October 2014 Weddings
Options

Music List and Honeymoon

Okay so IDK why but I am seriously stressing out over these two things hardcore!! LOL Anyone have a music playlist they would like to share or have any info on where to look for good resources for a playlist?? FH and I are considering holding off till next year for an Alaskan cruise but I have no idea where to start looking for that...anyone been on one or know of any good places to look for info on a cruise there?? Thanks for all the help ladies!!

Re: Music List and Honeymoon

• Options
    My FI and I are meeting with an AAA travel agent to book our honeymoon.  I have no patience or motivation at this point in the planning process to research trips on my own.  I've been researching and planning everything alone, and my poor brain is just done. haha  We're going on our honeymoon next year, as I'm a teacher and we decided to get married in the middle of the school year.  (WHY did I do that to myself?!).  I'd recommend using an agent simply because they can help you score deals and activities that you may have been unaware of, and they can plan a honeymoon unique to your style!

In regards to your music playlist, are you having a DJ or are you playing your own music from an Ipod?  If it's the DJ thing, our DJ told us just to tell him artists and genres we liked.  After a few minutes of chatting, he definitely understood our music preferences and knew what to play for our guests.  We only selected the special dances and event songs as well as a do-not-play list.  If you are playing your own music, my advice is to include a forum on your wedding website (or Facebook, or word-of-mouth) asking for requests.  We did this and got a ton of song ideas, which also helped our DJ to figure out what to play.  Now, our guests will be jazzed to hear their song play, and our DJ will be sure to have everything ready instead of having to download on the spot or not having their songs!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    We're trying to work on our music list too. Okay. I'm trying to work on it, because my fiance told me the music is my problem because he has no plans of dancing. Part of me wishes we would have sprung for a DJ or something so I didn't have to think so hard. I have like 10 songs. That's it.
  • Options
    We need to work on our music list! We have a few songs picked out (first dance, father daughter dance). Honeymoon is being held off till next spring. I started a new job in March and have no PTO. Even before I started we talked about waiting on our honeymoon due to finances. One less thing to worry about for now.

• Options
    You could buy a subscription to Pandora (to avoid ads), load your favorite artists, and do a shuffle of them all!  I think this would be a great option for reception music if there is no dancing involved.

For the honeymoon, I would wait until the wedding is over to start planning it if you are going to wait until next year to go.  It would take the stress off of you until later and you really don't need to book them until about 6 months ahead of time.  I would recommend using a local travel agency.  Find a travel agency that specializes in the trip you want to go on and make sure they have actually been to the places!  That's the best way for them to advise you on where to go and what to do!
  • Options
    I made my own playlist on iTunes...I have a lot of music to pull from. I also made sure to include some artists/bands that we associate with each of our close family members, as in, we know they love this band, so we'll make sure we include a song by them in the mix. The Doors for my dad, Neil Diamond for my mom, etc. I have about 4 hours of music set to go. I may include more, but FI wants to at least look at the playlist to make sure he likes the choices as well. I have many that aren't that special to us, but are just nice sounding for background music purposes. We're not having dancing so most are slow or moderate songs. He heard a song that I guess reminded him of his brother and texted me to include it. I like to use Shazam on my phone when I hear a song on the radio that I'd like to include on my playlist...I use it as sort of a Pinterest for saving songs so I remember to go on iTunes and buy them, or hell, even if I already have them, it's just a good list to refer back to, that I Shazamed that song for a reason.
  • Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    We really wanted to do an Alaska cruise too! But October is too late in the season and the latest one was September. :( So we might do an early anniversary trip next year. :)

I'm in the process of making my own playlist on iTunes, here are some recent topics in which we discuss it:

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

In that case, here is the list I have thus far...prior to FI seeing it and probably adding or changing stuff.  Again, no dancing, so not so much focus on whether they're danceable or not. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards