Snarky Brides
Options

Worst wedding guests ever? ......or just way too snarky??

2»

Re: Worst wedding guests ever? ......or just way too snarky??

• Options
    Wegl13 said:
    I'm seconding everyone that says they probably didn't even think of it until the day of the wedding. This is from someone that has had to quickly find clothes for such events, including funerals, and came to find that the standby black dress is too small (wtf) or covered with mold... Hours before I have to wear it. Wearing a tight black dress makes me feel like a hooker which isn't really appropriate for such events. And honest to goodness, it is depressing as hell to be underdressed for a wedding. You are sitting there in your own unfancy judgy pants and wishing you had anything decent. Clothes ain't cheap. So I might have done the same thing even sans house fire, because I've gained weight and my clothes don't fit.
    I agree, they probably didn't realize or think about clothing until it would have been too late to do anything but bother you, so I'd let the no show part go.

However, I would be irritated that they haven't mentioned anything to your H after so I'd be venting in your shoes too.  I mean how hard is it to say "I'm sorry we weren't able to make it."?
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    If I were that guest I would want to give the couple money for my plate. That's such a dumb reason to miss the wedding. I would be way too embarrassed. That excuse is pretty bullshit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    And regardless of your opinion of their excuse this hardly makes them the worst wedding guest ever. No shows happens, it's not even an unique situation.  I'm sure people have way worse stories of things guests have done at weddings.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maryrei23maryrei23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2014
    Would you rather have guests that are no-shows or guests like this?  They all seem terrible to me!

• Options
    lurkergirllurkergirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    maryrei23 said:
    Would you rather have guests that are no-shows or guests like this?  They all seem terrible to me!

@beethery this chick is spamming all over snark tonight

• Options
    Honestly? Worst wedding guests ever? They had a house fire and what you feel to be a poor excuse for not attending. And that's fine. But they didn't like - shit talk your marriage, or destroy your hall, trip your flower girl, harass your mother in law or something that will have a long term lasting relationship issue. They didn't show up, that's it. While we hate it as brides, it happens. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass - but these people are no where near the worst wedding guests ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards