Maryland-Baltimore

Venue Help Please!

Hello all! 

My fiance and I are having a short engagement (why wait? ) however, we are struggling with finding a venue! We want to be married by the end of June of 2014 and we will be having a budget wedding. We plan on having about 100 guests at the wedding and we want to try and spend no more than $5,500 total. We are simple people so we're looking for a simple and rustic yet beautiful and scenic place to have an outdoor ceremony and reception. We want to have a bar b que for the reception since we first met at a bar b que :) do you ladies have any suggestions of venues and/or caterers that could work with our budget? Any help would be greatly appreciated! We also would prefer to have the ceremony AND reception at the same location. It would be a dream come true to get married at a barn but we are open to anything at this point in time. We are also open to off beat and non traditional ideas. Thanks guys!

Re: Venue Help Please!

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 Ravens & Bohs & Crabs & O's member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    Where in MD exactly are you looking?  There are two places in Harford County that may work for you.  Rockfield Manor (http://www.rockfieldmanor.com/weddings.html) and Liriodendron (www.liriodendron.com/wedding.cfm).  June is high season for weddings so you may have to be flexible on which day of the week you get married.

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 Ravens & Bohs & Crabs & O's member
    Eighth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its 25 Answers
    Also check out local parks.  You would have to bring in everything but it may be cheaper in the long run.

I have also heard great things about Mission BBQ if you are in need of a caterer.

• Lirodendron is having June 2014 "last minute specials" according to their website, so it might be worth checking out. If not, maybe a park with a bbq food truck(s), like Smoking Swine or SC BBQ?
  • Thank you so much! We found a venue a beautiful and affordable venue in Laurel, Md. The venue requires a caterer but they gave us a ton of great suggestions and we found one that will work with our budget. Yay! Everything is coming together
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards