Snarky Brides

Disney Princess Wedding article...

So I came across an entire article about the Ariel-bride, whose bridal party dressed up (really poorly) as other princesses...
http://www.today.com/style/princess-bride-over-top-disney-wedding-viral-hit-1B8255923

The whole thing just gets worse and worse - the groomsmen were villains (???) ... but I have to say my favorite part is the ice sculpture.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird

Re: Disney Princess Wedding article...

• I love Disney but WHAT THE F? If you want to throw a Disney themed party then more power to you but your wedding... Really? I don't understand it.
  • Annnnnd it looks like a child's birthday party. I get that the couple loves Disney but if I was a guest at their wedding, I would've been side-eyeing and mouthing "WTF" to FI the whole time.
  • I love Disney a lot. And my only reaction to this is: BLURF WHY
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Seriously? Ok, I admit to finding Flounder cute but everything else is so far from cute into the she so cray cray territory.
  • My friend adores Disney. She also had Disney as her wedding theme. Well, Disney/Christmas (yeah...), she just stuck a Micky/Minnie cake topper on the cake and their first dance was to some song from Sleeping Beauty. And that was about it. At their rehearsal and rehersal dinner they wore their Mickey and Minnie bride and groom ears. And then honeymooned in Disney World.

Would've been better if she'd dressed up as a mermaid and had her dad tote her down the aisle in a kiddie pool.
  • So I came across an entire article about the Ariel-bride, whose bridal party dressed up (really poorly) as other princesses...
    http://www.today.com/style/princess-bride-over-top-disney-wedding-viral-hit-1B8255923

The whole thing just gets worse and worse - the groomsmen were villains (???) ... but I have to say my favorite part is the ice sculpture.  

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    Not only do the bridesmaids' dresses look like crap (as previously discussed on this board), but the groom's suit looks awful.  Did he rent that Prince Charming garb?!  Just stick to Men's Wearhouse, people!!

ETF: wording
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The makeup artist in me is crying over the hair/makeup.  WRONG RED.  Not wrong red for Ariel, wrong red for her.  It looks weird against her skin.  AND STOP WITH THE DAMN BLUE EYESHADOW.  The only thing that looks worse than the red hair that clashes is the blue eyeshadow that clashes.  Blue is something to be used very sparingly and only when you're really careful to choose a flattering shade.  That ice blue next to the wrong red just clashes so much and looks trashy. Ariel didn't even wear blue eyeshadow.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE red hair and a bold red lip.  But choosing the correct shade is really important, if the undertones in the red clash with the undertones of your skin it just looks funky. EX. My hair is red, but leans closer to pink/violet, and it looks great because I have pale skin with cool undertones.  If I had an orangey red, it would look like shit.  I think that bride needed a cooler red with pink/violet undertones. 

Nothing says "I did it myself" like the wrong lipcolor and topping the look off with blue eyeshadow.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I am having a Disney wedding but it is at Disneyland and there will be no costumes or random shell bags as centerpieces. Everything will be as traditional as it would be in any other venue aside from the carriage (which how often can you ride those) and the photographs we are taking in front of the castle the morning after.

This is too much....
  • Those bridesmaids look so thrilled to be dressed like that.  Except not at all.

The Tinkerbell flower girl was cute.  Not really wedding appropriate, IMO.  But cute.
  • InkdancerInkdancer member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I think the Tinkerbell was a heck of a lot more wedding appropriate than the little mini-brides. Those creep me out so bad.

ETA: Example. This child should not be wearing a strapless mini-gown!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Rebl90Rebl90 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Inkdancer said:
    I think the Tinkerbell was a heck of a lot more wedding appropriate than the little mini-brides. Those creep me out so bad.

ETA: Example. This child should not be wearing a strapless mini-gown!!

I agree that this dress is OTT and should not be worn by a child, but I see spaghetti-style straps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VulgarGirlVulgarGirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    beethery said:
    melbenso said:
    Those bridesmaids look so thrilled to be dressed like that.  Except not at all.

The Tinkerbell flower girl was cute.  Not really wedding appropriate, IMO.  But cute.
    Cinderella (who looks a bit like Taylor Swift) seriously looks like she just realized whats going on. Maybe she just sobered up and is like "Oh fuck, what's happening?" everyone else is clearly judging the bride.

I want to know which one is the maid of honor. Didn't the article say that MOH designed the dresses?

ETA: Except Snow White who is clearly checking out Cinderella's ass.
  • I just realized that all of the bridesmaids are sporting the Cleopatra eye makeup look. Looks like somebody was an ~artiste~
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    melbenso said:
    Those bridesmaids look so thrilled to be dressed like that.  Except not at all.

I feel like this is one of those things where someone says, "Wouldn't it be fun to dress up as princesses for my Disney wedding?" and people agree at the moment not realizing the bride was NOT kidding.
  • I sort of like that the bouquets coordinate with the characters (apples in Snow White's bouquet, feather duster for Cinderella, cards in Alice's, roses for Belle, etc), but other than that... ICK.

The cake is really cute and very well done, but it would be more appropriate for a child's birthday cake, not a wedding cake.

I cannot stand Disney weddings. I know a lot of people LOVE Disney, and I totally get that, but a wedding just seems like the completely wrong time to channel your inner five-year old.
  • I fear for their children.  Ohhhhhhh, those poor children.  If this was what their "adult wedding" looked like, I can't imagine what a nursery or kid's playroom would look like... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I sort of like that the bouquets coordinate with the characters (apples in Snow White's bouquet, feather duster for Cinderella, cards in Alice's, roses for Belle, etc), but other than that... ICK.
    Actually, just doing just the bouquets like that would've been a cute understated nod without smaking you in the face with the Disney stuff.
  • edited May 2014
    No...just no. The way she is schlepping around the stuffed fish is weird as hell. The grooms suit is way to wide and the sleeves too short. If you are going to attempt to make your own wedding attire...at the very least make sure it fits.
  • The groom's shirt is giving me lulz because it looks like a weird chef's uniform jacket.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @beethery yes! I knew it reminded me of something. I just couldn't place it.
  • Grabows14 said:
    I'm surprised no one mentioned this but
    SHE MADE HER DAD WEAR A TIARA AND WALK WITH A TRIDENT (ok i know it's more like a crown, but it looks ridiculous. He must love her very much.)
    I love the look on his face. He's smiling, but it's a very, "She is SO lucky I love her," smile.

• I love Disney ( I even considered getting a gown from their wedding collection), but this is ridiculous. I must say, the cake is cute. This is the kind if thing they may look back on in 20 years and say "What.the.fuck."
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I fully admit my "I am way too girly" side loves some of the Disney dresses. Granted, I put them on and I'm a trashy mess. I'm way too weird in my build to look pretty in frill and sparkly and eight tons of tulle.

I have Figment tattooed on my calf which will be visible. So I'm really more on that side of Disney love. But still. Now I want pictures with my stuffed Figment. Actually, I want him holding our rings, despite my usual hate of the silly ring pictures. I may take those at home. If I don't make him the entire theme, shouldn't a few pictures be ok?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards