May 2014 Weddings
Options

Need help with father daughter dance

I'm struggling with this! I'm struggling with song choice:

My thoughts:
Stevie Wonder's "isn't she lovely?"
The Beatles "Michelle" (my first name)

I'm worried "Michelle" is too much of a love song and would be weird to dance to with my dad. What do you think? Or other suggestions?

Re: Need help with father daughter dance

• Options
    I wanted to dance with my dad to a song sung blue by neil Diamond.  Its not a particularly a father daughter dance per se, but it was my favorite song as a kid. He picked out my little girl by tim mcgraw. The dance is important to my dad so I went with his choice. Maybe you could let your dad pick out the song, maybe he could even keep it a secret and suprise you when its time to dance.
  • Options
    My dad and I aren't super close and I know that my dad isn't overly thrilled about the dance itself, so I know he's not really going to help with song choice! :/
  • Options
    Not to sound rude, but if you arent super close, and (im assuming here) its not all that important to him why do it? I think it would be awkward. Maybe just drop that tradition and do something else. Theres all kinds of reception ideas for fun things. Or not have anything in place of it at all.
  • Options
    It's important to me, so that's why I want to do it.
  • Options
    I 6nderstand. Maybe talk to him, tell him it important to you and you would like find a song together. 
  • Options

"Michelle" is a love song, and a little inappropriate.

If you aren't super-close, a song dedicated so deeply to the amazing love a father has for his daughter like "Isn't She Lovely" may be uncomfortable for your father.

The Knot has some articles on this topic. One of them is "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. It's not a super-slow song, and the chorus is this:

"My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to.

Your Dreams stay big, your worries stay small, you'll never have to carry more than you can hold.

And when you're out there gettin' where you're getting' to, I hope you know somebody loves you

And wants the same things to, yeah this...Is my wish." 

This song seems to be better fit to your situation. Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards