Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

When 'It's My Wedding' is acceptable

13»

Re: When 'It's My Wedding' is acceptable

• Options
    It's my wedding...so I will refuse to follow your bad etiquette advise and follow my fellow knotties

imageimage

• Options

It's my wedding...I can pick out my own damn "designer" dress with my parents (who are paying for it) and not feel bad when my lovely FMIL and FSIL tell the whole world (based off of their bat-shit crazy assumptions) that my dress cost a fortune and that I should've just bought a used one online.

It's my wedding...I will not tolerate any criticism on the countless DIY projects and money saving tips I have done to make my wedding beautiful without the price tag.

It's my wedding...you can't say you don't want to contribute financially when we got engaged, then get mad when you decide a month before the wedding that you want to contribute and expect to have a say in everything.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    NYCBruin said:

Its my wedding and I WILL have Timber by Pitbull and Ke$ha played despite both my MoH and BM HATING that song...and I WILL NOT allowed Lorde to be played because I think she is a talentless whore...

I love the song Timber, but I have to super hate on you calling Lorde a whore.  Besides being against using the word whore as an insult for any woman, it seems particularly inappropriate here given that the young women is only 17.

All of this. Times a bazillion.

ETF: spelling is hard
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    NYCBruin said:
    Its my wedding and I WILL have Timber by Pitbull and Ke$ha played despite both my MoH and BM HATING that song...and I WILL NOT allowed Lorde to be played because I think she is a talentless whore...
    I love the song Timber, but I have to super hate on you calling Lorde a whore.  Besides being against using the word whore as an insult for any woman, it seems particularly inappropriate here given that the young women is only 17.
    Not only that, but you're talking about Ke$ha and calling LORDE a talentless whore?  I won't comment on the song because obviously everyone has different taste and that's ok, but come on, you have to admit, even WITH auto tune her voice is pretty bad.  And if you were going to compare Lorde and Ke$ha based on revealing clothes/behavior (Still wouldn't say whore about either, though) really, who is the worse role model?  

(And am I the only one who thinks Ke$ha looks dirty?  Not in a sexual "Oh she's so dirty" way, I mean she literally looks like she hasn't bathed in a month.  I imagine if you threw a wad of paper at her, it would stick.)
  • Options
    I'm still stuck on the 'whore' comment. That was way too intense for my Friday morning.

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    It's our wedding and not a family reunion

It's our wedding and brick house will not be a song played on that day
    Funny thing.. Brick House is on my FI's "must play" list, since according to him "every time I DJ at a party it is guaranteed to get the old white people dancing". Apparently his father is included in those "old white people".
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards