Wisconsin
Options

Affordable reception halls near Manitowoc?

Does anyone have any ideas of reception halls around Manitowoc County?  I feel like i've hit them all!  All the popular ones we don't want because its the usual "been there, done that" you know?  Here's what we hit up: Silver Valley, Twin Fountains, Branch river golf and tennis, cobblestone creek, holiday inn, fox hills.

I know that just about covers all!  If you have a really good or bad review on one please let me know as well because i dont want to default on a bad one!  HAving about 300 people.  Love a place in sheboygan falls but a little pricey!

Re: Affordable reception halls near Manitowoc?

• Options
    Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered Green Bay? My friend is from Manitowoc and she was going to use Fox Hills until she found out they have bed bugs. Moved her venue to the Ravine in Green Bay. Im doing Swan Club in De Pere. We are right around that amount of ppl too. Swan Club has lots of options including a dinner package with the family style chicken. Beer included in the plate per person price along with colored linens, the choice between a champagne, wine, punch, or UV and lemonde fountain an hour before dinner and Hors O'euvres. This package is $20.55 a person but with all the other stuff included it ends up being cheaper then everywhere else in the area.  http://swanclubdepere.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=73

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking All the way up to manitowoc here are some places in between that may be helpful: *IMO niceness factor. The more * the better.

****Breaking Bread, Sheboygan Clicky
    **Range Line Inn, Sheboygan Falls Clicky (where we had our reception)
    ***City Streets, Sheboygan clicky
    *Emil Maze, Sheboygan (no website, you would have to call. Phone: (920) 458-2173)
    ***Millhome, Kiel Clicky
    *Anchor Lanes, Elkhart Lake (Attached to a bowling Alley but they have AMAZING chicken. Doesn't have much on the website about the hall so you would need to call) Clicky
    **Dutches, Elkhart Lake Clicky
    ****Victorian Village, Elkhart Lake Clicky
    ***Lighthouse Inn, Manitowoc http://www.lhinn.com/

There are a lot of places to fish through, and some of these are off the map, so I hope it helps you in your search!
  • Options
    kathleenkmmkathleenkmm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Autumn Ridge? I've seen pictures from weddings there and they were gorgeous.

Lighthouse Inn in TR has a great location but the facilities leave a lot to be desired IMHO, as does Best Western. Both are on the lake but the halls aren't really anything special.

I go to a lot of events at Holiday Inn and the food has been mediocre at best so I would definitely recommend staying away from that.

There's also The Club, which is in the old Elk's Club. They have a tent for weddings and are completely renovating. I haven't been to a wedding there but ate dinner there a few weeks ago and it was great. If I'd known this was going in, I would have gotten married in Manty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, just an FYI, I guess City Streets is closing Frown so you can take that off my list of places to check into.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards