Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Final Guest List Timeline Question

Hi all,

So I'm getting married June 7th. I put on the invites to reply no later than May 7th. Well, my venue needs a final headcount by May 10th. Would it be rude or too early to start doing my final guest headcount?

Re: Final Guest List Timeline Question

• Options
    Lisax4156 said:
    Hi all,

So I'm getting married June 7th. I put on the invites to reply no later than May 7th. Well, my venue needs a final headcount by May 10th. Would it be rude or too early to start doing my final guest headcount?
    What do you mean?  I actually think that you probably should have done an earlier RSVP date like May 5th or May 3rd to allow some extra time for any straggling RSVPs to come in and then leave you with a few days to make calls to those that didn't reply.

But regardless.  Once your RSVP deadline hits you will need to contact those that did not send in their RSVP to get their yes or no so that you can give your final headcount to your venue by the 10th.

• Options
    Thanks for the help!

I should have asked for an earlier date and realized that once I had printed them out. But, we are close friends with everyone, so I think everyone will be ok with us asking :) We're expecting a 90% turnout. Thanks again! :)
  • Options
    ^^no need to get snarky... When I sent out my invites, we had no intentions of a reception. In fact,  We didn't decide on a reception until at least 2-3 wks after I sent them out. So this is why I'm asking.
  • Options
    ^^no need to get snarky... When I sent out my invites, we had no intentions of a reception. In fact,  We didn't decide on a reception until at least 2-3 wks after I sent them out. So this is why I'm asking.
    Time out. You were going to invite people to your wedding but not host anything for them afterwards?

• Options
    Time out. You were going to invite people to your wedding but not host anything for them afterwards?

WTF?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    manateehuggermanateehugger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    Lisax4156 said:
    Is the reception going to be immediately following the ceremony and in the same venue? If not, you might prepare yourself for mass guest confusion. 

ETA: No, don't call anyone until after the deadline. Otherwise you just look pushy. 
  • Options
    Lisax4156Lisax4156 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    We originally had wanted a big party afterwards at our house. Then we decided against that and wanted to rent out a friends associations clubhouse.. then we decided against that and went with a reception. So now we're here.  So we were indecisive for awhile.
  • Options
    Lisax4156 said:
    We originally had wanted a big party afterwards at our house. Then we decided against that and wanted to rent out a friends associations clubhouse.. then we decided against that and went with a reception. So now we're here.  So we were indecisive for awhile.
    I just don't get how you can send out invites without knowing what you were planning on in regards to a reception after your ceremony.  And all of those things you describe would be considered a reception.  How will the guests know what is going on?

• Options
    Lisax4156Lisax4156 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2014
    I sent out invites with the intentions of what we were going to do. Then my FH decides he didn't want that AFTER I sent them out...

Anyways, this thread has nothing to do with what type of reception I want, and quite frankly, none of anyone's business, since no one here is going. That's totally off subject.
  • Options
    Lisax4156 said:
    I sent out invites with the intentions of what we were going to do. Then my FH decides he didn't want that AFTER I sent them out...

Anyways, this thread has nothing to do with what type of reception I want, and quite frankly, none of anyone's business, since no one here is going. That's totally off subject.
    But are you going to let your guests know that plans have changed?

• Options
    Lisax4156 said:

We aren't trying to be snarky here, we're just wondering how your guests will know about your reception if you didn't include that info in the invite. Are you sending out a separate card?
  • Options
    Yep we've notified everyone.. I'm also going to send out reception cards in about a week .. I also have a Facebook event that all if our guests are on as well..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards