October 2014 Weddings
Options

Just sent out my invitations!

Hey October brides! I am so glad that is over with. Can't wait to start getting RSVPs in. How's everyone else doing with planning?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Just sent out my invitations!

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    **Ditto! I just put mine in the mail today, too, and it happens to be two months from my wedding date. I didn't plan that, I just knew I wanted to send them the second week of August. ***I bought a dress for my shower the other day, too, and it just ironically has my wedding colors in it. I swear I didn't plan that, either! ****I logged onto one of my registries because they sent me an email saying that any gifts that were shipped to me would ship to our address and I was pissed because we want them shipped to his parents' since they are always home. So of course I just happened to notice that things were purchased off of the list! ****ETA: I had paragraphs!!
  • Options
    I have STILL NOT written my invites :( bad Lowell14! Not much more to do. Get FIs suit, FSD shoes and hair accessories, choose buttonholes and get our license in 3 weeks (eek!)

As family is travelling from Canada to Ireland, wedding planning has taken a back seat to being a travel agent :) Glad I have most things done.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited August 2014
    YAY! Mine will be going out in another 2 weeks or so.

Just wondering, did you stamp or hand-write your return address on the outer envelope? I'm trying to figure out how to do this.

• Options
    I had the return address already printed on the outer envelopes (as well as on the RSVP envelopes) so that I didn't have to bother with that part.
  • Options
    Darn. The stationary shop I ordered mine from printed on the inner envelopes but I hadn't thought to ask about the outer ones. Guess I'll be writing my return address a million times...better get on that I guess!!

• Options
    des9724des9724 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    Hooray!! We sent ours out August 1st because I couldn't wait anymore! We've received about 30 RSVPs so far, mostly yes which makes me happy! HOWEVER, we have a food choice, and couples are simply checking the food choice without indicating who wants what. We have to call about 20 people to ask if the wife wants X or if it was the husband. Unfortunately, I ran out of room on the RSVP card to write directions, but I thought this was common sense. Appppppparently not.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    Yay! I'm sending mine out the beginning of next week! I just finished addressing them over the weekend! 83 invitations...ugh!! It was a nightmare process. Thankfully I had the return address already printed on the envelopes so I didn't have to write it out over and over again. But I still had plenty of redos thanks to spelling errors on my part.

• Options
    I sent mine out on saturday! ALOT of people got them already :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Yay for invites! I didn't do inner envelopes and I just wrote our return address on the back flap. We had 60 invitations go out. I can't wait to get RSVPs back!

• Options
    des9724 said:
    Hooray!! We sent ours out August 1st because I couldn't wait anymore! We've received about 30 RSVPs so far, mostly yes which makes me happy! HOWEVER, we have a food choice, and couples are simply checking the food choice without indicating who wants what. We have to call about 20 people to ask if the wife wants X or if it was the husband. Unfortunately, I ran out of room on the RSVP card to write directions, but I thought this was common sense. Appppppparently not.

Most venues have the waitresses go around and ask for meal choices during dinner. Not sure if yours does this else well. The last wedding i went to the double check there per table.

• Options
    I'm sending ours the middle of next week! I bought a stamp to do our return address, and I seriously love it. Like I want to send mail to everyone in the whole world because I bought this stupid stamp.
  • Options
    I will probably be sending mine out in about 2 weeks. I have a minimal amount of guests and I already know all of their RSVPs (so I'm not even including RSVP cards or instructions), so the invites are just a formality really.
  • Options
    Just sent out 60 invitations and let me tell you...it was the hardest and most stressful thing thus far I have had to do with this wedding!! LOL So glad it's over and can't wait to get RSVP's back!!!!
  • Options
    des9724 I am having the same problem!!! My rsvp cards say "Please initial entree choice" and only 2 of my first 7 rsvps came back the right way!!! So frustrating! We will be making a ton of phone calls as well. 

mocarski002 My venue is being extremely ridiculous about this, and is requesting that we know exactly what each guest is eating, and we must have cards at each seat with their name and meal choice icon on it. Maybe that happens more often than I thought...?
  • Options
    iI bought stamps today only because iI needed to mail fh's brother a package. iI was going to start addressing them.tonight but had some wine so didnt, lol.iI have about 80 to do. iI bought a roll of address labels that iI am sticking on and iI am going to handwrite their address. one day, iI dont want to mail them.till august 30th, or close to that day.
  • Options
    Both my mom and his mom called us today to tell us they got our invites!  I wasn't surprised that his mom got theirs since they live two minutes from us, but my parents live on the other side of the city so I was surprised that they got theirs as well!  That means maybe a majority got theirs today...there are only three who do not live in this city/state.
  • Options
    4 people confirmed that they got ours yesterday, too! I can't believe how quickly they got there!
  • Options
    Amen! At least someone else is in my shoes! Our venue is very strict too.  They told us it was our job to have the right person with the right dish.  Plus, most people forget what they chose on their RSVP if they return them early.  At my cousin's wedding, I couldn't remember what I ordered, so I got what was left.  I didn't mind, everything was yummy, but still!
    hkda2003 said:
    des9724 I am having the same problem!!! My rsvp cards say "Please initial entree choice" and only 2 of my first 7 rsvps came back the right way!!! So frustrating! We will be making a ton of phone calls as well. 

mocarski002 My venue is being extremely ridiculous about this, and is requesting that we know exactly what each guest is eating, and we must have cards at each seat with their name and meal choice icon on it. Maybe that happens more often than I thought...?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited August 2014
    Got 5 RSVPs today!!!!!! I only sent them out 4 days ago! Super amped today and everyone is writing cute notes on them too, its a good feeling :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I sent my invitations out earlier today and it was by far the most "Real" thing I've done so far.

No matter how many vendors have been booked and what kind of money has been spent, this was the part that made this whole process feel the most real.

• Options
    @brittany8788 It feels SO real now.  I told my fiance, "there's no going back now!" haha

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    every day i get home from work and check the mailbox...3 so far have come back. I want them to come faster!!!! But there's only 15 envelopes that went out anyway so it's not like my mailbox will be overflowing :(
  • Options
    We just mailed our yesterday! Sooo excited and relieved! We designed, hand stamped and embossed our invites, a process that took both my future husband and I nearly a month and a half to complete. But I am so delighted by the outcome. They look amazing (if I don't say so myself!!)
  • Options
    Gosh darnit and Yay! Yay we got our first two responses today! Gosh darnit because the one who is a couple did not initial which food choice was for which! Ugh! I hope this is not a trend. Luckily it was my friend so I texted her, but if it's going to be relatives or people we don't even really communicate with, then I'm just going to guess and the couples can trade when they get the wrong thing at the table!
  • Options
    Gosh darnit and Yay! Yay we got our first two responses today! Gosh darnit because the one who is a couple did not initial which food choice was for which! Ugh! I hope this is not a trend. Luckily it was my friend so I texted her, but if it's going to be relatives or people we don't even really communicate with, then I'm just going to guess and the couples can trade when they get the wrong thing at the table!
    This is what I'm doing. I've already resigned myself to the simple fact that I do not need to stress over this! :)

• Options
    Hmm - maybe for future brides they should tell their guests that if no entree is chosen they'll get the default entree of X (I know, probably goes against etiquette).

Anniversary
  • Options
    I got 4 yesterday! Eeek! It's like Christmas!!
  • Options
    Hmm - maybe for future brides they should tell their guests that if no entree is chosen they'll get the default entree of X (I know, probably goes against etiquette).
    The problem is, they are just marking a "1" by the entrée choice, so if they have a "1" for fish and a "1" for beef, I don't know which one wants what.  So since they will be sitting next to each other, they can duke it out when they get the wrong thing.  That's what they get for not following directions!  It says on the RSVP card "please initial by your selection". 
  • Options
    I had the same problem.  Only 1 of about 50 invitations actually followed the directions and initialed their food choice.  I would try texting or emailing them if you need to know exactly what they want - otherwise, it's not the end of the world if a couple has to swap plates at dinner!
  • Options
    Still dealing with the same problem. I think 2 out of about 10 rsvps were done the right way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards