Destination Weddings Discussions

Live in Florida, all family is in New Jersey. Bridal Shower help!

I am a bride living in Florida with my fiance, both of our families and friends live in Southern NJ & Philadelphia. How should we do my bridal shower? I feel like I can't have a "typical" bridal shower with gifts because there wouldn't be a functional way for us to bring back the gifts. I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Re: Live in Florida, all family is in New Jersey. Bridal Shower help!

• Don't worry about it. As a bride you don't throw yourself a shower. If someone decides to throw one for you, it'll be up to them where it will be. And, no, you can't just ask for money at a shower.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Exactly what msuprincess04 said.  If THEY offer to throw you a shower, you can figure it out at that time.

My family is all in Michigan, I'm in Arizona... my family is throwing me a shower in MI next month. I figure that most people will realize that I would have to travel with all gifts, so hopefully they will avoid really large items. Most people aren't going to want to give you gifts that they know will inconvenience you. I'm bringing a large duffle bag that I can fold up in my suitcase on way there, then pull out for an extra bag on trip home if I need to. 

I've also seen people suggest that taking items out of boxes reduces a lot of space when packing them into a bag/suitcase.  Or I've seen where, if item came from a national chain store, people returned the item, traveled home, then repurchased it at local store.  Or return it then buy it online and have it shipped to your home or local store.

And if really necessary, I figure I can box items up and just ship them home if I have to, via fedex or whatever.  It would cost some money, but it may not be too bad if doing longer, cheaper ground shipping. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards