• Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Music

Processional Song

7651arty7651arty member
10 Comments 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited June 2014 in Music
Ladies, I need help! We have nearly every aspect of our Oct wedding nailed down, except for the bridal processional song. FI and I can't decide. I want the song to be sweet and slow, and lyrics are a must! I love Marry Me by Train, but the last two brides I've seen have walked to that song. For the same reason, don't want to use A Thousand Years, All of Me, or any of the other songs that "everyone" seems to be using right now. So far, the following have been vetoed- I won't give up, Jason Mraz Not Fire Not Ice, Busby Marou Your Everything, Keith Urban Memories of Us, Keith Urban Me and You, Kenny Chesney Any ideas...anyone?

Re: Processional Song

• donethatdonethat member
    Knottie Warrior 500 Comments 100 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    You'll find the perfect song! 
    Two comments - 
    1) If you don't want "currently often used" (Marry Me or A Thousand Years for example), you may want to consider going a little bit older. 

2) You may want to consider an instrumental just because you don't know exactly how long your walk down the aisle will take, and with an instrumental you don't have to cut our or fade out any lyrics. Anyhoo - here are a few beautiful "lyrical" ideas for you to think about 

So Are You to Me by eastmountainsouth When You Know by Shawn Colvin Question by Old 97s (just do the step-touch-slow-down-walk and you should be fine ha ha )
    The Luckiest   by Ben Folds

• Chantal - Feels Like Home
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    May14TXbridekbiagio
  • I like @donethat's suggestion of instrumental.  It makes the timing more flexible.  Also, it allows you to soak up the moment and the focus to be on the processional, not the words.
  • Thanks guys :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards