Chit Chat
Options

Things I will never understand....

Re: Things I will never understand....

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    @climbingbrideny I've never it called a corral before. Guess it makes sense, I just associate that term with animals lol

Stupid box. 
    I only found out they were called that recently. I heard someone else say it. I always called it "the cart return thingy". 
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    I will never understand why some people choose to be gluten-free without ever knowing what gluten IS. 

I will never understand why the Kardashians are famous. 

I will never understand why some people on planes won't turn off their phones when they're supposed to. It's not a difficult request. 
    HAHA my MIL is on a GF diet for no reason. She's gaining weight and doesn't understand why. I gave her an article and sent her a NPR interview with the doctor who's one of the experts on gluten free diets, related health conditions and Celiac's and runs a center. He says there is no advantage to eating gluten free if you don't have a health condition that requires it. She won't read it or listen to it. It explains even why she's gaining weight. She just continues it and continues to complain about it.

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    -- Where my bobby pins and hair ties go.
    -- Why some of my bobby pins get bent out of shape and others don't; I use them all exactly the same way
    -- Why people do not understand what deadlines are
    -- Why local government websites are full of sixty-eleven BAZILLION things I don't need and contain not at all the information I do need
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:

lyndausvi said:
    1) NWR- driving around the gym parking lot to find the closest spot...then see that person walking on the treadmill five minutes later. 
    2) NWR- free bagels at the gym!? Sabotage. 
    3) Registering for items that you don't need or registering for the top of the line items when you wouldn't pay the price for it yourself. The one you have in your kitchen works perfectly well and there is no reason to upgrade. 

Your turn :) 
    3) Why not?  how do you know they wouldn't buy themselves eventually.  We put some high end stuff for the extra discount to close out the registry.  How do  you know they don't "need" the item. DH is a chef and has different "needs" than another couple.

1) - I lived in a place that had only 4 floors.   The gym was on the 2nd floor.  Units were only on floors 2-4.  We had the SLOWEST elevator is the history of elevators.     I can not tell you  how many people took the elevator to/from the gym?  Seriously?  You could walk up the stairs before the elevator would even get to floor to pick you up.

I do not get people who use their family/friends handicap when the handicapped person is NOT in the car.  it's so damn lazy on their part and they take a space of someone who really needs it.   Of course this if for people I know personally, not just random people because I do not know if there is a non-visible issue.
    I should clarify. This is a friend who already owns, for example, a roaster... a perfectly nice middle of the road one that you use maybe once a month, why register for one that is top of the line? I guess it's more about waste for me. 

I get what you are saying. I don't like it when people have something that works well but they register for an upgrade. I do find it wasteful.
    How is it wasteful? If that is what they want? We are upgrading things and my MOH and younger brother already have dibs on some of my old college stuff. I'm also donating some to a cousin going to college next year? They aren't complete sets or don't have the features I want, so why wouldn't I upgrade or at least put them there for the completion discount? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:

lyndausvi said:
    1) NWR- driving around the gym parking lot to find the closest spot...then see that person walking on the treadmill five minutes later. 
    3) Registering for items that you don't need or registering for the top of the line items when you wouldn't pay the price for it yourself. The one you have in your kitchen works perfectly well and there is no reason to upgrade. 

3) Why not?  how do you know they wouldn't buy themselves eventually.  We put some high end stuff for the extra discount to close out the registry.  How do  you know they don't "need" the item. DH is a chef and has different "needs" than another couple.

1) - I lived in a place that had only 4 floors.   The gym was on the 2nd floor.  Units were only on floors 2-4.  We had the SLOWEST elevator is the history of elevators.     I can not tell you  how many people took the elevator to/from the gym?  Seriously?  You could walk up the stairs before the elevator would even get to floor to pick you up.

I do not get people who use their family/friends handicap when the handicapped person is NOT in the car.  it's so damn lazy on their part and they take a space of someone who really needs it.   Of course this if for people I know personally, not just random people because I do not know if there is a non-visible issue.
    I should clarify. This is a friend who already owns, for example, a roaster... a perfectly nice middle of the road one that you use maybe once a month, why register for one that is top of the line? I guess it's more about waste for me. 

I get what you are saying. I don't like it when people have something that works well but they register for an upgrade. I do find it wasteful.
    How is it wasteful? If that is what they want? We are upgrading things and my MOH and younger brother already have dibs on some of my old college stuff. I'm also donating some to a cousin going to college next year? They aren't complete sets or don't have the features I want, so why wouldn't I upgrade or at least put them there for the completion discount? 

It is just the way I see things. I'm that person who will keep something until it falls apart because I'm not willing to waste the money for a few more features. I'm not judging people who do, in the grand scheme of things I don't really care, I just don't understand it. I just can't get in that mindset.
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    I will never understand why some people choose to be gluten-free without ever knowing what gluten IS. 

I will never understand why the Kardashians are famous. 

I will never understand why some people on planes won't turn off their phones when they're supposed to. It's not a difficult request. 
    HAHA my MIL is on a GF diet for no reason. She's gaining weight and doesn't understand why. I gave her an article and sent her a NPR interview with the doctor who's one of the experts on gluten free diets, related health conditions and Celiac's and runs a center. He says there is no advantage to eating gluten free if you don't have a health condition that requires it. She won't read it or listen to it. It explains even why she's gaining weight. She just continues it and continues to complain about it.

Oh God this.  People do not understand gluten.  FMIL lost a substantial amount of weight by walking and cutting out junk.  She then went on a Paleo diet, cut out almost all carbs and especially gluten, and has plateau'd.  Plus her energy is down the drain.  Seriously, FMIL... it's because all your body is running on right now is meat, saturated fat, and a little bit of vegetables.  Eat a whole grain before you keel over!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    ..... how people can be such ass kissers. ..... why people brake on a highway when there is nothing in front of them. ..... why people judge what others spend their money on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    jdluvr06 said:

lyndausvi said:

It is just the way I see things. I'm that person who will keep something until it falls apart because I'm not willing to waste the money for a few more features. I'm not judging people who do, in the grand scheme of things I don't really care, I just don't understand it. I just can't get in that mindset.
    We upgraded somethings (often it was because what we did originally have was the only thing available on our little island).  The perfectly good item that was being upgraded were given away to people who needed the item. It's not like we just threw it out.  Nor did we sell the item.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Confession: I have both a home gym and bagels at my house...plus cupcakes...No shame!

Things I do not understand:
    - Why people create new features in their yards or do major work on their homes that they are in no way qualified to do. It doesn't actually save you money because when you fail it just costs more for professionals who know what they are doing to come in and clean up your mess. (Back story: My DH and I have a pond in our backyard that was a total DIY project by the last owner and SURPRISE he put in a completely inappropriate pump that would never keep it filtered and clean. Bottom line it would costs thousands to get the pond in workable shape so we're ripping it out.)

- Why it takes me an hour and a half every day to get 30 miles to work.
    SO MUCH THIS! I live 48km from work. It can take up to 45 minutes to go the 12km from school to the highway, then 20 minutes for the last 36km on the highways.

Anniversary
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Another one:

People who go five or more MPH under the speed limit just because they're sharing the road with a police officer. 
  • Options
    It takes me 45 minutes to travel about 17 miles to work. In a previous life, I had a commute of nearly 2 hours for less than 40 miles.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    1. Thongs. I want to floss my teeth, not my tush.

2. Bras with skinny straps made for women with a D cup or above. I have enormous boobs, that piece of string is not going to hold them appropriately!

3. Why my fiance never snores when he is lying on his left side (away from me) but as soon as he rolls onto his right side he snores right in my face.

4. What happens to my lipstick. I have finished one tube, ever. The rest disappears before I can use all of it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

2. Bras with skinny straps made for women with a D cup or above. I have enormous boobs, that piece of string is not going to hold them appropriately!

3. Why my fiance never snores when he is lying on his left side (away from me) but as soon as he rolls onto his right side he snores right in my face.

4. What happens to my lipstick. I have finished one tube, ever. The rest disappears before I can use all of it!
    What do you do about panty lines?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Confession: I have both a home gym and bagels at my house...plus cupcakes...No shame!

Things I do not understand:
    - Why people create new features in their yards or do major work on their homes that they are in no way qualified to do. It doesn't actually save you money because when you fail it just costs more for professionals who know what they are doing to come in and clean up your mess. (Back story: My DH and I have a pond in our backyard that was a total DIY project by the last owner and SURPRISE he put in a completely inappropriate pump that would never keep it filtered and clean. Bottom line it would costs thousands to get the pond in workable shape so we're ripping it out.)

- Why it takes me an hour and a half every day to get 30 miles to work.
    SO MUCH THIS! I live 48km from work. It can take up to 45 minutes to go the 12km from school to the highway, then 20 minutes for the last 36km on the highways.
    What area do you live in? I live in the very congested Bay Area.
  • Options
    I will never understand why some people feel the need to pull their car all the way to the left side of the road to make a right turn or all the way to the right to make a left turn.

I will also never understand how the women in my building can leave so much damn toilet paper all over the floor in one afternoon. What are they doing, coming in and having a party in there??
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I will never understand how a movie can classify itself as feel good when you know someone is going to die. That isn't feel good. That is depressing.

@inkdancer I hate thongs too.
  • Options
    @reginaphalange1 commando usually works
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @beethery That makes sense. I just always feel like something is hanging out when I do that. Weird? Yes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

Boy shorts don't always show panty lines. It depends on the material.
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

I hate thongs as well, and avoid VPL by wearing boy shorts as much as I can.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Inkdancer said:

2. I hate thin straps! I'm a 32 DD and even then I need more support. But as long as the band around your girth fits properly that should help support you to an extent.

3. FI does the same thing. Drives me bananas. 

• Options
    Leggings as pants.

Why people feel the need on Facebook to insert themselves into any and every accent. You weren't invited to my wedding, your mother who I work with wasn't invited, why the Fuck do you feel the need to comment on MY HUSBAND'S COWORKERS PHOTO OF OUR DALEK CAKE TOPPERS? Especially as it wasn't a oh that's cool. It was a " I don't get what's going on here?" You don't have to get what's going on, as you are not involved.

Sorry. Needed to vent.

Oh. And a family member posted a picture of her 10 months old tan lines, and everyone was commenting how cute they were. Yeah, skin cancer is fucking adorable.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

Recs for good boyshorts that don't show VPL? I've got a bunch of maxi dresses and skirts that fit closer to my body and I don't always want to wear a thong. Problem is that I can't find any good boyshorts that don't give me VPL.
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    I will never understand how a movie can classify itself as feel good when you know someone is going to die. That isn't feel good. That is depressing.

@inkdancer I hate thongs too.
    Both of these. I only wear thongs for sexy time and then I don't wear them very long.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

Wear undergarments that don't cause them, and clothes that fit properly and don't mold to me like a sausage skin.
    eyeroll
  • Options

Inkdancer said:

Recs for good boyshorts that don't show VPL? I've got a bunch of maxi dresses and skirts that fit closer to my body and I don't always want to wear a thong. Problem is that I can't find any good boyshorts that don't give me VPL.

Get thee a slip. Mother fucking lifesaver right there.

Anniversary
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Inkdancer said:

VS has a no-show sexy bikini panty that is AMAZING. I wear them all the time, and they are way more comfortable than boyshorts. 
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Inkdancer said:

Get thee a slip. Mother fucking lifesaver right there.
    I am wearing Hanes today and they did not show through my dress. They are a little looser around the bottom than most boyshorts- no elastic in the leg holes- so they don't make lines on your butt.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I have a few pairs from Frederick's that I bought a couple of years ago, but I have no idea what style they are. I have a few that are from Jockey that I love, too. I haven't got much of a butt to speak of, so the boy shorts fit me a lot better than anything else.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    mosquitos-how does it happen that there are none one day, it rains, and then there are mosquitos the size of helicopters the next day? And of course, happens while I'm working in the bush miles from any washroom! I hate getting mosquito bites on my lady bits! :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards