Latino Weddings

little bride, little groom

Ok ladies so I need your help. when  i was younger in all the latino weddings besides the flower girl and ring boy there was a little bride and little groom I always was the little bride and never the flower girl (talk about jealously issues). Does anyone know why they had this tradition and if so is it still common in todays weddings.

Re: little bride, little groom

• I thought it was more of an honor to be the little bride than the flower girl. It's not common anymore
  • People don't do this anymore, but it is symbolic for a bride to pick her little bride/groom to represent children she loves and to be a guide to their lives, thus keeping the promises of raising the children/and their future children in their lives in the Catholic faith.  I think just a ring bearer and flower girl is sufficient and you could dress them as the little bride and groom if you wish.  
  • Thanks! I didn't know that was the meaning, well then I am glad I was never the flower girl. 
  • People don't do this anymore, but it is symbolic for a bride to pick her little bride/groom to represent children she loves and to be a guide to their lives, thus keeping the promises of raising the children/and their future children in their lives in the Catholic faith.  I think just a ring bearer and flower girl is sufficient and you could dress them as the little bride and groom if you wish.  

I've heard of people now dressing their flower girl and ring bearer as the little bride and little groom.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards