September 2014 Weddings

Dress fitting

When are you starting your dress fittings?

I'm a Sept. 27th BTB and the lady I'm using set my appointment for Aug. 9th, and said it would take her 4-6 weeks.

Re: Dress fitting

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas Indianapolis, IN member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    I'm getting married September 6th and will have my first fitting the first weekend in August.  The lady who is altering my dress said mine should take 2 weeks.
    Anniversary

• I bought my dress Memorial Day weekend, and it is currently being altered. Me being a weight lifter, I can control my diet and make sure I stay the same size under my Sept 6th wedding. so it's no big deal to me. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jenna8984jenna8984 clam bakes & patriots member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    Wedding is Sept. 13 and they made my appointments for July 12th and Aug 16th. I need very minimal work done (bustle, bra cups) so I doubt I'll need anything changed when it try it in Aug 16th. 

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    100 Comments 25 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I'm a Sept. 26th bride & tried my dress on for the first time yesterday. Just tried it on with all my accessories, not a fitting. They suggested I have my 1st fitting no later than August 1st. I told them I was thinking the end of July, they said even better. It will likely need significant alterations, since I'm about 2 dress sizes smaller since I ordered it in November.
    [Deleted User]
  • I am September 5th - Already had my first fitting. The average they say is 4-6 weeks prior to your wedding. Some places can do the alterations sooner rather than later
  • I am September 13th. Had my first fitting for length already and am going back the first week of August to make sure everything else fits. It fit like a glove for my first fitting, so maybe hoping it needs to be taken in for August!
  • Wedding is also September 13th.  Will have my first fitting July 10th and will see what the next appointment will be at that time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just had my first fitting yesterday. It fit perfectly, and the seamstress actually reccommended that no alterations were needed. I go back August 6th to recheck everything then. Now to stay the same size for two months...
    Kauris
  • kaitlynmichellekaitlynmichelle British Columbia member
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Name Dropper
    My wedding is September 23rd and my first fitting is August 22nd. I was surprised they recommended so late but I'm going to someone that runs her own private alterations in her house. She works with the salon I bought my dress from.

I'll need a bustle but I don't expect I'll need much else altered.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • A friend's mom who is an exceptional seamstress will be altering my dress. It is should be a simple matter of shortening it, as it fit perfectly everywhere else when I bought the sample. I'm not sure when I'll take it in, probably the beginning of August for our Sept 6 wedding. It should be done in about a week.
  • Wow!  My first fitting was the beginning of June for my September 21 wedding.  I go back August 5 for my second fitting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenna8984jenna8984 clam bakes & patriots member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    I had mine this past weekend for 9/13 wedding. I was surprised by the cost. All I need is the straps taken up a little, the sash sewn on (so there's no tie hanging down over my butt) and the bustle. $250. I had guesstimated $150 but not much I can do about it so whatever!

• sadly @jenna8984 as soon as its a wedding dress - the price of alterations jacks up.
  • theartistformerlyknownastheartistformerlyknownas peaced out. member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers First Anniversary
    My wedding is 9/13 and my first fitting is Thursday. Squeee!

HH2Be
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards