Chit Chat
Options

Clinking glasses for couple to kiss

edited May 2014 in Chit Chat
Does anyone else fucking hate this? I keep joking to FI that I'm going to carry around a bag of marbles and whoever clinks a glass is getting one chucked at their head. I don't want to do it. If this happens at our wedding (I totally have aunts that will do this. I know it), can I just pretend I don't hear it? Maybe instead I can smack FI on the tush each time and people will get the hint. 

Re: Clinking glasses for couple to kiss

• Options
    I'm planning to ignore it if anyone does it at my wedding, but I'm also having my reception at a restaurant which will be open to the public (reserving the upstairs room) and I'm thinking my family will be classy enough to not be obnoxious.
  • Options
    We plan to ignore it when it happens. Just not our thing.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Me! So stupid and annoying. I might have to steal your marble idea.
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I don't hate it once. 

After that, I get the urge to exchange those marbles you were talking about for bricks and throw. 
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I hate this, too. My ex-H and I went along with it at my first wedding and it was really annoying. There isn't a chance in hell I'm doing it this time. I'm just going to ignore it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It drives me nuts...especially when it's every. five.minutes.   No friggin wonder they say you don't get to eat much.
  • Options
    We let it happen once.  It was cute that. one. time.  When people tried it a second time, and purposefully caught DH and me with our mouths full, we rubbed noses instead of kissing.  It didn't happen again, and I think the second time our not rising to the occasion was a subtle way of reminding people that PDA is not our thing.

I'm all for pretending it's not happening, but I'd also throw in a pitch for non-kisses a time or two - high five, fistbump, something that gives the message that you aren't going to give in to the clinking.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I'll be okay with it the first time it happens but if someone does it a second time, that shit's getting ignored. Love the marble idea!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I hate it. It happened once after we were announced and before the toasts. That was it. My family is not into it over all. Basically there's one random guest who does it and then we move on the important stuff like eating and drinking and dancing and having actual fun.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Uhhg. Like others, I didn't mind the first two times, after that it's like really? Do yall want us to make out in front of you while were at it? I am trying to stuff my face here!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I like the high five idea :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    JaxInBlue said:
    We let it happen once.  It was cute that. one. time.  When people tried it a second time, and purposefully caught DH and me with our mouths full, we rubbed noses instead of kissing.  It didn't happen again, and I think the second time our not rising to the occasion was a subtle way of reminding people that PDA is not our thing.

I'm all for pretending it's not happening, but I'd also throw in a pitch for non-kisses a time or two - high five, fistbump, something that gives the message that you aren't going to give in to the clinking.
    Stealing the high five and fistbump things. Totally doing that instead of kissing upon clinkage.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Yeah not a fan.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I find it annoying too I may have to steal the marble idea from you!

Anniversary

• Options
    If it happens more than once, I will start licking FI's face as awkwardly as possible, while making eye contact with the offending clink-er. Should work, right?
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    KGold80 said:
    MagicInk said:
    You could always go the pinterest route with a classy poem:
    "Don't click your glass,
    or I'll beat your ass."
    Do we put that on burlap or on a chalkboard?
    Why choose when you can frame the chalkboard with burlap!!!
  • Options
    KGold80 said:
    MagicInk said:
    "Don't click your glass,
    or I'll beat your ass."
    Ok cool...now, should I put it next to the cash bar or the wishing well???
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    KGold80 said:
    MagicInk said:
    "Don't click your glass,
    or I'll beat your ass."
    I'd place it next to the money tree.
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    edited May 2014
    KGold80 said:
    MagicInk said:
    "Don't click your glass,
    or I'll beat your ass."
    I'd place it next to the money tree.
    Shit no. The bride wears it around her neck so people are sure to see it and then they can pin money to it during the dollar dance. It's all about being economical and letting things serve double duty. Burlap is GREAT for pinning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I don't mind it as long as it isn't constant. Who came up with this idea, anyway? If it does get obnoxious we'll steal the high five idea. We'll just high five while continuing to stuff our faces. I am going to eat all the things, dammit!
  • Options
    Eh, it is annoying but once or twice is okay with me. It doesn't really bother me, but does make me roll my eyes if it happens over and over again.
  • Options
    WHAT!?!? This is perfies! You could chuck the pillow at people too. 

• Options
    Of course I hate it. I hate most everything. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    My partner wants to make silly "So you're going to sit through a wedding" programs for the wedding, and if we do, it'll say something along the lines of:

Will you kiss if I clink my glass?

We will not. J doesn't care for the tradition, and phira wasn't even aware that it was a thing. We're sure we'll kiss plenty!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards