Chit Chat
Options

How did you and your FI/ spouse/ boyfriend/ girlfriend meet?

124»

Re: How did you and your FI/ spouse/ boyfriend/ girlfriend meet?

• Options
    @buddysmom80 I always forget about meetup.com! That could be an excellent resource for as you said, meeting someone or just developing a group of friends that could lead to a date.
  • Options
    He does have friends, but he is not finding the right woman in his group.  He actually tried a drama group last summer.  He played the lead in a local production of "Hair!"  OMG!  Most of the girls were too young.  A ten year age gap is more than he wants to deal with right now.  He did have fun playing a '70s hippie.  He was also in a Gilbert and Sullivan "Pirates of Penzance" as the police captain.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    erinlin25erinlin25 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited April 2014
    we were set up my one of my co-workers (who I had just started working with a few months prior). It was the year of all my friends getting married and my wonderful mother always would give me crap that I worked too much, i'd never get a boyfriend, blah blah blah. We got in a fight about this right before christmas (and as I was going to wedding #7 that year). So I was venting to my co worker about this before christmas break (we were teachers) and she said "I am going to find you a boyfriend, what is your type." I said it would just be nice to find a nice guy who had a job and good values." So we go on christmas break and she had gone to a friends house for a christmas dinner party (who worked at our school as well) and she met my now husband. He had just moved to the area and was at the dinner with his brother and SIL (I worked with (now) SIL mom too). co worker and husband started talking and he mentioned all the girls in the bay area are stuck up and how he just wanted to find "a nice girl with career goals and good values." So right then and there she decided we were destined for each other. When we came back to school she came in the room and said "I met your boyfriend, no I met your husband!." Neither of us would go on a blind date so we agreed on drinks with my co-worker and her husband. The day of the meet, my co workers husband was sick she ended up being the third wheel, lol. But anyway I met my now H and could just tell from the start he was nice and we had a really easy conversation. He got my number, we had our first date the following week and pretty much have been inseparable for 4 years. (married June 2013).

Anniversary
  • Options
    I met my BF on POF and couldn't be happier.  I was 30 and in nursing school when I ended a baaad long term relationship.  When I was ready to start dating again, I didn't know where to look.  Hard to meet anyone at work when you're a nurse since you cant date the pts and most of us don't want to date the doctors (Greys Anatomy is completely fictitious!).  I'm not terribly religious, so church didn't seem like an option, didn't know anyone my age who wasnt married or engaged, and my ex was an alcoholic, so I definitely wasnt gonna troll the bars for the next guy.

I tried POF because it was free.  I had a fun summer dating lots of different guys before I settled on BF who is PERFECT for me.  Yeah, there were some creeps and weirdos and yeah there was some rejection.  But that's true of dating in general.  I was very careful about who I met, where I met them and who I chose to give my phone number to (never gave the digits until after we met in person).  I was told be people later that POF is for hook-ups, not for dating.  That's certainly not what I used it for, and really the experience is what you make of it.  At any rate, I never would have found this wonderful guy without the site.  I should have, because we actually lived in the same apartment complex at the same time in college, but we never met.  So I will always be grateful to POF!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OKCupid.com

I was actually going online to cancel my account because I had met just enough creepers. (No, I will not send you a picture of my feet. . . . . . or anything else) but he had messaged me and seemed normal. So I decided to see where it would go - and now we are very happy together!
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards