Wedding Etiquette Forum

When 'It's My Wedding' is acceptable

Re: When 'It's My Wedding' is acceptable

• It's MY wedding and I deserve to be treated with respect and dignity even if you disagree with my choices and even if I can't accommodate all of your requests. 
  • It is my wedding and we can choose not to play any genre of music we choose.
  • jdluvr06 said:
    It is my wedding and we can choose not to play any genre of music we choose.
    On that note:

It's my wedding ... we don't have to have Vietnamese karaoke if we don't want to.
    Anniversary
  •  

PDKH said:
    It's my wedding...so I can choose whomever I want to walk me down the aisle. 

It makes me so sad when brides post on here about having poor relationships with bio dad, but think they have to pick him over the uncle who has always been there for her just because the guy is her bio dad. 
    You beat me to the punch! I completely agree!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It's my wedding ... we don't have to play a game where I try to guess which butt belongs to my new DH if we don't want to.
    Wait...is this a thing?!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • perdonami said:
    It's MY wedding and I deserve to be treated with respect and dignity even if you disagree with my choices and even if I can't accommodate all of your requests. 
    Hrmmmm this depends upon the request and choice...
  • beharringtonbeharrington member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    perdonami said:
    It's MY wedding and I deserve to be treated with respect and dignity even if you disagree with my choices and even if I can't accommodate all of your requests. 
    Hrmmmm this depends upon the request and choice...
    Stuck in Box:
    I was thinking the same thing....
    Anniversary
  • It's my wedding ... we don't have to play a game where I try to guess which butt belongs to my new DH if we don't want to.
    Wait...is this a thing?!
    Stuck in box again:
    At DH's uncle's wedding, they blindfolded his very very shy new wife and had her grope a bunch of male guest's butts and then choose which one belonged to her new DH.  I was mortified.  When they suggested it to me, it was an immediate and not up for discussion NOPE.
    Anniversary
  • It's our wedding, and we decide how much money we want to spend on it! It's our wedding, so we get to decide what types of decorations we will use - if we are paying for them It's our wedding so if I want to use silk flowers and DIY my boquet, rather than hire a florist, it's my choice! It's my wedding and I treat my bridesmaids how ever respectfully I choose! I will not disrespect them like my sister disrespected hers, nor will I allow her to disrespect these people.
  • It's our wedding and we get to have a taco bar as opposed to traditional wedding food.
    It's our wedding and if we want a green velvet cake with cream cheese based frosting, we get to have one, whether or not my dad likes either of these choices. Him and mom already got the wedding they wanted with the food they wanted.
  • jules3964jules3964 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    It's my wedding ... we don't have to play a game where I try to guess which butt belongs to my new DH if we don't want to.
    Wait...is this a thing?!
    Stuck in box again:
    At DH's uncle's wedding, they blindfolded his very very shy new wife and had her grope a bunch of male guest's butts and then choose which one belonged to her new DH.  I was mortified.  When they suggested it to me, it was an immediate and not up for discussion NOPE.
    Yikes! I hope they at least helped the poor bride find these butts while blindfolded, so she didn't accidentally grope anything else.
  • It (was) my wedding and I had the dress bustled the way *I* wanted the dress bustled.

This was one of my few bridezilla moments when planning the wedding.   I wanted to get a brooch for where we were bustling the dress since my seamstress insisted on pinning it and I opted not to argue when my mom agreed with her.    When my mom said, "I don't know why you're insisting on getting a brooch for the dress," my immediate answer was yelling, "Because the FUCKING DRESS WILL HAVE A FUCKING BUSTLE!!!" 

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    It should still be "It's OUR wedding" not "My"
  • CamiSeleneCamiSelene member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2014

jdluvr06 said:
    It is my wedding and we can choose not to play any genre of music we choose.

**Stuck in box**

Amen to that!!! My mother keeps insisting we play Celine Dion at our wedding (she loves her fellow French Canadians). FI and I have left the DJ with very specific instructions of no Celine under any circumstances!!! Lol, we both cannot stand her... Celine Dion, not my mom. Hahaha, I love my mom. :P

Eta: didn't post the quote for some odd reason...

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• It's my wedding, so I don't have to register or accept showers if that's not my cup of tea.

It's my wedding, so I get to pick my dress.

It's my wedding, so I don't have to do spotlight dances.

It's my wedding, so I don't have to agree to be photographed in "getting ready" photos.

It's my wedding, so I don't have to allow the DJ to play any music I don't like.
  • It's my wedding so I will be responsible for addressing all shower thank you notes and all wedding invitations and thank you notes.

It's my wedding so I will be responsible for any DIY projects and not assign them as "duties" to my bridal party.

• Inkdancer said:
    It's my wedding... so grim predictions about the divorce rate will not be accepted silently.

It's my wedding... so I get to decide how many people are invited to the rehearsal dinner.
    It's our wedding... so I can correct your outdated statistic about the "climbing" divorce rate!

It's our wedding... and we can have it wherever we want and appropriately deal with any caveats that may arise with having it in said location!

It's our wedding... and we can have NO MOH or ALL MOH if we please!

((Having been a Human Development and Family Sciences minor pays off really well when it comes to knowing an absurd amount of statistics about family systems! The current divorce rate is really not as grim as people want you to think and there are 1 million protective or risk factors for everything.))

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's my wedding...and I don't have to have a bridal party if I don't want to.

It's my wedding...and I can spend the night before with FI if I want to.

• It's my wedding....so I get to choose who walks me down the aisle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's my wedding:

I will wear a corset. 

I will order, drink and pay for as many cups of tea as I want on the day. 

I will have breakfast with my DH to be. I need him to lace the corset anyway....
  • It's my wedding and we can choose what order to have which parts of the ceremony in (as long as that doesn't conflict with religious traditions we are observing).

But it's my wedding and if I want to put his ring on first, I can!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • It's my wedding day and I'm sleeping in!  (So no, I wouldn't like to start the wedding earlier, a half hour before dinner is fine.)
  • It's our wedding mom, and we will not invite your friend who assaulted my father, brother, and several guests at your birthday party, threw beer bottles at guests at our shower (that he wasn't invited to) called FI a dirty motherfucker and accused him of cheating on me because he had a female roommate. Just because his mommy will refuse to come if her son isn't invited, and you want her at the wedding. You want her company so badly, you don't have to come either.

This was a conversation I had to have with my mom. She begged me to invite him. No. You may put that man above your family, but my wedding was one day he was not going to ruin. Told her if he showed up, she and he would be forced to leave.
  • Its my wedding and I WILL have Timber by Pitbull and Ke$ha played despite both my MoH and BM HATING that song...and I WILL NOT allowed Lorde to be played because I think she is a talentless whore...
    Anniversary
  • Its my wedding and I WILL have Timber by Pitbull and Ke$ha played despite both my MoH and BM HATING that song...and I WILL NOT allowed Lorde to be played because I think she is a talentless whore...

FI and I aren't having a DJ and making our own playlist - Timber WILL be on that playlist and I WILL dance my booty off during the whole song.
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    It's our wedding and not a family reunion

It's our wedding and brick house will not be a song played on that day
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It's my wedding... so I can have mixed and uneven sides if I want to. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards