October 2014 Weddings

Is it flying or draaaaging?

Some days I feel like it's only been a second since he proposed. Others, it feels like 6 months away is really 6 years. How about you all?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Is it flying or draaaaging?

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    It feels like 6 months is a very very very very very long time right now. I just want to finalize everything and I hate having to wait.

• It's totally flying for me! But I had everything planned and booked by 2 weeks after the proposal. Now that I don't have much left to do it will probably drag!
  • I think it's flying! At the same time I wish it was next weekend.  Lol
  • It depends on the day.  I want to have everything planned/scheduled and be ready to just pack my bags and be on my way.

Anniversary
  • I feel like I have hit a rut in the wedding planning. All vendors are booked and I really don't want to get into planning all the little details. I think I need a relaxing wedding planning free weekend this weekend. I just wish it was done and here already!
  • My fiance and I went on a little weekend roadtrip a few weeks ago and we both decided that there was to be NO wedding planning talk.  It was great! Sometimes you just have to take a break.
  • I have done almost all of the wedding stuff over the winter as FI's part of wedding planning is getting a new garage built (16' x 26') and having the entire backyard landscaped.  Since I'm done my part, we can now spend the spring focusing on that stuff :)

It's flown by so far, and I think with the nice weather and all the other things we have in the works it will continue to fly by
  • Its fucking dragging..I have been engaged for almost two fucking years now and dammit I WANT TO BE MARRIED! Everything is booked. I will do some more wedding planning after our vacation in July. Rehersal dinner, dress alterations etc ...but other than that I am done. 
    Anniversary
  • dragging for me... why did iI pick a day so far away:-(
  • Its dragging. We have been doing this 'planning' for 18 months. I just want to put on my white dress and call him my husband already. Our friends and family already refer to us as if we're married. A sign that its even dragging for them. Ha ha ha. 

• It's not really flying or dragging for me - just going at normal speed.

My sister is getting married next month, so right now I'm much more focused on her wedding.  I think once that is over, and my wedding will be 4 1/2 months away, then time will really start flying by. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It seems to be dragging, but I know at the end, it will be a whole different story! I wish there was a way to avoid all the stress right at the end, but there is just so much that needs to be done last minute, and not any sooner.
  • For me it's flying, but that's because these first 6 months we have been booking all of our bigger vendors. I'm about to book the florist and after that I have a feeling it will slow down a bit.

• Yeah I think I am in the slow down phase right now. All of our big vendors are booked. It is just the little details now that I need to start focusing on.
  • Emily104 said:
    It's not really flying or dragging for me - just going at normal speed.

My sister is getting married next month, so right now I'm much more focused on her wedding.  I think once that is over, and my wedding will be 4 1/2 months away, then time will really start flying by. 
    My sister is getting married June 1st and I agree completely.  I feel like helping her with her wedding has kept me from over focusing on mine so time has been passing normally. 

I also take the Bar Exam in July but once that is over I have a feeling it will be all wedding all the time for me. 
  • Flying for me! I can't believe its already mid April, wasn't New Years yesterday? I feel like I blink and its 2 days later. 

But then again I have a really busy/high demand job and I feel like I hardly have any time to really wedding plan or think about it at all so that may be more of the reason all my days/weeks/months seem to clash together. 

I'm lucky my Dad and Sister have wanted to be so helpful and jump in and work with a lot of vendors for me, otherwise I'm pretty sure I would be screwed!
  • We waited till last fall to finally start planning our wedding after being engaged for 3yrs. This year is FLYIING by. Having so much fun with all the planning. I almost want it to slow down so I can enjoy it even longer. :)
  • mrsb53mrsb53 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    The time is flying for me! We got engaged in August 2013 and the wedding is in October 2014. I've gotten a lot of the planning out of the way, but it still seems like there is a lot to do and not much time to do it!
  • @rachelsea53 that's when we got engaged too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ashwiseashwise member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It depends on the day.  We've been together for 8 years already, and "officially" engaged since last June, so almost a year, and I'm just ready for the party and honeymoon.  We already consider ourselves to be an old married couple, I'm just ready to make it official and have a party!! LOL. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• mrsb53mrsb53 member
    @emily104 awesome! When is your wedding?
  • @rachelsea53 Our wedding is October 4th!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsb53mrsb53 member
    @Emily104 ours is October 5!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards