Not Engaged Yet
Options

Moody Monday or Merry Monday?

13»

Re: Moody Monday or Merry Monday?

• Options
    @Suzie211 - Yeah for baby bump!!!  Still so excited for you guys.  When are you due again?  Do you guys have a baby room ready?  WI is good...not Chicago, but good because I now have a life outside of work.  We are closing on the home July 30th so can't wait to dive in and start renovating (1940s ranch that hasn't been updated since, well, 1940s). 
  • Options
    Mini spawn make her arrival Nov. 18th:) No baby room yet. Its killing me bc I just want to put it together. Long story short, we're moving down the street to BIL's house. He's buying a new place. So I need to wait until the move to finish the room. Yay for new house. Renovating would be my Pinterest dream:)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @Suzie211 - Ha!  That is one day before my birthday!  :)  Looking forward to you AWing pics of the baby room once you get it done!
  • Options
    I'm soooo late, but happy birthday, @TwoDimes!
  • Options
    Let's go with Meh Monday. Not awful, not wonderful. 

Friday I was sick most of the day and into the night. When I was finally able to keep food down/in, I was STARVING. FI brought me a cheeseburger and fries for dinner... oops. Not the smartest idea, but I was SO HUNGRY. I kept it in but had massive heartburn the rest of the night. We ended up going to our friends' new house for a little bit, and FI and one of our friends were play fighting, and the friend threw his phone at FI but it instead hit me square in the head. I was pretty rude and unsociable after that point. I felt a little guilty, but at the same time I was like, "Can we not act like we're 5?" I had a really bad headache after that and basically made us go home shortly thereafter.

Saturday my stomach was still a little weird (probably from the cheeseburger), so I took it easy. I ate minimally, drank lots of water, and didn't go the gym. Instead I started packing up the apartment, which was exhausting. Saturday night we went to a friend's going away dinner. It was delicious. Om nom nom. My stomach was much better by that point, and I was able to enjoy myself. After dinner we played Ticket to Ride: Europe and then came home around midnight.

Sunday I went to the bridal show with my mom and my cousin. It was fun and very productive! Afterwards I ran a few errands while FI cleaned the apartment, and then we were lazy and watched Legend of Korra and goofed off on the internet. 

Today has been interesting, I guess. I ran a few errands, got my first dose of maintenance-level allergy shots (I could feel the serum running down my veins... it was awful), went to the OB/GYN for my annual, had a very late lunch with my mom and sister, and now I'm home. Probably skipping the gym again today because my headache is back, and the apartment really needs to be packed up a bit more. 

So, overall, meh.

@TwoDimes HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@KeptInStitches Ugh, moving out of an apartment is the worst. Honestly, if it's the budget, I'd get a professional cleaning service to come in and do it. They will make it look brand new. And maybe rent a steam cleaner for the carpets.

@buddysmom80 KITTENS! OMG so cute! And your menu sounds fantastic. I'm seriously drooling on the keyboard right now.

@Hummingbird125 Wow, I'm so sorry about your dad! I can empathize. I had a very strained relationship with my father, and when he passed away, it hit me hard. It's difficult to process so many conflicting emotions about such a pivotal figure in your life. I'm glad that your FI was able to be there for you in the end, and I'm even happier that such a tough day ended on such a high note. *hugs*

@AuroraRose41 Geez, that wedding sounds pretty bad. I'm glad the reception was great once it started, but holy moly what a shit show.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228, we have to pay for professional steam cleaning anyway since FI's moving out - part of our lease terms. The hope is that we can at least do the deodorizing work ourselves, and I got some great advice today from local friends for taking out cat odors. We'll try that and if it doesn't work then we'll bring in a pro cleaning service.
  • Options
    @eilis1228, BF and I definitely learned some lessons for when we decide to get married once he proposes (which hopefully will help anyone currently planning to take into consideration, but I think you ladies are better then that ;) ). 
    Number 1: Crystal clear directions on the invitation. 
    Number 2: Water. Everywhere. For free. Especially if it's a hot day.
    Number 3: No walking more then a few hundred feet for any guest. 
    And finally, Number 4: no gaps! 

It honestly really surprised me that two of the smartest people that I know (both are Harvard graduates!) didn't really consider how rude these things would be for their guests. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards