October 2014 Weddings

Is it flying or draaaaging?

sarawifenowsarawifenow Denver, baby! member
2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
Some days I feel like it's only been a second since he proposed. Others, it feels like 6 months away is really 6 years. How about you all?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Is it flying or draaaaging?

• labrolabro Hotlanta member
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    It feels like 6 months is a very very very very very long time right now. I just want to finalize everything and I hate having to wait.

sarawifenowrsbloom
  • ashley8918ashley8918 Chicago Suburbs member
    It's totally flying for me! But I had everything planned and booked by 2 weeks after the proposal. Now that I don't have much left to do it will probably drag!
    sarawifenowtoniab06
  • I think it's flying! At the same time I wish it was next weekend.  Lol
    sarawifenow
  • Dignity100Dignity100 Northeastern Ohio member
    It depends on the day.  I want to have everything planned/scheduled and be ready to just pack my bags and be on my way.

Anniversary
    sarawifenow
  • sarawifenowsarawifenow Denver, baby! member
    I feel like I have hit a rut in the wedding planning. All vendors are booked and I really don't want to get into planning all the little details. I think I need a relaxing wedding planning free weekend this weekend. I just wish it was done and here already!
  • My fiance and I went on a little weekend roadtrip a few weeks ago and we both decided that there was to be NO wedding planning talk.  It was great! Sometimes you just have to take a break.
    sarawifenow
  • I have done almost all of the wedding stuff over the winter as FI's part of wedding planning is getting a new garage built (16' x 26') and having the entire backyard landscaped.  Since I'm done my part, we can now spend the spring focusing on that stuff :)

It's flown by so far, and I think with the nice weather and all the other things we have in the works it will continue to fly by
    sarawifenow
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 Home of SB XLVIII Champs member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Its fucking dragging..I have been engaged for almost two fucking years now and dammit I WANT TO BE MARRIED! Everything is booked. I will do some more wedding planning after our vacation in July. Rehersal dinner, dress alterations etc ...but other than that I am done. 
    Anniversary
    sarawifenowTeddiD34
  • dragging for me... why did iI pick a day so far away:-(
    sarawifenow
  • Its dragging. We have been doing this 'planning' for 18 months. I just want to put on my white dress and call him my husband already. Our friends and family already refer to us as if we're married. A sign that its even dragging for them. Ha ha ha. 

sarawifenowrsbloomTeddiD34
  • It's not really flying or dragging for me - just going at normal speed.

My sister is getting married next month, so right now I'm much more focused on her wedding.  I think once that is over, and my wedding will be 4 1/2 months away, then time will really start flying by. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    sarawifenowJasperandOpal
  • It seems to be dragging, but I know at the end, it will be a whole different story! I wish there was a way to avoid all the stress right at the end, but there is just so much that needs to be done last minute, and not any sooner.
    sarawifenow
  • beachyone15beachyone15 TEXAS (the home of my exes) member
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Second Anniversary First Answer
    For me it's flying, but that's because these first 6 months we have been booking all of our bigger vendors. I'm about to book the florist and after that I have a feeling it will slow down a bit.

sarawifenow
  • sarawifenowsarawifenow Denver, baby! member
    Yeah I think I am in the slow down phase right now. All of our big vendors are booked. It is just the little details now that I need to start focusing on.
  • Emily104 said:
    It's not really flying or dragging for me - just going at normal speed.

My sister is getting married next month, so right now I'm much more focused on her wedding.  I think once that is over, and my wedding will be 4 1/2 months away, then time will really start flying by. 
    My sister is getting married June 1st and I agree completely.  I feel like helping her with her wedding has kept me from over focusing on mine so time has been passing normally. 

I also take the Bar Exam in July but once that is over I have a feeling it will be all wedding all the time for me. 
  • Flying for me! I can't believe its already mid April, wasn't New Years yesterday? I feel like I blink and its 2 days later. 

But then again I have a really busy/high demand job and I feel like I hardly have any time to really wedding plan or think about it at all so that may be more of the reason all my days/weeks/months seem to clash together. 

I'm lucky my Dad and Sister have wanted to be so helpful and jump in and work with a lot of vendors for me, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would be screwed!
  • We waited till last fall to finally start planning our wedding after being engaged for 3yrs. This year is FLYIING by. Having so much fun with all the planning. I almost want it to slow down so I can enjoy it even longer. :)
  • mrsb53mrsb53 member
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    The time is flying for me! We got engaged in August 2013 and the wedding is in October 2014. I've gotten a lot of the planning out of the way, but it still seems like there is a lot to do and not much time to do it!
  • @rachelsea53 that's when we got engaged too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ashwiseashwise member
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    It depends on the day.  We've been together for 8 years already, and "officially" engaged since last June, so almost a year, and I'm just ready for the party and honeymoon.  We already consider ourselves to be an old married couple, I'm just ready to make it official and have a party!! LOL. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

sarawifenowJasperandOpalJean0715SehlinBride
  • mrsb53mrsb53 member
    @emily104 awesome! When is your wedding?
  • @rachelsea53 Our wedding is October 4th!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsb53mrsb53 member
    @Emily104 ours is October 5!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards