Chit Chat

Sh!t my husband says

Re: Sh!t my husband says

• afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Holy shitballs, you guys. I thought this was just a really long thread with funny stories of things our SOs said. 

I feel like this post needs this. 

Is it bad that I would totally rock the pink stripper heels if they were all pink or at least pink with black? I just don't like the clear :)
  • Holy shitballs, you guys. I thought this was just a really long thread with funny stories of things our SOs said. 

How do people walk in those? I mean that seriously -- with the platform that tall AND the heel, I feel like I'd fall over and break something.

But heels in general aren't always a good idea for me, because I lack physical grace sometimes, so maybe it's just me.
    I can walk in heels, but those shoes are just asking for a broken ankle. There's no way. 
  • Holy shitballs, you guys. I thought this was just a really long thread with funny stories of things our SOs said. 

I actually have some platform clear heels. They're not much harder than normal heels to walk in and the platform actually makes it easier. If it's 7 inch heels with a 3.5 inch platform, you're really only wearing 3.5 inch heels, which isn't that bad. They just look impressive. Plus, they're made for long wear so the soles are really cushy. Pleaser and Ellie are good brands, if anyone is really interested in them. (This thread has really gone all over the place.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• edited May 2014

RajahBMFD said:
    RajahBMFD said:
    Who is actually being called out as a troll here? Curious.

Stuck in box

For my part, I was referring to the butthurt "I want backup bridesmaids" troll, and the super-angry "I hate HisGirl" commenters who apparently joined all of 2 weeks ago. I understand there was some banning drama a year or so ago and I have NO idea about that since I wasn't around, but in general I think the trolling moniker applies to deliberate thread-jacking. Like, don't come on the chit-chat board if you don't want to chit-chat? (But again, I'm not calling you out on this, since obviously this whole thread went apeshit pretty quickly. Clearly I can't stop myself from participating, in any case).
    This is the Chit Chat board, meaning people can talk about whatever. Someone commented on how they thought the original topic was mocking HGF's husband. This is by definition having a conversation. Since then, the thread has followed a relatively sensible train of conversation. Just because the topic changed doesn't mean any poster did anything wrong.
    I think the troll has proven her troll-dom over the course of a few threads; that label wasn't applied based on any specific comment here. I haven't seen her post anything I didn't consider to be egging on a fight. I mean, she got advice she didn't like on one thread so she reposted it on another board saying "trying this again because people were mean to me back there." You KNOW the same people are gonna see you and call it on you and you'll have the same shit storm start back up again. 
    I didn't say she wasn't a troll. I just said that there didn't appear to be any thread jacking. HGF started the thread by talking about something stupid her husband said. Someone offered their opinion on that and it became a discussion. Doesn't really matter if that person is a troll or not in other threads, them offering their opinion in this thread was not trolling. Again, this is just in reference to the idea that there was thread jacking. Not even thinking about if any other posts were trolling.
    It was when we started devolving into "Oh yeah, and you know what else I hate? Her British spellings!" that I officially felt like the thread had gone haywire. This is what happens when I hit a thread thinking there will just be interesting stories about husbands' involvement in the wedding planning. It's never boring around here, I'll say that.
    Yeah, I only saw that in response to HGF's comment saying "I'd be upset if my fiance were on the internet exhibiting atrocious grammar and spelling and displaying publicly a very decided lack of basic grammar concepts, but to each his own, I suppose."

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • It's so creepy how HGF has this bizarre little army of posters. Your posts are not "lady like" or   "classy" as you like to try and call yourself. Your just stuck up and condescending.

She's pretentious, obnoxious, and a know-it-all. All you  ladies who flock to her like she's your savior, should find your own voice instead of listening to this dolt.

Most of you are probably better then that...

HGF wanted to get rid of linger and stage so should could be one of the "cool girls". She was jealous of the attention and notoriety linger and stage, deservedly had. She's nothing more then another insecure girl who had to throw other women under the bus to get to the top. Shame on you HGF.

I was not here when this happened, but I'm glad you can read her mind.  Finding this, and some of your posts, a little ridiculous doesn't mean I always agree with her. Just FYI. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • afox007afox007 member
    Holy shitballs, you guys. I thought this was just a really long thread with funny stories of things our SOs said. 

How do people walk in those? I mean that seriously -- with the platform that tall AND the heel, I feel like I'd fall over and break something.

But heels in general aren't always a good idea for me, because I lack physical grace sometimes, so maybe it's just me.
    VERY VERY carefully. I have a pair of black patent leather heels that are about that high and haven't broken an ankle yet, but I live in heels (except at work stupid waitressing job limits heel height to 1.5"). I've even perfected the art of running in heels. 
  • It's so creepy how HGF has this bizarre little army of posters. Your posts are not "lady like" or   "classy" as you like to try and call yourself. Your just stuck up and condescending.

She's pretentious, obnoxious, and a know-it-all. All you  ladies who flock to her like she's your savior, should find your own voice instead of listening to this dolt.

HGF wanted to get rid of linger and stage so should could be one of the "cool girls". She was jealous of the attention and notoriety linger and stage, deservedly had. She's nothing more then another insecure girl who had to throw other women under the bus to get to the top. Shame on you HGF.

So, all of this drama happened before I joined TK. I really don't know any of the back story. There's been mention here of HGF's minions and her followers. But it seems you (and some other posters) just want people to blindly believe what you're saying regarding her actions. Sort of like your own minions. 

HGF has been nothing but pleasant and wonderful to me. *shrugs* 

Wow I think this is a bit much, no?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Well, I would argue this post is inappropriate and against TOS...regardless of whether I agree with the content or not
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • beethery said:

As a former stripper, I will be happy to explain. With a diagram.

As you can see, the FEELING of the heel height, is much smaller than the heel height + platform. You are still on a rise to feel like you're wearing a 3.5-3.75" heel all told.

They take practice and some ankle strength to get used to walking in. BUT, once you get your walk down, you feel like an eleven foot tall amazon goddess because it becomes difficult for anyone to do anything but stare admiringly at you when you walk around in them.
    I officially love you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• I wish was an amazon goddess in those @beethery, even when I rock my highest heels, I still just hit slightly over 5'7". But they make my ass look good.
  • MagicInk said:
    I don't know who linger or stage are/were. I also don't give a shit. I joined in April. Anything before April don't care all that much. Generally I agree with HisGirl, sometimes I don't, whatever it doesn't really matter. 

I thought this thread would be funny things our partners say/do. But someone (crossmyheart) decided to start a "OMG YOUR SO MEAN TO YOUR HUSBAND!!!!!" war which brought out people who are still mad about something that happened before I joined. So everyone is being accussed of being up everyone's asses and I'm telling your right now no one is in my ass and I'm not up the ass of anyone else because that sounds very uncomfortable! 

I mean I totally stalk @lolo883 around but that's just to watch Jennifer Lawrence in her gif. I'm not in her ass. I don't think she'd appreciate that.
    You can say this all you want but to anyone not in the HGF cult it's blatantly obvious how far up her ass some people actually are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @MagicInk, I'm flattered by your stalking. 

• lkristenj said:

i have dislexia which is why it is hard for me to type sometimes. i uust dont think tht it is fair hpw so many people come to back up someone who obviously dooesnt care about her husvand

I also have dyslexia. Luckily we live in a modern world with things called "spell check"

Sorry, I know that this thread is many more pages long and this may seem out of place. (Hello from pg 2).

I just wanted to chime in and say that I have dyslexia too. Enough so that it affected my school work in grade school until I learned how to cope and work around it. Luckily, I had some awesome teachers who were paying attention and noticed that my test scores didn't match the knowledge I showed in class. They were the ones to discover that I mix up lines and words when reading and helped me learn how to overcome it. Some tasks (like comparing numbers in excel spreadsheets) still make me squint and concentrate really hard, but for the most part, I can function very well in spite of it. Most people don't know about my dyslexia and don't need to know, because they can't tell from my quality of work. I don't use it as a crutch. I am also one of the most grammar-crazy people I know (perhaps with the exception of some of you ladies on these forums). Dyslexia is not an excuse to type poorly. It is obvious from your spelling mistakes that you just had your hand positioned slightly off of where it should have been. That has nothing to do with dyslexia and everything to do with not taking the time or care to type properly. Dyslexia also does not cause you to type everything in lower-case either.

End rant.

I am always happy to hear that I am not alone with this problem. It does make me feel like I'm crazy when I read the same line 50 times in a row and still don't understand it. It's comforting to know others are "crazy" too.

Also, men say crazy things sometimes. So do women. Everyone gets a good chuckle out of it. But laughing at something like that does not mean you don't love each other or that a marriage is doomed to fail.

My sentiments exactly. I usually don't tell people IRL that I have dyslexia. Mostly because of negative past experiences. And I definitely don't use it as an excuse.

Right?....I was so disappointed  :(  

But then your shoes made me happy.  Not that I could ever wear them, because it'd probably go a little like this

Anniversary

• beethery said:
    afox007 said:
    Is it bad that I would totally rock the pink stripper heels if they were all pink or at least pink with black? I just don't like the clear :)
    Thought you might enjoy these:

I might learn to walk in heels for those shoes.
  • MagicInk said:
    I don't know who linger or stage are/were. I also don't give a shit. I joined in April. Anything before April don't care all that much. Generally I agree with HisGirl, sometimes I don't, whatever it doesn't really matter. 

I thought this thread would be funny things our partners say/do. But someone (crossmyheart) decided to start a "OMG YOUR SO MEAN TO YOUR HUSBAND!!!!!" war which brought out people who are still mad about something that happened before I joined. So everyone is being accussed of being up everyone's asses and I'm telling your right now no one is in my ass and I'm not up the ass of anyone else because that sounds very uncomfortable! 

I mean I totally stalk @lolo883 around but that's just to watch Jennifer Lawrence in her gif. I'm not in her ass. I don't think she'd appreciate that.
    You can say this all you want but to anyone not in the HGF cult it's blatantly obvious how far up her ass some people actually are.
    No, there is no one up my ass. I think I would know. That seems like it would be uncomfortable. And hard to poop.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • lkristenj said:
    beethery said:
    afox007 said:

What about these?

pretty! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • afox007afox007 member
    lkristenj said:
    beethery said:
    afox007 said:

What about these?

And now I must go find FI's credit card! I love them both! 
  • Does this thread remind anyone else of when a new special snowflake calls KGs because her feelings got hurt and people disagreed with her?
    It sure does!
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards