September 2014 Weddings

Dress fitting

When are you starting your dress fittings?

I'm a Sept. 27th BTB and the lady I'm using set my appointment for Aug. 9th, and said it would take her 4-6 weeks.

Re: Dress fitting

• I'm getting married September 6th and will have my first fitting the first weekend in August.  The lady who is altering my dress said mine should take 2 weeks.
    Anniversary

• I bought my dress Memorial Day weekend, and it is currently being altered. Me being a weight lifter, I can control my diet and make sure I stay the same size under my Sept 6th wedding. so it's no big deal to me. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wedding is Sept. 13 and they made my appointments for July 12th and Aug 16th. I need very minimal work done (bustle, bra cups) so I doubt I'll need anything changed when it try it in Aug 16th. 

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    I'm a Sept. 26th bride & tried my dress on for the first time yesterday. Just tried it on with all my accessories, not a fitting. They suggested I have my 1st fitting no later than August 1st. I told them I was thinking the end of July, they said even better. It will likely need significant alterations, since I'm about 2 dress sizes smaller since I ordered it in November.
  • I am September 5th - Already had my first fitting. The average they say is 4-6 weeks prior to your wedding. Some places can do the alterations sooner rather than later
  • I am September 13th. Had my first fitting for length already and am going back the first week of August to make sure everything else fits. It fit like a glove for my first fitting, so maybe hoping it needs to be taken in for August!
  • Wedding is also September 13th.  Will have my first fitting July 10th and will see what the next appointment will be at that time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just had my first fitting yesterday. It fit perfectly, and the seamstress actually reccommended that no alterations were needed. I go back August 6th to recheck everything then. Now to stay the same size for two months...
  • My wedding is September 23rd and my first fitting is August 22nd. I was surprised they recommended so late but I'm going to someone that runs her own private alterations in her house. She works with the salon I bought my dress from.

I'll need a bustle but I don't expect I'll need much else altered.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • A friend's mom who is an exceptional seamstress will be altering my dress. It is should be a simple matter of shortening it, as it fit perfectly everywhere else when I bought the sample. I'm not sure when I'll take it in, probably the beginning of August for our Sept 6 wedding. It should be done in about a week.
  • Wow!  My first fitting was the beginning of June for my September 21 wedding.  I go back August 5 for my second fitting.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had mine this past weekend for 9/13 wedding. I was surprised by the cost. All I need is the straps taken up a little, the sash sewn on (so there's no tie hanging down over my butt) and the bustle. $250. I had guesstimated $150 but not much I can do about it so whatever!

• sadly @jenna8984 as soon as its a wedding dress - the price of alterations jacks up.
  • My wedding is 9/13 and my first fitting is Thursday. Squeee!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards