Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Two weeks and still can't decide on Processional Music?

I still haven't decided on what music to use for the processional and I'm two weeks out from the wedding. I hadn't realized there was so much in the processional and had been thinking about just having one song or maybe two but now I have no idea. There are soo many different options out there and I have no clue what to even look at/consider.

Anyone have any suggestions for what they've done? I don't even have a starting reference point honestly and I'm getting nervous and overwhelmed with options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Two weeks and still can't decide on Processional Music?

• Are you having recorded music, or are you having live musicians?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Recorded music

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We had an acoustic version of Here Comes the Sun for the WP and a classic guitar version of canon in D for me. 

You can download these on iTunes and just have your music person get queued by your officiant. If you're having a rehearsal, they can talk about this.
    *********************************************************************************

• Look up The Piano Guys. They have lots of good stuff! 
  • Cool. Thanks for the suggestions guys! My FI and I are hoping to get those decisions made tonight/tomorrow. I'll let you know what we decide.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I know that I walked down to Canon in D but I can't recall the other music.  And the only reason I know that I walked to Canon in D was not because I remember it playing (I don't recall any music being played but there must have been something playing in the background) but because that is what I had wanted to walk down to since I was little.

If you and your FI aren't particular and you really have no idea what to pick, the classics are classics for a reason.  Also, talk to your DJ (if you are having one) and see what they may suggest.

• @Maggie0829 I've always wanted to walk down the aisle to Cannon in D as well! 
  • We had a guitarist play Canon in D for our processional, and it was beautiful.
  • StitelMEStitelME member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

Hi everyone - so I actually just heard a beautiful cover by the Piano Guys of "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri and I think I might actually walk down the aisle to that. The original song with lyrics was in serious consideration for our first dance song because of how beautiful it was so I think I would like to walk to it. Thoughts?

Additionally, per Youtube/iTunes, the song is roughly 4:20-4:30 long. I'm assuming that's not long enough to accommodate my walk and the walk of my MoH, three bridesmaids and a Flower Girl? So I would need a second song for them?

ETA: Yay spelling!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi, I think the timing may be enough or even more than enough. It all depends on how long the aisle is and how long each person takes walking it. I play piano for wedding ceremonies and have had different experiences where it only took a couple minutes, and the last wedding I played for took longer than anticipated because they were waiting for the white floor drape placement after the bridesmaids finished. You can see videos on my websites as an example. In another case the bride liked the music and wanted me to play a full 2 min of it even though only half a minute was needed. If the song runs out, you can have it prepped to play again from the beginning and then they can fade it out when it's time to stop.

One thing you can do is practice it with a few of them to get an estimate of the time.

www.facebook.com/AnisPerformances

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards