Wedding Etiquette Forum

Lesbian Bridesmaid

2»

Re: Lesbian Bridesmaid

• @queerfemme

unfortunately, i have not had a single opportunity to see her or talk to her without this BFF.  They read each other's text messages, they live together, they work at the same place, and they just generally are always together.  Same sex aside, if this were a straight couple i would feel bad to say "leave your guy behind and go to dinner with me".  I think she would ask "why?  what's your problem with her?"  I just feel that I'm stuck in a tough spot.

• Why would you feel bad for asking to just hang out with your friend without her SO/friend?  You shouldn't feel bad for wanting to do that.  The fact that they seem so co-dependent on each other is a bit worrisome though.

• @queerfemme

unfortunately, i have not had a single opportunity to see her or talk to her without this BFF.  They read each other's text messages, they live together, they work at the same place, and they just generally are always together.  Same sex aside, if this were a straight couple i would feel bad to say "leave your guy behind and go to dinner with me".  I think she would ask "why?  what's your problem with her?"  I just feel that I'm stuck in a tough spot.

That's silly. You should not feel bad about asking to spend some time with your friend.  You need to get over that.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It sounds like you're really obsessing over the awkwardness of having to actually say, "Hey, [friend], just wanted to let you know that this is wedding party only. I like Mary a lot, but this event is just for bridesmaids."
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Why would you feel bad for asking to just hang out with your friend without her SO/friend?  You shouldn't feel bad for wanting to do that.  The fact that they seem so co-dependent on each other is a bit worrisome though.

Yea I'd be concerned about the whole co-dependency as well...
  • @queerfemme

Take.
    Their.
    Genders.
    Out.
    Of.
    The.
    Equation.

Whether it's two guys or two girls or one of each, that level of codependency in a relationship is SERIOUSLY unhealthy.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • @queerfemme

Butting in here, so pardon me, but it sounds like you are just over-worried and anxious about "outing" them.  Just relax about it and treat them like any other two people. If I had a friend that I never got to see without them bringing another person along, male/female romantic/platonic, then I would say something! So just say something! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards