"Bless your heart."
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    I love messing up my body. Even if I edited my back in my AW dress picture because hey, my tattoo is a huge identifier. All my tattoos are important and have meaning to me. I'd get all of them again. Surgical scar changes them, I will roll with it. I'll do all my piercings again. I like the jingle at times. I like the sparkly. Two are really, really nice. For play time. I love my extreme modification of scarification. I may get another. Well done suspension work is possibly the best turn on for me. Love it. Will go every chance I get. I like my various streaks of color in my hair. I like my black or dark clothing. I am employed, in a good paying job. I own my truck flat out. I pay my bills on time and have good credit. I won't force the collective you to get tattoos, 50+ piercings, love suspending, etc. Please don't try to force me into your idea of normal and attractive. The only person who has the right to attempt to dictate my life is myself.
    I had to Google "suspending".  So, it's like having hooks in your skin and hanging from them?  I don't get it?  Is it like a "good pain" or does it feel like a good stretch or something?  ETA @PrincessOfHavoc
  • Options
    jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    I've seriously lost count of how many times the stories and/or some posters here have made me appreciate how amazing my family and FILs are.

@cmgragain just because you can't always support your children's decisions no matter if you like it or not, doesn't mean others can't. My mom actually hates piercings but she has gone with me while I've gotten some of mine done because she loves me. She has even told me that while they don't look good on others the piercings look good on me (hahaha parental bias. Gotta love it). 
  • Options
    JasperandOpalJasperandOpal member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2014
    My FI's parents love tattoos and chipped in to pay for FI's first tattoo so obviously there are parents who don't just put up with tattoos on their children but actually like them.  They don't see it as ruining anything but as a method of expression and personalization.  You don't get to pick the body you are born in but you do get to pick the way you "decorate" it.  FI's parents see his tattoos and are proud of the time and thought he puts into designing each of them and value his willingness to express himself so openly that he would put art directly on his skin and out in the open where everyone can see it.  

And as far as powdering the skin to preserve it? If I were your child I would say "Thanks for prepping the canvas"

edited grammar and spacing

• Options
    doeydo said:

I love messing up my body.

Even if I edited my back in my AW dress picture because hey, my tattoo is a huge identifier. All my tattoos are important and have meaning to me. I'd get all of them again. Surgical scar changes them, I will roll with it.

I'll do all my piercings again. I like the jingle at times. I like the sparkly. Two are really, really nice. For play time.

I love my extreme modification of scarification. I may get another.

Well done suspension work is possibly the best turn on for me. Love it. Will go every chance I get.

I like my various streaks of color in my hair.

I like my black or dark clothing.

I am employed, in a good paying job. I own my truck flat out. I pay my bills on time and have good credit.

I won't force the collective you to get tattoos, 50+ piercings, love suspending, etc. Please don't try to force me into your idea of normal and attractive. The only person who has the right to attempt to dictate my life is myself.

I had to Google "suspending".  So, it's like having hooks in your skin and hanging from them?  I don't get it?  Is it like a "good pain" or does it feel like a good stretch or something?  ETA @PrincessOfHavoc

I use the specific gear vs hooks, but yes.

Actually hanging doesn't hurt at all to me. The actual piercings and the start hurt. Not sure it's a good hurt, but worth it. Depending on the placement and balance, it can stretch my back better than anything.

It's definitely an extreme practice, and I get most people don't like or understand it. It's actually hard to really explain because it is illogical in many ways.

But, my strange love of extreme modifications don't negatively impact my employment. Or my family. Or anything other than my bank account. DF has no desire to join in, but he likes being with me when I do something odd yet again.

But, my potential kids want to try - I'm going to be there. They'll have to be 18, but that's common practice. I still do not get why I should have an issue with them getting well done, safe piercings or tattoos. If they use a piercing gun, I'll have a fit. If they do home tattoos, yup I'm having a fit. But if they go to a person with an outstanding reputation in piercing and tattooing, I'll be there if they want. Totally #sorrynotsorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards