Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday!

Re: Monday!

• Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    blabla89 said:
    So apparently lots of us got manis this weekend. I think we need to AW our pretty nails, what do y'all say?
    Mine don't look too pretty. I was trying to find a nail color that would go with my dress without being French tips or really bold (I have clubbed thumbs and short nail beds and don't want to draw attention to that). So I've got this really disappointing gray polish, and my nails were cut way too short.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @blabla89 I'm game! It's the first time I've gotten a gel mani, and they're pretty amazing. Seriously in shock they haven't chipped yet.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    TwoDimes said:
    Pssht. I'll AW my manicure even though it's over a week old. I love gel polish! Regular polish chips within 48 hours for me.

I don't even bother with regular polish. I've tried every trick in the book, and it just does NOT stick to my nails. Gel is really the only way to go for me!

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    Yeah, I'm definitely a gel mani convert now. It's amazing!

• Options
    Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    @severmilli12 - I love going to the Zoo!!

@blabla89 - Aw man, that stinks that your engagement pics didn't go so well.  Too bad you weren't able to go indoors or something.

@Swazzle - Sooooo, when are you going to have kids??  <sorry, I couldn't help myself!!! Please don't hurt me>

@Peaseblossom55 - 12 Days!!!!

@Blackbird230 - I don't know Bo, but I love him!

@Carliealissa - yay for getting wedding stuff taken care of

@weewittlewizabeth - I can't wait to see Maleficent - I'm a little jealous

--

Wed - I had my manicure done.  I got this 'marine blue' color that I'm really liking!!  I might take a picture later and post it.  I just thought I'd post on Wed because everybody else was talkin' about their manicures and I felt left out.

Friday - Went to dinner with FI.  I don't remember what we did when we got home.  I started my on call rotation - oooh that's what I did, I got called and had to field questions.  

Saturday - FI went to a bachelors party for a friend of his getting married in 2 weeks.  I stayed home and did support calls.  I so wanted to clean up around the house, but work stuff kept me too busy.  I did catch up on some TV though.

Sunday - Went to Target to pick up some odds-and-ends, went to TJ Maxx to look at dresses (they didn't have anything in my size!), went to Dressbarn next (all the dresses were too informal or too formal for what I was looking for, ERR where the heck do I find a dress that's exactly what I need.  Modcloth has nothing that I'm interested in either), went to Bed Bath and Beyond - I jokingly tried on this hot pink hat and I actually loved it but decided I didn't NEED it; went to Menchies (fro-yo) - then home.  It sounds like it took a lot longer than it did, we were only gone for like 2 hours.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention, my teammate got fired on Friday, so I might not be around as much as I'd like :-( 

Anniversary
  • Options
    The ONLY nail polish I've been able to find that actually lasts more than week without chipping is by Rimmel London.
    Anniversary

• Options

Hellooooo! Monday can bite me!

@peaseblossom55 12 days! That is so awesome!!!

@Blackbird230 awww Bo is such a handsome boy, I'm glad you were able to ride him this weekend :)

@Swazzle that is a load of horseshit. I would not have been able to contain a snarky response. What an asshat.

@GoldenPenguin I want those shoes! I've been looking for a pair of neutral wedges that won't break my ankles. Where did you find those?

My weekend was reasonably good! Friday night FI and I had a date night, grabbed dinner and went to see A Million Ways to Die in the West. I thought it was hilarious, as did the group of high teenagers at the back of the theatre!

Saturday FI went golfing and I took care of the mountain of laundry at my apartment. I  now have all of the clean clothes AND actually put them all away this time. Victory! Saturday afternoon we met his cousin at a park since FI wanted some pictures of us...I hate having my picture taken so I figure it was good practice. We haven't seen anything back from his cousin yet, but hopefully soon. Then we had to go to one of the restaurants that his family's company built since FI and his dad had to try and fix an awning. I got to sit in the sun and have a drink and flip through a wedding magazine so I was exceptionally happy! I cannot remember what I did Saturday night.

Sunday we went to church, hung out and looked at wedding venues Sunday afternoon, and then had my parents over to his parents place last night for them to finally meet. It went really well and now I'm scared that our mom's got along TOO well and will drive us crazy together!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - TARGET!! I've been dying to find a cute pair of wedges that weren't super ridiculously tall, and these are PERFECT. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    TwoDimes said:
    Pssht. I'll AW my manicure even though it's over a week old. I love gel polish! Regular polish chips within 48 hours for me.

I don't even bother with regular polish. I've tried every trick in the book, and it just does NOT stick to my nails. Gel is really the only way to go for me!
    Girl me too.

Pretty pink nails, yay! Also showing off my new sippy cup because I'm kind of obsessed with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @blabla89 - Love the nails AND the sippy cup!!

Isn't it awesome to see how much prettier everything is when held by a hand with a ring on it?? ;) 

• Options
    Mine is Chili Pepper by Essie (gel). 

• Options
    I love gel mani's they're pretty expensive but so worth it.

Anniversary

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin yep! I was just ogling your ring pic - so pretty and PINK! Also I thought of you this weekend when I said "sparklepony" in a conversation with FI and he was like, WTF does that even mean? Ha!

@blackbird230 I don't know how I missed that picture earlier, but you are really pretty and it's so cool that you have a horse. I'm mega jealous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    phiraphira member
    @twodimes Orange chicken! Cubed some chicken, put them in with soy sauce, orange juice, and garlic (powder because we were out of real garlic), and cooked for about 3 hours on high. We added some cornstarch to thicken the sauce, but it wasn't very effective. It was yummy though.

@blabla89 @goldenpenguin (and Dimes) I'm in the same boat. When I do my own nails, they usually chip within 24 hours, and if I do a lot of dish washing or take a shower, my polish starts to peel. A manicure usually keeps that from happening for a bit longer, since they really clean and buff your nails first. I'd like to try gel for my wedding nails, so I can get them done in advance, but I'm not sure the nail salon has a good silver/pewter gel polish.

OKAY I'LL share *weeps openly at stupid-looking hands* Why did she cut them so short! My thumbnails look awful (hard to see in the pic)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @goldenpenguin, funny, I can't live without the Naked palette but I can never bring myself to pay for manicures :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @phira Don't most salons let you bring in your own polish? Or am I crazy? Also, love the color! I thought about getting a neutral but decided to go summery instead. I love how sleek neutral/nude nails look though. 

• Options
    Here's my blue nails since we're all sharing

Anniversary
  • Options
    Monday can bite me.

Friday night bf and I, along with our office manager, the old GM and his wife went out on GMs boat to the beach for dinner. Then we left bf at the restaurant to try and beat the rain home. Then I drove back and picked him up. He was NOT missing the hockey game. Gosh it's a good thing he's cute.

Saturday bf and I ran a ton of errands. Took him to the eye dr who bitched at him for sleeping in his contacts and going so long in between switching. She also told him he is a poor candidate for LASIK, on top of telling him he has horrible vision... He is at 5.... Needless to say, he was mopey as fuck afterwards.

Then he got a haircut and we signed up for a costco membership.

Office manager came over for dinner, then we went to a ball game that ended up getting rained out.

Sunday I woke up sick, so I did laundry and slept on the couch most of the day. I tried REALLY hard to stay awake for Game 7, but NyQuil knocked my ass out by the second period

@Swazzle‌ what a douche!!!

@TwoDimes‌ wtf am I supposed to watch now??! I need something! No hockey, no football??? Uuuugh!!!!

I really just want to go home and sleep, not deal with last day of the month closing bullshit.
  • Options
    phira said:
    @twodimes Orange chicken! Cubed some chicken, put them in with soy sauce, orange juice, and garlic (powder because we were out of real garlic), and cooked for about 3 hours on high. We added some cornstarch to thicken the sauce, but it wasn't very effective. It was yummy though.

@blabla89 @goldenpenguin (and Dimes) I'm in the same boat. When I do my own nails, they usually chip within 24 hours, and if I do a lot of dish washing or take a shower, my polish starts to peel. A manicure usually keeps that from happening for a bit longer, since they really clean and buff your nails first. I'd like to try gel for my wedding nails, so I can get them done in advance, but I'm not sure the nail salon has a good silver/pewter gel polish.

OKAY I'LL share *weeps openly at stupid-looking hands* Why did she cut them so short! My thumbnails look awful (hard to see in the pic)
    Scope it out in advance! The place I usually go has them all painted on fake nails (it's hard to explain) so you can see them. Go into a couple different places & ask to see what colors they have. Both the place I went yesterday, and my usual place have some really nice silver/pewter colors! 

• Options
    I love gel mani's they're pretty expensive but so worth it.
    They aren't super expensive here - my usual place is $25, and they last for a good two weeks. Since my nails absolutely refuse to hold regular polish, they're worth it for me! 

• Options
    @irishdreamer- Oh!  Please tell BF to be careful with the contacts, honestly... I actually developed an allergy to contact lenses a couple years ago and could never wear them again!  They gave me hives inside my eyelids- it was like having constant pink eye- and they told me the biggest cause for this is wearing them too long/not changing them out enough.  I got LASIK shortly after that.  Being preachy I know, but honestly it was horrible and I wouldn't want it to happen to him!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

SO was sick on Saturday, and he also worked overnight Friday night, so he slept and was ill most of the day.  I got some work done, which I desperately needed to do!  I also got the poop picked up in the yard so my roomie could mow the lawn Sunday... which is quite a task in the summer when the grass starts growing so fast!

Sunday we had planned to go back to this walkway event where they were trying to break the world record for most handshakes in one place, which is where we went on our first/second date (we debate the definition of date) last year.

We got there much too early and there was a lot of waiting around, although we got to stand at cone 23 since we had our pick at that hour!   Unfortunately after about an hour and a half or so, my ex walked by with his new GF, and since I knew he had to walk back past us again, it was distracting and annoying.  We stopped speaking on bad terms about a year ago, so although I didn't think he would try to speak to me, I was still uncomfortable.  He passed again a little while later and then it was fine because we finally started lining up for the event part so I didn't think he would be back. 

Afterwards we went out to the same diner for lunch that we went to afterwards last year.

I invited my parents over for dinner yesterday, and I intended to make something really easy like pasta, my mom requested a more complicated dish.  So I had to go food shopping and then come home and clean up the house, hang some new "art" I just bought for the living room, and start cooking.  Even so I ended up serving dinner more than 30 minutes late!

I had said to SO that maybe we could just discuss our engagement plans with both my parents when they came over, since he still wanted to talk to them beforehand, and then my dad didn't bother to come over!  Somehow the topic did come up generally though, and my mom nixed SO's idea for a star wars theme wedding :-P 

BTW, I have never even seen Star Wars!

We realized later in the night that SO got a good sunburn at the event.  So we just wanted to watch the final episode of  The I.T. Crowd before bed, but it was on regular hulu, so it took well over an hour to get the computer all set up to feed to the tv, and he ended up having to go back to his apartment to get his laptop so we could actually watch it!  I miss Hulu Plus!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin $25? That's awesome! Mine were $37. :-\ My cousin got a gel pedi, and it was like $90 total for the both of us. Our jaws dropped.

• Options
    @Phira I don't think they look stupid - I really like that neutral color.

My polish always peels and my nails break easily, so I've invested in a couple pairs of rubber gloves for cleaning and washing the dishes. It has been nothing short of life changing and I highly recommend it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @blabla89 It's funny you mention that... I'm actually going to the grocery store later to pick up some rubber gloves for cleaning. 

Also, for brittle nails, I recommend taking Biotin. I take it daily, and my nails grow quickly and are really strong. 

• Options
    Awwwww what a cute puppy! Love the name too!

• Options
    PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 YAYYYY PUPPY! He is so stinkin cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    phiraphira member
    @weewittlewizabeth I might look into that! I'm sure they'd let me bring my own polish.

@southernpeach89 PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY

PUPPY!!!!!!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards