Chit Chat
Options

CAKE

We had our cake tasting yesterday and it was fabulous. We decided on vanilla chiffon with Chantilly cream, lemon curd and raspberries for the top two layers. The bottom layer will be devils food cake with coconut cream and raspberries. It will be covered in ruffled vanilla buttercream and decorated with succulents and a few light pink blooms. What is/was everyone else doing, cakewise? Or non-cakewise?

Re: CAKE

• Options
    Mmmmmm CAKE!

We're just having a small cutting cake (we have loads of other desserts), but I got FI to break out of his boring vanilla-vanilla shell and we're doing an apple spice cake with sweetened goat cheese filling/frosting (like cream cheese, but a little more tangy). Delish!

• Options
    You're making me drool.

We had cupcakes and five varieties and a Nutella cake as our cutting cake.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Cake cake cake cake cake cake!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Hooray!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We're doing apple cinnamon cake, tiramisu cake, and black forest cake. 

It will be fondant with gears and lace. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR THE CAKE.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Hell yeah, girl!

I am planning to DIY my cake using some of my Grandmother's legendary recipes. Haven't decided which ones yet, but my favorite is black walnut chiffon with bergamot icing. That was my grandfather's favorite and my grandmother used to make it for every family event and holiday, so I think it would be a nice gesture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Mmmmmm! That sounds wonderful!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You ladies make me feel boring. Lol. We are having white cake.
  • Options
    I have never seen or heard of a cake with that many flavors/ toppings/ adjectives lol We don't like cake (I'm sorry Addie don't hate me) so we're having individual sized pies and individual sized cheesecakes. I asked FI if he wanted the flavored cheesecake like blueberry or peanut butter and he was like "um, no, I want normal god damn cheesecake" lol fine with me!

• Options
  • Options
    This just made me want cake so badly!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for cake! We are at FSIL's wedding this weekend and she not having a cake. Boo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards