October 2014 Weddings
Options

Has anyone started receiving RSVPs yet?

I'm at 46 (out of 116) so far - wedding date is Oct 4.

I'm eager to see where everyone else is at :)

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Has anyone started receiving RSVPs yet?

• Options
    I've been getting mine we're only at 19 of 127 but we only sent ours out last tuesday.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have 145 out of 162- still waiting on 17 but they are probably not coming (distant relatives I don't really know). 
    It's so much fun receiving RSVPs in the mail!! I'm sad it's over!
    I only got about half back and the rest I had to confirm over the phone. Lots of people lost their RSVPs or forgot about them. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I've gotten a few.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jules3964jules3964 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    We're at 19 (out of 50), and we just sent ours out last Monday (the 4th). It's so exciting getting them in the mail! 
  • Options
    I put my invites in the mail Sunday. I got 2 back today!!!! We only have 17 invites so that's 11% :)
  • Options
    I sent out our 25 invites on Monday and got our first two back today.  Both accepted.
  • Options
    Also just sent my invites out on Monday, and got my first 2 back today!
  • Options
    We sent ours late July. We have 40 of 91 back :)

• Options
    I sent mine out last saturday and I got 9 back already :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have 11 out of 100 invites back (160ish guests tho) we just put them in the mail on Sunday. I love getting them back!

• Options
    Well mine havent gone out yet.. lol They go out on monday. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018 - you rebel you!  lol
  • Options

I am having a destination wedding and had to have my final count in to my WC this week, so I had to send our invites out a month ago!  It was really exciting to get all of the RSVP's back but I was dumbfounded by the people who simply didn't reply and didn't call/text/email to give any indication whether they planned to attend or not. Crazy!  Our guest list was smallish (50) so I just thought that since this was a very small group of only our closest friends and family, they would at least acknowedge the invite!  I know from now on I will RSVP to everything immediately!

• Options
    We have 32 out of 177 people! I'm hoping people pick it up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Options
    We sent out our invites on Tuesday and I just got my first RSVP's back! So exciting!!!!!! It is just like X-mas hahah!! I got 4 back and they all had the "accept" box checked!!!
  • Options
    4 of 15 back so far here.

• Options
    Sent ours out on Wednesday and alreay have two back! I can't believe how fast we got them.
  • Options
    I won't send mine out for local guests until Sept 5 :( still haven't addressed them. Have 4 or 5 rsvps back from my family in Canada. I sent theirs a few months ago since they are travelling to the wedding. Think I will do it now while I'm thinking about and have time :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thwarted! I have everything out to write invites and I can't find my silver pen :( the invites are silver with black writing. Will use a black pen with my best hand writing and will practice first :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Destination wedding, here, too, and my "RSVP by" is September 1 so there's still a couple of weeks to go but I am also disappointed by the number of people who have not yet responded.  We got about 30 out of 117 back right away but still have 71 people that haven't replied.  Many of them have said, "Oh, we'll PROBABLY be coming."   OK, great, I'm sure the caterer won't mind if I tell them that I'll "PROBABLY" pay them for your meal.  UGH!  I know I'm going to have to start making phone calls soon to track people down.  I mean, with a destination wedding, at 6 weeks out, you either know you're coming or not, right?  It IS super fun to check every day (we did snail mail and a website RSVP) to see if anyone's responded but I get sad when another day goes by and there aren't any new ones, one way or another.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've gotten 22 of 79 back so far.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm not sure how many we've received back yet, but in terms of number of guests, we invited 245, and have 95 yes's and 15 no's so far...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Got replies from 20 out of 95 invites sent, a lot of people are like "oh I got your invite, I keep forgetting to mail the RSVP, but you KNOW we're coming!" -_____-
  • Options
    In only a week we have 63 yes's and 2 no's (out of 226)! I can't believe how responsive everyone has been :)
  • Options
    I guess maybe this sounds stupid, but I thought that FI's parents would be so excited to send their official response to us (even though they are co-hosting), but they haven't even sent theirs back yet, and they got it last Tuesday.  It's slightly annoying me.
  • Options
    I mailed mine yesterday, and got an RSVP back before I went to the PO. My boss dug through my bag of invites and found hers. She couldn't wait :)
  • Options
    I guess maybe this sounds stupid, but I thought that FI's parents would be so excited to send their official response to us (even though they are co-hosting), but they haven't even sent theirs back yet, and they got it last Tuesday.  It's slightly annoying me.

Agggh I would be so irritated about this too! I mean, OBVIOUSLY they are coming...but it would seriously bug me if some of FI's family or some of our BP didn't send in their RSVPs because obviously they are coming. Dang it I want those cards back!

In other news...I've started receiving rsvp's since mailing my invitations last Friday! We got 2 on Tuesday (for a total of 4 yes's) and 3 yesterday (for another 6 yes's).

• Options
    We mailed ours out the 8th, a total of 60 (129 guests);  As of yesterday, we have received back 20 (39 attending).  I'm super impatient, haha... still waiting for his brother to send his back and he's the best man... should'v been an instant reply.  It's so exciting checking the mail each day... good luck to everyone!
  • Options

@LaPeanut1018 - exactly!  I'm almost getting annoyed that I haven't gotten one back from my brother, either.  They were on vacation last week so I'm not too annoyed, but hell, his wife is planning/hosting my shower/bachelorette.  She texted me that she liked the invites, although I already showed them to her a few months back.  I even told her what I thought the actual meals would be (other than just fish, beef, chicken, veg - we haven't had the tasting yet) thinking that would help her decide since she's such a foodie, but I have yet to get theirs back! 

And the two couples who are out of state on the other side of the country got back to us before the locals!  Ugh!

So far we haven't had any surprises as far as whether they'll be attending or not.  But FI was really disappointed to see his friend who has cancer will not be able to travel to be there.  It's not a surprise really, but getting the actual RSVP back was hard on him...he was this friend's best man.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards