Chit Chat

Sh!t my husband says

We hung out with friends Sunday night -- the friends who are getting married on Saturday.

So as we were talking about the wedding, the bride said, 'Oh, I wasn't going to do a seating chart, but then I thought, at least assigning tables was a good idea, so that people were sitting with people they knew.'

I said, 'Yeah, that's why we did it. And it honestly took me about 20 minutes to do it. DH's only request was that his friends be seated closest to the bar.'

DH chimed in and said, 'Yeah, that was the only wedding-related decision I got to make.'

I.Just.Looked.At.Him.

Then he said, 'Oh, yeah....and the flowers -- no roses --  and the cake and the cupcakes and the [GMs'] ties and the readings and the hymns and the reception venue and the food and the alcohol.'

I said, 'And the centrepieces. Because we had that fun little discussion in the craft store about whether I'd considered mason jars and whether the votives should be orange or red and if it was an amber-y orange or an orange-y orange or was it an apple-y red or a cinnamon-y red.'

He said, 'Oh, right. I guess I did have a lot of say in the wedding planning.'

Yes, darling, yes you did.
Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

Re: Sh!t my husband says

• Well, at least he knows better than to deny it.  It is amazing how much they forget.
  • I think some guys are just so used to hearing that they don't get to plan, so it sticks in their head (even if they did get to plan). FI said something like that and he got the look until he corrected himself. Because FI was involved in every decision thus far (except members of the bridal party).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • During our debrief with the wedding coordinator about three weeks after the wedding, DH told her how everything had been wonderful.  On the drive to meet her, we went over everything that had gone wrong that she had been hired to prevent.  When he said that to her, I just gave him the look and then proceeded to tell her the things we had not been pleased with.  In his mind, there was no reason to tell her since it was over.  I was not happy with him at that moment.
    Anniversary
  • I completely agree with @pinkshorts27.  I think that guys hear that they don't have any say in wedding planning- so they forget how much of a say they do have.  

FI will sometimes act like he doesn't get a say, until I remind him that EVERYTHING that we have chosen so far has been a joint decision, minus what I wear and my BP selections.

Oh.. and the fact that I wanted to register for more than 4 place settings.  (Call me crazy)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sounds like to liek to make a point of cutting your husband down in front of other people. i read some of your other posts too. i wonder how long that is going to last
  • sounds like to liek to make a point of cutting your husband down in front of other people. i read some of your other posts too. i wonder how long that is going to last
    Crossmyheartxoxo you have no clue what you are talking about. And if my FI was going around telling people that I made him do this and this, I would remind him that I did no such thing. She didn't say anything, just looked at him. So until you fix your own problems, I would back off of HisGirl

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Crossmyheartxoxo you have no clue what you are talking about. And if my FI was going around telling people that I made him do this and this, I would remind him that I did no such thing. She didn't say anything, just looked at him. So until you fix your own problems, I would back off of HisGirl
    But I got a BINGO square!! We can play BINGO today!! :)
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • oh no not hisgirls minions! what ever shall i do?
  • oh no not hisgirls minions! what ever shall i do?
    Please back off.  We are not minions and are permitted to disagree with you and how you view her posts.
    Anniversary

Wow, really? That's pretty low. And you thought we were the mean and rude ones? Grow up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• its not low just the other day she started a disucssion about how her husband didnt know what kind of sugar 10x was. i would be upseet if my fiance was always makiung fun of me on the interntet
  • Ooh goodie, can minions be the new puppies?

• @SaraBrideSoon-good to know that you think it is cool to be a follower. maybe because you probably dont even have a mind of your own. do tou always do what your fiance tells you to do? he says jump you say how high?
    But I got a BINGO square!! We can play BINGO today!! :)
    Didn't get much sleep last night so I'm snarky this morning. :) Going to get coffee. Unfortunately spending the day writing my final paper so I don't get to take shots, someone take one for me and I will have a large glass of wine when I get home.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @SaraBrideSoon-good to know that you think it is cool to be a follower. maybe because you probably dont even have a mind of your own. do tou always do what your fiance tells you to do? he says jump you say how high?
    How do you get off making comments like this and insisting it's OTHER people who are rude? 

• Not enough MUD in the wedding party thread, eh? Troll, y'all. And a boring one at that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not enough MUD in the wedding party thread, eh? Troll, y'all. And a boring one at that. 
    Oh sweet baby Jesus. Go away @Crossmyheartxoxo , we don't like your kind here.

• GTFO troll.

Okay, now that that is settled...I can't remember any quotable quotes from my husband about the wedding but we apparently have very different solutions to the fact that our sprinkler system isn't working. I just want to hire somebody and be done with it. We have the money. He, on the other hand, is convinced that he has to do the work himself with his father at some still to be named point in the future. With no background in sprinkler repair whatsoever. In the meantime I will continue to spend a half hour every morning water in our lawn with a hose.
  • @lolo883, my FI does the same thing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Troll for sure. Anyhoo...

I agree with PP. I think men get used to hearing the woman does all the planning. Good thing your DH quickly realized he was not in that category.

FI has been kinda spacey lately and yesterday at the culver's drive through he did this. Photo attached because he posted it as his facebook status. I couldn't stop laughing. We have been working a lot of overtime. I can see answering the phone that way by mistake...but to a fast food drive through speaker! I could have died of laughter!
  • @sweetwisconsin love me some culver's!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards