Wedding Etiquette Forum

Elopement étiquette

2»

Re: Elopement étiquette

• gla2492gggla2492gg member
    First Comment
    edited May 2014

Mom of daughter that just eloped

• HisGirlFriday13 I do not think her husband knows that she posted the photos on Facebook.

Then that's between them. If she wants you to throw a party (and you agree to it) then fine, what she discusses with her husband is not your concern. Let her be an adult and deal with the consequences if he didn't...it's not your business

• Thank you very much!

• Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

• scribe95 said:
    And no registering for gifts!

*SITMFB*

You shouldn't register at all? I get that by choosing to elope you can't "expect" gifts (not that you should, but you know what I mean), but I imagine that some people would still want to give the newlyweds something. Is it that wrong to register so you can point people in the right direction, and give out the registry info only if they ask?
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• scribe95 said:

*SITMFB*

You shouldn't register at all? I get that by choosing to elope you can't "expect" gifts (not that you should, but you know what I mean), but I imagine that some people would still want to give the newlyweds something. Is it that wrong to register so you can point people in the right direction, and give out the registry info only if they ask?
    You register for wedding gifts. The wedding has come and gone, and they did not invite any guests. To register or expect gifts would be greedy at this point. Any gift they receive (a big IF) should be graciously accepted.
  • Blue_Bird said:
    scribe95 said:

*SITMFB*

You register for wedding gifts. The wedding has come and gone, and they did not invite any guests. To register or expect gifts would be greedy at this point. Any gift they receive (a big IF) should be graciously accepted.
    Fair enough, and good points. As a newly-eloped wife, I wouldn't expect gifts, but as a friend of the newly married couple I'd totally want to get them a gift to celebrate! I get why registering is in poor taste, though.
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• You really shouldn't delete.Your posts might be able to answer questions that another person has.
  • Everything you said that had any substance to it was quoted. Deleting just makes it look like you threw a hissy fit and left.

Anniversary
  • kitsunegari89kitsunegari89 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    is this real life? Who deletes all their posts? The sig just makes it more hysterical. I am dead bye forever.
    My colors are "blood of my enemies" and "rage".

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3h1kr8sYk1qzve89.gif
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    is this real life? Who deletes all their posts? The sig just makes it more hysterical. I am dead bye forever.
    YUP.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Why was the post deleted? All i keep seeing "Mom of daughter that just eloped"

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited June 2014
    I have a feeling that Mom was worried that her daughter might see her posts, some of which were judgmental.  Since they were quoted, that could still happen, though.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • phiraphira member
    AlexisA01 said:
    Why was the post deleted? All i keep seeing "Mom of daughter that just eloped"
    Signature.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards