October 2014 Weddings

Just sent out my invitations!

2»

Re: Just sent out my invitations!

• My own parents didn't even follow the directions!!!!!!!!!!  I got three back today...one from my parents.  Then out of the other two one couple followed the directions.
  • FI's parents didn't even write their names. We knew who it was by the postmark (and I did number them as well, as a backup), but you'd think if anything the parents would get it right! Haha.
  • I'm so frustrated. My invites are ready to go and addressed. I went to post office to mail for out oct 18th wedding and they had...christmas stamps. So then I went to a private store but they charge extra money. So I had to order online and I'm kicking myself for not ordering last week. They are going to take 3-5 days to ship and people have been asking why they haven't gotten invite yet, I failed at getting them out the day i wanted to and am so upset by this. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just take a deep breath. There is not a whole lot you can do about it, so don't worry. Everything wedding etiquette says 8 to 6 weeks prior is ok for sending out invites, so you should be fine!
  • You will be fine!!!  Don't sweat it.  Everyone who is bothering you about sending them one already knows about your wedding so what are THEY worried about??  You will be fine!!! 
  • Our invites went out at the beginning of August and we have received about 20 RSVP's back already.  I LOVE checking the mail every day!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards