Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shoe rant, & what's a comfy brand?

I'm not much of a brand person, and I never spend the money on designer labels, but I decided the one splurge for my wedding would be a pair of Badgley Mischka high heels. When else am I ever going to buy something like that? I wanted shoes that were really girly and pretty but also comfortable since I'm not much of a high heel person (but I didn't want flats because my FI is 6'3" and I'm 5'1"). After 6 months of relentless searching, talking myself out of them because of the cost, and then talking myself back into them because everything else for our wedding has been coming in under budget and I haven't splurged on anything, I finally found the most amazing, perfect pair I've ever seen. They arrived yesterday and I ripped the box open like a little kid on Christmas. Could not put them on fast enough. And then I almost cried I was so disappointed. For designer shoes that cost nearly $300, you'd think they'd be just a tiny bit comfortable. I have several pairs of comfy heels that I can wear for hours. But these were not one of those pairs. They are seriously the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever put on. I could not even walk down the hallway of my house. I'm sending them back, but I still keep staring at them and feeling like crap because my dream shoes suck.  
I just ordered a pair of Betsy Johnson shoes from her "Blue" line because a lot of reviewers said they were extremely comfortable to walk in, so hopefully I won't be returning those. Again, I've never been into brand names, but I just want the stupid shoes to be special and beautiful and something I can splurge on just for me, since I don't typically do that. Has anyone else bought a pair of super comfy, pretty heels? What's a good brand? If the Betsy Johnson pair doesn't work, I will be at a loss.  

Re: Shoe rant, & what's a comfy brand?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards