Wisconsin
Options

Milwaukee-Catering vs. venue in a restaurant

Tongue outOkay ladies.
My partner and I were going to be going to Joey Buonas. I loved it. But I just found out that there is a 8 thousand dollar minimum. That seems like a LOT for the small-ishy group we are going to have (around 100).

we are now thinking Sweet Water.. or a neat space like that. Of course that means we would have to have EVERYTHING brought in.

As far as food.. this is going to be more of an evening event. The ceremony taking place in the same location as the reception.  We aren't thinking of a sit down dinner.. more of a 'station' dinner..

Does anyone have any experience with a caterer with more of... "comfort" food instead of fancy shmancy stuff? Also- what about rentals? Of course budget is an issue.

And what about set up-- are there any other brides in this stort of situation... are you going in before the wedding and doing all of the set up yourselves? Or... do you ask friends... hire people??

As much as I love odd spaces.. I can ABSOLUTELY see the benifits of having everything in an "all inclusive' sort of space.

I am SPINNING.

Re: Milwaukee-Catering vs. venue in a restaurant

• Options
    gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Do you have a location picked out?  City/Burbs?

We had our ceremony and reception at the Elm Grove Woman's Club (clicky).  Rental inlcluded all the chairs, tables, china, flatware, glassware, etc.  Worked very well for our wedding (105 people) - room to mingle, dance, etc.  They did the table and chair set up, we decorated.  Lots of free parking, too.  Very elegant space.

They have a pre-approved list of caterers, but are willing to work with other companies provided they are licenced/insured.  Several on the list do food stations instead of plated dinners.

I know several frineds that had there ceremony and reception at the Astor Hotel.  Beautiful space and much more reasonable than most other downtown weddings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you for your response! The Elm Grove Womans Club seems nice.. though, friends of mine looked into having their commitment ceremony there-- and they don't allow same sex ceremonies.

Next on the list : Best Place

cross your fingers :)

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_milwaukee-catering-vs-venue-in-a-restaurant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:4be440b0-205b-4818-aa6d-8ae4b079685cPost:914b1fb9-4a48-4eb7-88c3-638c1a58d003">Re: Milwaukee-Catering vs. venue in a restaurant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a location picked out?  City/Burbs? We had our ceremony and reception at the Elm Grove Woman's Club ( clicky ).  Rental inlcluded all the chairs, tables, china, flatware, glassware, etc.  Worked very well for our wedding (105 people) - room to mingle, dance, etc.  They did the table and chair set up, we decorated.  Lots of free parking, too.  Very elegant space. They have a pre-approved list of caterers, but are willing to work with other companies provided they are licenced/insured.  Several on the list do food stations instead of plated dinners. I know several frineds that had there ceremony and reception at the Astor Hotel.  Beautiful space and much more reasonable than most other downtown weddings.
    Posted by gundy21[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards