Chit Chat
Options

The bridal bouquet.

2»

Re: The bridal bouquet.

• Options
    @photokitty I'm a July 5th bride, and our colors are red/blue! The centerpieces are blue (red linens) and bouquets/bouts/corsages are going to be red. I couldn't quite bring myself to be full on red/white/blue. lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    FI and I are both mildly allergic to a lot of plants, so we're not having real flowers. We're trying to decide whether to do paper flowers in our colours, or just skip the flowers altogether. If we do paper flowers, I think we'll probably do full colour (greens and navy) for mine, and cream/white for everyone/thing else.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options

I'm doing red roses for my bouquet and red flowers for the bridal party. My bridal party is wearing black dresses, so the red will really show up, my bouquet is going to look something like this:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I'm going with all white with ivy greenery. My dress has some gorgeous detailing so I don't want the flowers to distract from it. At the moment, I'm doing a combination of: ivy, rununculus, dahlias, casablanca lillies, and stephanotis.
  • Options
    Fun to read this! I've been picking up a lot of inspiration.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Thanks, everyone! This has definitely helped. 

I think I'll go with a full-color bouquet and have my BM bouquets be white since their dresses are printed. In case you were curious, here they are: 

• Options
    @photokitty I'm a July 5th bride, and our colors are red/blue! The centerpieces are blue (red linens) and bouquets/bouts/corsages are going to be red. I couldn't quite bring myself to be full on red/white/blue. lol
    I did full on RW&B - but our was in conjunction withe the big fireworks display. I went cheap on the centerpieces and used baby's breathe, bc I though it looked like fireworks, rhinestones & flags.
    I even had rhinestone US flag shoes. The 4th is my fav holiday and I'm slightly obsessed with fireworks ;)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I have NO idea what I'm going to do.

First I liked this:

Then I decided that I'd like my flowers to be my "something blue" and liked this:

But I think our cake is going to have blue decorations, so that will be my "something blue" after all.

Really, I don't care much. I might just give my list of my 20 favorite flowers and say "surprise me!"

Fi and I are giving our contacts a LOT of freedom and creative license. Neither of us are very set on anything: from cake design (even flavor!), to bouquet, to decorations, to music. I'm not sure if that is fun for the vendors or if they hate us.
  • Options
    I'm doing white for my BMs and colors for mine.  I like the look of the white, so I think it will look great against their purple dresses, rather than not popping against mine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did full on RW&B - but our was in conjunction withe the big fireworks display. I went cheap on the centerpieces and used baby's breathe, bc I though it looked like fireworks, rhinestones & flags.
    I even had rhinestone US flag shoes. The 4th is my fav holiday and I'm slightly obsessed with fireworks ;)

That's awesome! We briefly considered it, but we'd NEVER hear the end of it from anyone if we went all out like that (it's already bad enough as it is since we both still wear flag pins every day). Our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner are on the 4th so we'll make a bigger deal about it then. Plus, my favorite holiday is Pi Day, and there's not really a great color scheme for that. haha
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

My wedding package comes standard with bouquet of white roses. But, I'm worried that it will blend in with my white dress too much.  So, I plan to do my own bouquet with a mix of white gardenias and blue orchids.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    My bouquet is going to look like this:

I'm getting married next month and wanted something bright.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted some creme colored roses with a pop of color (purple). I fell in love with the picasso lillies, so it was a perfect addition.  The creme rose was my sorority flower and well I just love purple :)  My girls had the purple variation and so I did not want mine to clash with there's. This pic does not show all the detail but you get the idea.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am a sunflower kind of girl.  Originally I wanted a sunflower bouquet but decided to incorporate purples as well.  Bridesmaids' bouquets were pure sunflowers.  The boutonnieres were either black eyed susans or mini sunflowers (can't remember).

I'm doing sunflowers too.  I was thinking all sunflowers as well but now that I've seen your I may do some blue and sunflowers!  Very pretty :)
  • Options
    mimiphin said:
    I like white for the BM's and Coloured for the bride. It makes hers stand out a bit more and not get lost in the dress too.

Love this idea!
    or like this
    Roses, anemones, dahlias and ranunculus...great colors
    I LOVE the blue and white! We have not decided on our colors yet, but I think that my BM's will wear blue since that is our favorite color. Can't decide if one color, or different shades of blue. I don't really like flowers, so I was thinking of a calla lilies, since they are really the only flower I like. For the bridal bouquet I like those cascading bouquets. IDK if they are pricier, though.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I LOVE this.  Every single part (so obsessed with fireworks too)  I was dying for a 4th of July wedding but FI told me no way, no how =(  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    I am so in love with your bridesmaid dress. I have it bookmarked to buy for myself! I think a neutral color for the BMs would work well with that dress like you suggested.

I, personally, went for color and gave my florist full reign. She chose something more artistic and cool and "me" than I could have come up with on my own:

• Options
    I'm leaving the flowers up to FI, he sends me flowers every month while he's been deployed and he does a fantastic job of picking them out.  I know they're going to be bright and beautiful - I don't want muted flowers.  Pinks, oranges, yellows, etc.  

• Options
    I did all white. My dress had gorgeous detailing that I wanted to show off. I also had a shield bouquet (like Princess Catherine's).

My BMs' bouquets were all very colourful, though. I let mom and the florist have free rein there.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I'm doing white roses for mine, because my dress has a pretty busy lace pattern and I don't want the flowers to distract from the dress. White roses are also a big part of my family lore; long story, but every time we see white roses appear anywhere, it's supposed to be a sign that she's watching over us for heaven. My mom will even take a picture every time she sees white roses and text it to us! Not sure about bridesmaids or boutonnières for the guys yet, but I like the idea of white roses for them as well. For my mom and fmil, I might pick something that matches with their dress colors for their corsages.
  • Options
    I'm doing ivory and blush roses and peonies for my wedding next month. Just a little bit of muted color and I can't wait to see the bouquet. This is the picture I gave to the florist and said "I want this exactly!"

• Options
    I originally thought I wanted an all white bouquet but realized that it would end up blending in with my dress. I sent my florist some inspiration pictures ahead of time and told her to go crazy and surprise me. This was my bouquet:

• Options
    I think colorful is better. You don't want all the white to wash out the rest of the white, do ya? ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

This was my bouquet (my big sister made it from the Real Touch flowers).  I can't remember what all she used for it, but I LOVED it (still love it!).  It was a mix of whites and purples and greens with peacock feathers.  She also glued small rhinestones into the flowers for a little extra 'sparkle', which was a touch I really loved. 
  • Options
    larrygaga said:
    I think colorful is better. You don't want all the white to wash out the rest of the white, do ya? ;)
    I guess I'm taking the opposite view...I don't want my bouquet to be a distraction from my dress!

Honestly though I dont think it really matters...brides are beautiful, flowers are beautiful...you can't go wrong! 
  • Options
    I'm doing white and purple carnations. I wanted some color, but still white. My dress is all white so I wanted something that would pop out my bouquet. My BMs will have multi purple bouquets with carnations.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    kaitlinLs said:
    I LOVE this.  Every single part (so obsessed with fireworks too)  I was dying for a 4th of July wedding but FI told me no way, no how =(  
    DH suggested it, even paid the venue deposit before he officially proposed...such a keeper :-D
    I'm sure whatever date your picked will be equally fabulous!! GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    My bouquet is coral and white, with a few brooches and white pinwheels added and my dress is ivory.  It stands out well against my gown (at least I think it does!).  My girls have white bouquets with a few added pinwheels that are peach/ coral.  They're already made and sitting on our dining room table, waiting for August.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards