Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

My surprising reaction to a cash bar

1235»

Re: My surprising reaction to a cash bar

• Options
    Having a cash bar is simply saying "we're not having alcohol".  If you choose to drink, it is on you. 
  • Options
    Having a cash bar is simply saying "we're not having alcohol".  If you choose to drink, it is on you. 
    NOOOOOO.  Did you read anything?

Saying "We're not having alcohol" is just a dry wedding.  Which is fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options

NO.  Having a cash bar is simply saying "We care about having alcohol but not about properly budgeting and hosting so our guests don't have to pay for it because they should never have to open their wallets at an event they were invited to."
  • Options

WTF? How is that saying you're not having alcohol? If alcohol is available, I'd say you're having alcohol.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    No. Not having alcohol is saying "we're not having alcohol." 

Having a cash bar is saying, "Pay for our reception. We invited you. Don't care. Couldn't be bothered."

Nothing wrong with offering coffee/tea/sodas/ whatever. 
  • Options
    That makes absolutely no sense.  Cash bar = alcohol that the hosts aren't paying for and are instead rudely passing along to their guests to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards