Chit Chat
Options

I am not a Robot...

....I know this.  I am just analytically-minded and chock full of sensibility.

So why the efff am I tearing up over ceremony readings?  I don't wanna!

Oh gawd, am I going to be a big weepy mess when I stand up there?  I read these and I picture myself standing there and listening to my officiant and seeing FI's face....and I just know he's going to cry too.  I'm an ugly crier :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I am not a Robot...

• Options
    Could the two of you read them to each other enough times that it becomes less emotional, or practice with a friend?  

I'm such an ugly crier too.  I'm trying to find my way around it too.  
  • Options
    I have a very strong feeling that it doesn't matter how many times I read it or see it, I will be standing there and hear the reading and I will lose my shit.  I think I need my MOH to hold tissues for me.  If FI cries, that will definitely push me over the edge, LOL.

But I don't want to be one of those people that looks like a spot on the floor is far more interesting than the ceremony.  That's how I cope, I stare at something, ANYTHING, other than the thing that will make me cry.  

Maybe I will just embrace it, lol.

• Options
    I hear you.  FI and I were picking the bridal processional music this weekend, and I teared up during each and every option.  It was different versions of the same stupid song, but I cried during all of them.  Same thing when we did a read through of the ceremony together to get an idea of the length.  I told my MOH she has to walk down the aisle carrying a box of tissues instead of a bouquet because I am going to be a mess.  lol  
  • Options
    Ugly crying is the reason I will probably NOT write my own vows. I am mostly "robotic," myself, but weddings are a huge exception. I cry at all of them, always. I think if I stick to "I do" and "I will" I probably will be able to keep it together.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

"I love you because you

Are helping me to make

Of the lumber of my life

Not a tavern

But a temple

Out of the works

Of my everyday

Not a reproach

But a song"

OMG what is this watery salty stuff coming out of my eyez!  GAH!!!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I've been a weepy mess lately. We're 54 days out and everything is making me tear up. I have no idea how I will hold it together for the ceremony.
  • Options
    I am not a weepy person (except when I'm angry, but that's because it just happens... or I punch people... and crying seems to be more "acceptable"). I never cried during my wedding planning, not even when writing my ceremony. But dammit, I got all teary-eyed when I realized I was stuck with DH forever! ;)
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    FI and I have been working on these questionnaire things from a potential officiant lately, so I read over his sheet yesterday because I wanted to see what he didn't answer or which things we wanted to answer as a couple. He said some of the nicest things that anyone has ever said about me in my whole life and I'm fucking crying right now because it was so sweet.

For that reason, and others, we just want a pretty standard 'dearly beloved' ceremony because if I have to choke out cute words I'm going to look like Sloth from The Goonies by the time it's all done, and I feel like he's going to get all choked up too.

I have been trying to desensitize myself to some of the wedding songs lately and it was not been going over well. Ugly burble-sobbing has been a big issue.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I am going to cry. FI is just gonna have to deal with that.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I'm gonna be a blubbering mess. Cute words, standard words, anything wedding-related makes me lose it. Maybe I'll experiment with shoving TP into my eyes like people do in their nostrils for a nosebleed. 

• Options
    I'm such a guy type.  I never cry.  DH started to tear up a bit when I was coming down the aisle.  I told him to get it together before he made me start.  He pulled it together

• Options
    FI will cry before I do. I cry when upset but not when happy. However, my eyes always well once he starts crying.
  • Options
    I was just so freakin' excited on wedding day that I honestly didn't think I'd cry, but I did a few times…when I wrapped H's late father's pocket watch around my bouquet, when my dad gave me a kiss before we walked down the isle, when H & I took each other's hands, when I looked out and saw my Mom crying…and it was all a-okay. You'll be fine…and it will be wonderful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm getting weirdly teary (for me) over the wedding. Like all aspects of ceremony planning. Music, processional, recessional, readings, the whole shebang.
  • Options
    I've read in one thread about a bride wrapping a handkerchief around her bouquet.  Sounds like a good plan to me.  I wish I could remember where I saw that.
  • Options
    Maybe I'll just do a shot right before I take dad's arm.  

ETA: Actually, I just thought of something worse....me giggling.  I do NOT want the giggles.  I am not prone to them, but this is uncharted territory here.

• Options
    I am an ugly crier - I spent the entire year of planning worrying about ugly crying at the ceremony.  It was a big joke in my family.  Somehow, I managed to pull off pretty crying on my wedding day - it was a miracle and something everyone commented on as soon as they saw me.  There was only one ugly cry moment that day and it was during the father-daughter dance.  I just buried my face on my dad's shoulder and pulled it back together.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards