Snarky Brides
Options

Bathroom kits

Has anyone ever been like, OMG these are the best things ever when they see them at weddings? I'm just trying to decide if it's worthwhile to put some together or not.

Anniversary

Re: Bathroom kits

• Options
    My photographer thought they were the best thing ever at my wedding. My mom put them together and went a little overboard.

I'm meh on them. They are a nice idea but I usually carry spare bobby pins, tissues and tampons in my clutch. I would take a mint or some gum if it was there but wouldn't miss it is. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm actually slowly gathering things to put in bathroom kits for my wedding. Our bathrooms are in a log cabin - no frills whatsoever, but at least they aren't port-a-potties. We have to provide everything, so I've been hitting up the travel-size item aisles and clearance bins everywhere. I might be having too much fun...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I've never seen a bathroom basket at a wedding. I can't imagine they're anything to get too excited about though.
  • Options
    A friend of mine had them at her wedding!  They were a thoughtful touch, even though I didn't use anything out of them except a pack of Listerine strips.  I think the whole basket included pads / tampons, hairspray, mouthwash, Listerine strips, oil blotting paper, chapstick, and tissue packs.  A lot of other ladies were using the chapstick and tissues, however, since it was a December wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    I like when there's nice (unscented) soap and lotion available because the stuff most public restrooms/venues use is that antiseptic green or pink soap that feels like it's taking layers of skin of my hands. Other than that I tend to keep everything I need in my clutch.
  • Options
    I'm making these, sort of. I'm just buying small makeup bags and loading them with essentials for the wedding (really every day). Bobby pins, their favorite lotion, breath mints, deodorant, lip gloss/stick, nail polish, tissue packs, etc. I think they are a nice personal touch that can obviously be used over and over.

• Options
    ScoutFScoutF member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    A friend of mine had them at her wedding!  They were a thoughtful touch, even though I didn't use anything out of them except a pack of Listerine strips.  I think the whole basket included pads / tampons, hairspray, mouthwash, Listerine strips, oil blotting paper, chapstick, and tissue packs.  A lot of other ladies were using the chapstick and tissues, however, since it was a December wedding.
    I've seen this before. The bride also had Old Navy flip flops in various sizes for people who wanted to switch to flats. 
  • Options
    I did restroom baskets. FI and FSMIL both thought that it was an amazing idea and were really excited about them. It's not something that I've seen at a wedding before so I don't know how I would feel about it if it wasn't my wedding.
  • Options

ugh... this is something I didn't think about.... at this point being a month out, it's just another detail to worry about.  I will probably forgo them. 

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm doing them. I'm also a pretty good couponer so I'm not planning on spending more than a few bucks on them. I'm trying not to buy things too far in advance but I have things like tampons, safety pins, hair spray, clear nailpolish (for runs), individually wrapped mints, lint brushes, and stain removers that I've picked up for about $4. I doub't I'll actually add more stuff. My plan is to do a smaller kit for the men's room.

I'm not a big fan of signs but I thought I'd wrap a cardboard box in fabric (using the fabric adhesive spray) and wrapping it with a ribbon to make it pretty. This is the same approach I'm using for the card box.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm not doing them only because my venue is a golf club, and aside from the locker rooms there is only one large restroom in the lobby. It's been awhile since I was last there, but it seems like they actually have this in the restroom already. I wouldn't stress about it. The only thing I might use would be hairspay and gum.
  • Options
    lolo883

Lipstick is red and mouthwash is blue,
    Freshen up here after using the loo!
    Here are some tissues if your nose gets runny,
    Here are some mints if your breath smells funny.
    No need to look like a mess anymore - 
    Now get your ass back out on the dance floor!

*poetry finger snaps* Thank you, I'll be here all week

Pinterest beat you to it.

• Options
    lolo883

Lipstick is red and mouthwash is blue,
    Freshen up here after using the loo!
    Here are some tissues if your nose gets runny,
    Here are some mints if your breath smells funny.
    No need to look like a mess anymore - 
    Now get your ass back out on the dance floor!

*poetry finger snaps* Thank you, I'll be here all week

Pinterest beat you to it.
    I think I might actually throw up...
  • Options
    They're not something I ever miss but they're a nice little detail. I wouldn't go overboard like some of the pictures I've seen on pinterest, though. Just a few nice things like gum, hairspray, bobby pins, etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I think they're nice.  I am usually super-prepared anyway, but I think it's a thoughtful touch.  We will probably have them.  I enjoy shopping for that stuff and I get Birchbox, so I will have plenty of little samples around anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    @lolo883 My mom actually used that poem :S She made the bathroom baskets and was so proud that she figured out how to print off the poem, on fancy paper no less (she's not super tech savvy) that I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like it.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @lolo883 My mom actually used that poem :S She made the bathroom baskets and was so proud that she figured out how to print off the poem, on fancy paper no less (she's not super tech savvy) that I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like it.
    I think moms get a free pass for a lot of tackiness. :) I know I'm happy when my mom shows up for events wearing jeans that weren't handed down from my brother, so I wouldn't judge her too hard for a cheesy poem. :-p

• Options
    gg&ld14gg&ld14 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    It's not mandatory or expected but I will have them. I think it's a nice gesture and it doesn't take a lot of time or money. 

My list so far includes Band aids, skin color medical tape, a sewing kit, clear nail polish, safety pins, glue, tissues, anti bacterial wipes and gel, bobby pins, hairspray, deodorant, hand soap and lotion, Advil (I'm allergic to aspirin and I'm sure I'm not the only one), Listerine strips, insect repellent (outdoors), pads, tampons, Chapstick, comb, brush and hair iron.

Maybe it's not completely necessary and a lot of people is very well prepared and have all they might need with them, but I will feel better knowing my guests are covered in case of an emergency. I sure appreciated the bathroom basket in my cousin's wedding when the server stumbled with a kid running around and I ended up with rum and coke in my hair, face and dress... So, I'm a little biased. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Someone who needs something you have to offer that they didn't bring with them will be grateful.  Keep it pretty simple and you'll probably be fine.  I've never used one at a wedding, but at a retreat I went to once and was so glad they offered it.
  • Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    I personally would be stoked my purse usually only has a lighter, ciggies, phone, wallet, makeup, and whatever misc bull shit FSS got out of a gumball machine.
  • Options
    Our venue keeps tampons and pads in all of the women's bathrooms. They also keep nice soap, lotion, tissues, and perfume. We probably won't be adding anything. Men's bathrooms have lotions and soaps too. No perfume or tampons though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lolo883    Oh, I knew Pinterest would beat me too it - I've seen the poems *shudder*.  I just wanted to show Pinterest up with my mad rhyming skillz*

*heavy sarcasm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    I think I will probably have them. I got my period at FI's cousins engagement party, and was super thankful that there were tampons in the bathroom! 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I was going to do something like this but not go overboard.  Should I do one for the men's room too?  I can't really think of what men need besides gum and soap.
  • Options
    jneen101 said:

I was going to do something like this but not go overboard.  Should I do one for the men's room too?  I can't really think of what men need besides gum and soap.

Condoms? ;)

I'd do a Tide pen for the inevitable sauce on the tie. Mouthwash. Maybe saline if anyone has contacts bothering them (for both baskets; that's something I haven't seen mentioned but guests at my house always seem to need).

• Options
    If you're going to do this, I suggest putting some kind of painkiller in there (Advil or whatever). I have always been ultra grateful when I've needed that and been able to borrow it from someone who keeps it in her purse.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    I'm doing them.  People I've talked to all agreed its a nice thing to have, and it was easy enough to throw together.  I had a lot of stuff at my house already to throw in - lotions, stain sticks, hairspray, contact solution .  I figure the stuff I'm putting in them I can use if they don't get used.  I put a jar with some lifesavers and cough drops. Advil, bandaids, etc. 
  • Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    jneen101 said:

for the guys I did advil, lotion, stain stick, hairspray, bandaids, lifesavers/cough drops, contact solution, tums
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards