turned 10, and I have not only not screwed her up too badly yet, but she is turning out to be a pretty rad human being.  

• Options
    I made hollandaise sauce from scratch this morning and served it to my FI without having tasted it and he said it was delicious! (and I know he wasn't lying because he tells me when my food tastes like crap) 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I graduated culinary school with a 4.0.
  • Options
    Fi and I opened a restaurant last year and it has been a huge success. So much so that our second location will open this fall!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Mine is just something little, today.  I am making apple bundt cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting for my mother's birthday. And tomorrow I will take my mother to get her name changed, for her birthday present. She was in an abusive relationship with my stepfather and now that I have some money, I would like to help her get her maiden name back since he is deceased. (It makes it a little harder to change your name after a spouse's death than divorce.)
  • Options
    Vivandiere8Vivandiere8 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    It's been really cool reading about everyone!

I am a professional ballroom dance instructor as is my fiance. I can dance and teach all the dances you see them doing on Dancing With The Stars and more. I travel around the country doing competitions, and because of my job I have had the orportunity to meet many of the pros from dancing with the Stars (Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Mark Ballas) and I have taken dancing coaching lessons with Edyta Sliwinska from dancing with the stars and Snow Urbin from So You Think You can Dance, and Hunter Johnson who is a choreographer on So You Think You Can Dance. Here is a video of my fiance and I doing a swing dance showcase for a charity event

http://youtu.be/2iDG80xyHoI

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards