Chit Chat

Bragging about your FI

FI spent yesterday with me bugging him at work because my tiny company needed tech support. After work, I go for a long-scheduled happy hour with friends. After, FI apologized for being late to pick me up from the train after work. He had to stop at Home Depot because he was out of Teflon tape. Apparently, our shower head snapped off and he had to redo a bunch of plumbing. By the time I got home, it was just waiting on a bit of tape.

I love how this man can fix anything. He fixed our work email issues via Webex, fixed the shower, and even gave her sister's car a brake job after work (before the shower broke). I got home at 8:30 to a hot dinner in the crockpot (I did most of the prep but still...) and a shower head that was fixed before I changed out of my work clothes.

Feeling very spoiled and so lucky.

What does your FI/SO/partner/etc do that you want to brag about?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bragging about your FI

• I have had the world's worst sinus infection since Sunday. H has been taking care of me bringing me tea and medicine. He also cleaned the kitchen and cleaned the catbox so I wouldn't have to. He's a keeper.
  • I love that my FI works with his hands and can fix just about anytihing. He makes my coffee in the morning (just a Keurig but it's sweet), popcorn on the stove as my eveing snack most nights, and brings me a cup of water to bed every night. It really is the little things that he does that mean the most to me.

• This is funny because I would have had somethng to brag about if FI followed through yesterday. We are doing (I should say planning) some renovations to our home. Just easy stuff that can be picked up at Home Depot and installed like wainscoting, 6 panel doors, new hinges & knobs. I had to work a few hours late last night and when I got home he tells me "So I wanted to surprise you and do some of the work. I went to HD and looked at all the stuff we need.....But I was worried that you wouldn't like the ones I picked out so I didn't buy anything". LOL I'm not picky at all, it would have been awesome if he just went ahead and did it but at least he was kinda being thoughtful and not just lazy!

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    FI is so responsible and does all of our bills, taxes, etc. It's something I HATE doing, so I'm very grateful he takes charge. 

He's also amazing with technology, which I am not. 
  • We have an automatic coffee maker, so FI sets it up every night. In the morning, if he gets up before I do, he'll pour my coffee, and place a straw in it for me :) And he does our laundry every week!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• FI makes sure everything is paid and on time. He does the laundry AND folds/hangs/puts it away.  Last week I was having a really stressful day; one those days where you wonder what you're doing with your life, and when I came home from work there was a bouquet of Spring flowers and a sweet card on the dinner table.  He had used his lunch hour to run to the store and pick them up for me :)
    Anniversary

•  H is also the handy one in our relationship! He's fixed a foundation problem, & our eaves trough, not too long ago. It's nice not having to call someone in to fix things! He always makes my coffee, or starts dinner when he knows I've had a long day. One of my fav things though, is that he comes into the bedroom to say bye before he heads to work. (He generally works earlier than I do). I definitely like the little things the most! I could go on, but to wrap it up, he's probably the most considerate & loving person I know! :)<3

*J
  • This is funny because I would have had somethng to brag about if FI followed through yesterday. We are doing (I should say planning) some renovations to our home. Just easy stuff that can be picked up at Home Depot and installed like wainscoting, 6 panel doors, new hinges & knobs. I had to work a few hours late last night and when I got home he tells me "So I wanted to surprise you and do some of the work. I went to HD and looked at all the stuff we need.....But I was worried that you wouldn't like the ones I picked out so I didn't buy anything". LOL I'm not picky at all, it would have been awesome if he just went ahead and did it but at least he was kinda being thoughtful and not just lazy!

FI does the same thing! When we were working on our living room, I gave him the go-ahead to pick out paint colors. He knows all of the artwork that we wanted to hand and has a great eye for color after working for years in printing. I have no eye for it whatsoever. The same thing happened when choosing new cabinets, tile, and paint for our kitchen- I cared about functionality but had no eye beyond that. Yet somehow he can't bring himself to make decisions about stuff like that without me. He'll fix anything and do the work but hates making decisions around style.
  • edited April 2014
    He is a wonderful hands-on dad. He skipped going to the gym last night after work and he spent the rest of the evening with our daughter. While he was outside with her, he was playing with her so I can get a chance to cook dinner and clean the house. 
  • He kills roaches and takes out the trash way more than I do. He rubs my feet even if they're stinky. He's great with my wacky family. He is a fabulous sous-chef. He is a dedicated worker even when work is frustrating and unfulfilling.
  • DH pays the bills, which I love because that's a chore I hate doing. Yesterday, he unloaded the dishwasher AND put the dirty dishes in it and he dusted.

Because of our work schedules and because I'm much, much pickier about how clean things are, I usually do the dusting/vacuuming/mopping/cleaning, so it was a nice change that he had done it.

He always takes out the trash and recycling, which I also hate doing. 

And since I go to bed well before him at most nights, he always comes in and kisses me goodnight and asks if I need anything -- water, tea, whatever.

I agree with PPs -- it's the little things.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    He's tall, dark and handsome. He's strong and a genius and he's really handy. He's hilarious. He is athletic. He never gets mad at me and I totally deserve him getting mad at me all the time. He's a much better person than I am. He doesn't know that he could do much better than me. We are BFF4lyfe HAHAHAH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm still living between my parents house and our apartment.  Last week I stayed at my parents house the majority of the week.  I've been crazy busy with work and wedding stuff.  My plan was to go to our place Friday straight from work.  FI had all the laundry done by the time I got home, ran errands with me, got us Thai food for dinner, and scrubbed the toilets for me.  (that's by far my least favorite chore).  Saturday morning before we left for our bach/bachlorette parties he moved all the furniture so I could vacuum. Sounds silly but it just makes my life that much easier.  Especially when I knew I wouldn't want to do it when I got home on Sunday.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • He kills any bugs that are in the house without any complaint.  He opens doors for me.  When we go somewhere like Tim Hortons, he knows I like a medium hot chocolate with two straws, but he asks me what I want every time we are in line; he also grabs the straws for me.  When we are walking, we always hold hands and he is sure to be the one nearer to the traffic in case a car runs off the road or something.  
  • He cleans up after Gus has explosive diarrhea all over the house and doesn't make a single fuss about it. Gagged a ton, but no fussing. Poor FI, and poor Gus's butt :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • doeydo said:
    He kills any bugs that are in the house without any complaint.  He opens doors for me.  When we go somewhere like Tim Hortons, he knows I like a medium hot chocolate with two straws, but he asks me what I want every time we are in line; he also grabs the straws for me.  When we are walking, we always hold hands and he is sure to be the one nearer to the traffic in case a car runs off the road or something.  
    Fi does this too!  I think it's kind of morbid that he even thinks about that, but it's really sweet.

He works in a field that isn't particularly interesting to him, because he knows we really need him to have a stable job.  He is supporting the lion's share of our financial needs while I'm in law school.

He notices when I'm stressed and does the little things that really help: he'll clean the house, make dinner, take me to a movie when he knows I just need to stop thinking about school/work.

He's insanely smart, gives himself random historical research projects just for fun, loves to get both of us outside on the weekends.  He treats his elders with respect and is a role model for his younger family members. He's a caring godfather/uncle to his family's LOs, and he has helped my little sister move like five times in the last two years.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• FI had a super busy night last night- prepping for the end of his semester, plus a huge work day, and wanting to get a run in. I on the other hand, haven't been feeling good and just wanted to veg out all night. FI was in our bedroom studying and being productive, but would periodically come out and kiss my cheek and then go back in and keep studying. It IS the little things, and I love him for it. :-)
    imageimage">
  • FI always changes the litter boxes even though I am the cat person. He is amazing with my nephews, I got home from work one day last year and he wasn't home, it turns out the boys had the day home from school and FI took them to the zoo. He also cooks most nights because he works from home.
  • There are so many things that I could brag about FI with. He is the sweetest, most caring guy I have ever met. His heart is huge and he always tries to see the best in every situation. My family loves FI and he treats me like a princess even when I am being a huge, unfair bitch.

My favorite thing about FI is that he helps me get to sleep every night by running his fingers over my back until I fall asleep. He really is the best and I am SO excited to marry him!

• FI has been working super hard to apply for new jobs so that we can move, and is willing to do it either way. I know it's stressing him out and is kind of demoralizing but he's really plugging away at it. 

Also he looks like Bradley Cooper. 
  • Too much to list..  He is an amazing, dedicated father.  He looks for the best in everyone.  He's intelligent and successful.  He forgives.  He's snuggly.  He wasn't much of a pet person when I met him, but he's very sweet with our cats.  And being very easy on the eyes doesn't hurt either-
  • VulgarGirlVulgarGirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I get coffee on my nightstand every morning. FI gets up before I do and goes and works out or jogs or whatever and when she comes back she makes me my coffee and puts on my nightstand and then goes to shower.

It's been 9 years and without fail, I have coffee on my nightstand every morning. 

Also she's incredibly hot. Seriously, smoking.
  • FI is a very fix it kinda guy. Very tech savvy and he sacrifices a lot for us. He works full time, and goes to school full time. All while helping with wedding stuff, too! Helps a ton with bills (making sure they are paid on time, etc.) He also boosts my confidence when I feel crappy. I also happen to think he is very hot. ;D

I am just so lucky! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FI is just insanely sweet.  He doesn't have a mean bone in his body and just makes people happy wherever he goes.  He never misses an opportunity to show me how much he cares for me, and he tells me I am the most lovely woman he's ever seen.  He is the most wonderful person I have ever met.  He is very smart, and also hilarious.  He's always making me laugh.  He is always there for me.   FI makes me extremely happy.  

FI plays bass and didgeridoo, is learning Chinese, and is an amazing writer.  He wrote me a love poem the other day that melted my heart.
  • My FI surprises me all the time! This morning, he left a post-it note on the bathroom mirror reminding me that Valero had free coffee since our basketball team won. I went to bed early the night before so I thought it was sweet that he reminded me I could get free coffee - he knows how much I love it!

• Ohmygosh FI is just so incredibly amazing that I could probably go on for days. One thing in particular though is that he has not gone one day since we've been dating without telling me that I'm beautiful/pretty/gorgeous etc. He knows I don't have very good self-esteem and I'm always self-conscious about my clothes/hair/makeup and he would do anything to make me feel pretty. Just this morning as he was running out the door I got an "I love you, you're beautiful!". That's enough to make a girl feel good about her day!

• There are so many things that I could brag about FI with. He is the sweetest, most caring guy I have ever met. His heart is huge and he always tries to see the best in every situation. My family loves FI and he treats me like a princess even when I am being a huge, unfair bitch.

My favorite thing about FI is that he helps me get to sleep every night by running his fingers over my back until I fall asleep. He really is the best and I am SO excited to marry him!

I get head rubs from FI just about daily. He says I'm like a cat all the time, particularly when it comes to cuddling up on him and nudging him until he rubs my head. I just like it because it's incredibly comforting. He's created a monster lol
  • I was gone last weekend from Wednesday through Sunday. When I got back, he was so sweet and a little bit pitiful. I was sitting on the couch and he knelt in of me and hugged me for a long time and he kept saying how much he missed me, and he couldn't sleep without me, and he had nothing to do and wanted me to come home.  It was so cute.  I slept fine while I was gone, and sure I missed him, but I was also at a conference where I was attending classes and sessions all day, while he had his weekend (an odd work week setup) and didn't have much to do.

• Mine SO is so awesome. He helps me with homework even though I get frustrated and angry over it. He helps me out at work sometimes when its really busy and my coworkers are being lazy bastards. He makes me food all the time, and gets all the stick bugs out of the apartment. And he just took on an army of ants so I could study for my chem exam. He had to move the fridge and everything, poor man. I think I could go on forever but those are the things we has just done in the past couple of days haha. I am definitely lucky and spoiled.
  • FI get's up for work about 2 hours before I do every morning, so he pulls up the extra blanket to my shoulders so I don't get cold (he's a heater all night). He also, without question, will rearrange his work schedule every time I have an event for my high school students so he can be there to run the lights and audio in the auditorium for me. He does the dishes, takes out the trash, and cooks dinner every night. He also let's me pick the movie more often than not, so he has watched more than his fair share of historical dramas, musicals, rom-coms, and indie flicks.

OH! And he brings home wine anytime he thinks I may have had a bad day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards