Chit Chat

As it turns out, I'm no Annabelle.

So crabby. Was trying to make a little stuffed elephant for FI's cousin's baby shower, but the pattern was in Japanese. Thought I had it pretty well figured out...did a decent job with the head/ears but when it came time to stitch up his belly, I realized there was supposed to be a gusset. Shit. Cut a new piece, tried to stitch it into my half- turned and stuffed elephant...and did the fucking seam on the wrong side. Fucking fuck. Can't find my stitch ripper. Threw the limp, inside out baby elephant across the room. :( I need soothing mom noises.

ohannabelle

Re: As it turns out, I'm no Annabelle.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    theartistformerlyknownaschibiyuiwandajune6
  • So, breath, have  a drink.  Come back to the elephant in a while.  Also may a say that you have far more patience than I because I would have never even thought of making a stuffed animal, I'm all for the buy route.  Major kudos on doing something so awesome!  It will have way more meaning because you made it, and especially because you had such a hard time making.  Think 5 years down the road when cousin's baby still has elephant and takes it with them everywhere.  Way worth the effort and the time, and it will make it that much more special for you when you see them with it.

=)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

theexactlee
  • ^^What she said. I'll do the soothing mom thing and rub your back and such but I still think you are a better man than I in the first place. You are a great friend. She owes you a drink. ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here are assorted soothing mom noises. Choose whichever work:

Oh, sweetie. I'd be pissed, too. 

I bet he's an adorable elephant anyway.

I've probably picked out as many stitches as I've left in. (And hated it.)

Leave it alone, have a glass nice glass of wine, and deal with it tomorrow.

(And my favorite, courtesy of my Mom, the Grand Supreme Poohbah of All Moms)
    Who cares? You're beautiful and bright and funny and wonderful and talented. So occasionally, you have to do something wrong, just so the rest of us can stand you. 
    Thanks SisterMom.

His face is pretty cute, even though I kinda botched one of the seams on the back of his head. And I checked the dang pattern again... even though all the rest of it is in Japanese (or something), all the other pieces CLEARLY said x2 or x4 and the gusset for his head did NOT call to be cut again for his belly. So the pattern is wrong, because if I sewed his legs together under his belly it would look like he has to pee really bad. I'd only made 2-dimensional animals before. :-/

• What color is he?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    There, there. (That's me, comforting you.)

At least you can sew something besides buttons!
    cupcait927ohannabelle
  • Go to  your happy place STAT!  I assume there's wine there, and a beach!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I would like a turtle stuffy, please. Thanks so much! ;)
  • kasmith1 said:
    Turtle was next on my list to try!

Kauris
  • Larry his body is blue and white polka dot fleece, and his ears are pink fuzzies. These are the lovies I made for all the new babies last Christmas. :) From what I've heard, the giraffe was a big hit with baby Margaret.
    Those are frikking adorable! 
    (Also, I hate hate hate patterns in foreign languages. They make me crazy.)
  • Love the giraffe! I think I may have to steal that idea for my niece... :)
  • Larry his body is blue and white polka dot fleece, and his ears are pink fuzzies. These are the lovies I made for all the new babies last Christmas. :) From what I've heard, the giraffe was a big hit with baby Margaret.

These are seriously the cutest things ever! Can I have one?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kasmith1 said:
    I call a sloth! :P
    Anniversary

Kauristheartistformerlyknownas
    You could totally make me a lovey. Just saying. :D
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards