Chit Chat

What is your absolute most hated food

Re: What is your absolute most hated food

• I'm a very picky eater. I will TRY anything at least once. And I'll eat it if someone has prepared it for me as to not be rude.

Most green vegatables: spinach, brussel sprouts, sweet peas. Cabbage, colliflauer, brocoli, butterbeans, cole slaw, pimento cheese.

Mushrooms I can handle as long as they are cooked and chopped up small.

• All meat, also peppers.

Anniversary

• Onions, hands down. Any type of onions too.

I wish I liked them though because they seem to be in everything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate cilantro. Tastes soapy to me.
    I felt the same way until my early 30's. I was told that it's genetic, though I'm not certain.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Bananas. Disgusting beyond compare.
  • Bacon I just can't. The taste is just awful to me.

I don't think we could ever be friends. Or maybe we could, so long as I always got your share of bacon.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Shrimp. I get nauseated just looking at shrimp. My good friend loves shrimp cocktail so when she orders it, I have to sit on the other end of the table.
  • Another vote for mushrooms. I actually tell waiters I am allergic to them even though I am not. It seems to be the only way they take my no mushroom request seriously.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hot dogs, the small, taste and texture make me sick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014

Man I love most of these hated foods!

I just can't with tomato soup. Idk what it is about it, but I start gagging at the smell!

ETA: I also can't stand bell peppers. Give me a spicy chili anytime!

• I am not by any stretch of the imagination a picky eater. I think the only thing I won't eat are raw onions. I used to hate all onions, but when I saw how many recipes I had used needed onions that I was leaving out I caved so now I can eat them if they are cooked, 
  • afox007 said:
    I am not by any stretch of the imagination a picky eater. I think the only thing I won't eat are raw onions. I used to hate all onions, but when I saw how many recipes I had used needed onions that I was leaving out I caved so now I can eat them if they are cooked, 
    Yeah I can tolerate them if they're chopped up small and cooked into something, like spaghetti sauce. But sauteed onions on a burger? Nopenopenope, looks like worms.

• I used to be a picky eater, but I believe it's just because I was raised on a "meat 'n' potatoes" diet and didn't know any better.  I like most of the aforementioned foods.

That being said, I loathe water chestnuts!   I don't even eat at Chinese restaurants much anymore just due to water chestnuts being in everything. (Now I much prefer Thai or Japanese if I'm in the mood for anything Asian.)  

I just don't get how water chestnuts can be simultaneously juicy and crunchy. Ick ick ick. 

• My fiance likes the fact that he always gets my bacon. So I think I would be a great friend in that regards. 
    FI loves me because he always gets my dessert (I can't have dairy AND I can't taste sweet, so I'm usually screwed). I'll trade you my cake for your bacon! hehe
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I thought of something else. I hate pineapple. The texture is just the worst.
  • Ha I love most of the things on this thread, and I will eat all of them (though I've never had liver).

The only food I can think of that I can't even swallow is raw tomatoes. If I even bite into something that has a stray tomato seed I will start to gag. I don't even like touching them to pull them off a sandwich, and then I have to use a napkins to scrap the thing down to make sure I get every remnant.

I'll eat all your mushrooms!
  • Tuna "salad".  It makes me want to vomit....mashed up fish in slimy mayo?  Disgusting.  I have a hard time watching people eat it without choking.  I also find most "salad" that is really mashed up protein in mayo super nasty.  Egg "salad"? Gross.  Chicken "salad"? Also gross.  

I also dislike most pickled vegetables (esp. slimy beets), and most condiments: ketchup, mayo, mustard, salad dressing.  I eat all my salads dry or with just lemon and olive oil.  I don't understand the appeal of putting vinegar on food.
  • I'm not sure I can pick just one!!! I'd say seafood, though, and especially fish. I cannot stand the smell.
    THANK YOU!!!!

Everyone looks at me like I've grown a third head when I say I hateHateHATE seafood!!! 
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I hate watermelon. I want to like it because it's so pretty and looks so good, but every time I try it I gag. 
  • Veal, Corned beef, and cheese. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• AlexisA01 said:
    Veal, Corned beef, and cheese. 

OMFG I love every kind of cheese there is. lol

• I'm not sure I can pick just one!!! I'd say seafood, though, and especially fish. I cannot stand the smell.

THANK YOU!!!!

Everyone looks at me like I've grown a third head when I say I hateHateHATE seafood!!! 

Yeah, I get that "look" a lot. My DH doesn't like seafood either, so it's a match made in heaven!!! Every time I travel home, the fam always tried to have seafood and it turns into WWIII.

• jenna8984 said:
    AlexisA01 said:
    Veal, Corned beef, and cheese. 

OMFG I love every kind of cheese there is. lol
    I so wish I hated cheese. I'd probably be 20 lbs lighter lol. 

Not a fan of overly salted foods. Don't like corned beef and hate canned soups. Even the lower sodium ones are still too salty. Chips and things like that that are meant to be salty are fine.
  • Mushrooms and baby corn I would say.  Any kind of seafood is gross to me too. Especially shellfish like clams. Makes me gag even thinking about them or oysters.

• Anything with tentacles!! 
  • Only food I absolutely detest is celery. I've been a vegetarian for 14 years and love most every vegetable...except for that dreaded horrible horrible celery. Uck...
  • edited April 2014
    I hate mayonnaise in meat salads, but I love egg salad, but I add a lot of spicy mustard. And I love Ina Garten's chicken salad with tarragon. (Other than those two recipes I hate all meat with mayonnaise
  • Cabbage.  
  • Other than shellfish (which I'm allergic to) and organ meats, I pretty much eat and enjoy everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards