Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Freaking Out - Please talk sense into me

For my wedding, I want my hair completely up and curled.  I already had my trial in March, so my goal was to keep my hair the same length as that until the wedding on 11/1/14 (just under 6 months away).  I went for a trim today and the lady who cut my hair took it WAY TOO FAR for me.  I have THICK curls in layers, and right now my shortest layer is just barely at my shoulder when pulled straight.  The longest is just at my chest when pulled straight.  Do you think it will grow out enough in time for me to still do my updo??  Will I be able to get one more "clean up the split ends" trim in a few months, or would that be pushing it?  I'm seriously terrified that my wedding day plan is ruined (and I definitely can't afford a second trial).   

Side note - I like my hair the length it is now..I'm not upset with how it looks in general...I just really loved my hair trial and want to be able to achieve the look on the day of...Oh...and my FI LOVES it shorter and thinks I'm nuts because "it will absolutely grow out in the next 6 months"..but he's a guy and I need a second opinion

Re: Freaking Out - Please talk sense into me

• KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    How long was it before the cut today? How fast does your hair grow? I don't think any of us can really answer this question.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• They cut off I guess about 4 inches.  It was just past my boobs before and now it's just above them at its longest layer.  My hair grows relatively quickly I think, but honestly I only get it cut every 4-6 months because and it's so curly it's hard to really tell.  

I guess my question is more...can you do an updo with hair that's layered with the shortest part just below the shoulders?  That's where I thin it will be come wedding time. 
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I think it depends on the particular updo, but my first thought is yes....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm getting married in November too! (yay!) And I too just got a haircut where they took WAY too much off! (boo!)

I was talking to a friend who is a hairdresser and she suggested that I take biotin or prenatal vitamins because they tend to help your hair grow.

Could you just e-mail your stylist to ask how much the hair style might be affected by length? Also- (one average) hair grows 1/2 in per month- so it will be about 3 inches longer, but it might not look like that much because your hair is curly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You'll be fine! Hair grows quicker in the summer. And yes, prenatals are supposed to be great for your hair!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards