October 2014 Weddings
Options

Has anyone started receiving RSVPs yet?

Re: Has anyone started receiving RSVPs yet?

• Options
    It's so annoying when they don't respond! I have one family member who lost their invitation, so I sent them another and 3 weeks later they still haven't returned the RSVP. Another family member won't respond and is even ignoring my Facebook messages. I can see that she has received the message and seen it, but she won't respond or return the RSVP. Another family says they can't RSVP until school starts because they won't know their school schedules until September... come on people!! seriously???
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I completely agree. Everyone seems to think we're assuming they're coming, or because we 'know' they're coming they haven't sent their card back....even if that's the case, I still want the RSVP!

and @pepperally I feel your future in-law frustration. I addressed their invitation to: Mr. & Mrs. Greg "Fiance's Last Name"...mocking me she sent back their card with "Mr. Greg & Mrs. Greg". UGH!
  • Options
    I guess maybe this sounds stupid, but I thought that FI's parents would be so excited to send their official response to us (even though they are co-hosting), but they haven't even sent theirs back yet, and they got it last Tuesday.  It's slightly annoying me.
    My FMIL called me the day they got their invite in the mail, to say how much she liked it...and then asked if they even needed to reply with their rsvp card! lol! i told her that my parents would probably want to know what food they chose...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2014

I asked FI tonight why he thought his parents haven't sent their response yet.  He got all testy saying how would he know, and why does it matter.  He thought I was trying to imply something, but what, he did not know.  I think I may be reading way too much into all of this RSVP stuff...like there's some sort of "psychology of the RSVP". lol.  I need to chill.  He said " maybe they just want to look at it".  hahahaha!

(plus - no RSVPs today...bummer)

• Options
    Sent out 195. Have about 20 outstanding and the deadline for the response is tomorrow. Annoying experience. Gave guests a month to decide if they wanted to come. Only 1 day more than 5 responses came. The only way we got most of them back was by calling, emailing and texting the guests that if the RSVP was not received by deadline, they couldn't come. Period. I actually had one guest say this week that it wasn't enough time for her to make up her mind if she wanted to come or not. She had the save the date since February, and had the invite for a month, and still couldn't make up her mind. I told her I was marking her down as a decline. She then asked me if she changed her mind, could she be added back to the list. So over this part!
  • Options
    Pepperally, I know what you mean about reading way too much into it!!! I've been doing the same thing. 

I really think tons of people just wait until the last minute to RSVP. As much as I'd like to have them alllll right now, our RSVP date isn't until Sept. 17th, so technically everyone still has a lot of time left. I'm just really impatient and feel like sticking my RSVP in the mail should be everyone's #1 priority, even though I'm sure it's not! 
  • Options
    I got our first two today!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We sent our invitations the last week of July/first week of August. We've been having a steady arrival of replies, but like all of you, its very frustrating during the waiting process - especially when it comes to family members, and members of the wedding party who have not yet sent their replies.

I just dont get it - its not like they are waiting to get a stamp, because we supplied those. It takes a minute to make a checkmark, write names and put it in the mailbox. Waiting is really getting to me, even though I try to tell myself that they have until Sept 18 to get it back to us. Argh! 
  • Options
    I have only gotten 16
  • Options
    We mailed ours on the 20th, and have gotten 6 back so far. I took like all the work out of it for people. Literally the only thing they have to do is make an X on accept or decline, and write a number for how many adults/children are coming. I have names/addresses/stamps on everything. Our deadline is September 20, so I have time, but I'm also one of those people who wants all the answers rightfreakingnow so this is going to kill me.
  • Options
    So I sent my invites around July 23rd. I've gottten about half or so back but the past 5 or so days we havent gotten any back! Its disapointing and unsettling! LOL

• Options
    I have 71 yes rsvps and 16 no, out of about 250 people invited. 

Still waiting on a lot of family members to rsvp too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I received roughly 25 back out of almost 100 sent out. I gave people a month to respond and the deadline is September 1st. Waiting on so many people. At the moment looks like my wedding is going to be pretty scarce. Im terrified no one will show up and we paid all that money for a room that is going to be empty.

Looks like ill be hunting people down for some answers very soon.
  • Options
    Still waiting on a lot. We invited 181 (183 including us I suppose). Of that we've had 10 declines, and 46 acceptances so far. We've been receiving about 3 rsvps every day since we mailed them out a week and a half ago so I hope they continue to come in steadily!

• Options

@LaPeanut1018 - you are lucky if you haven't had a day that none came!  I only had 25 invites so I guess I can't expect them to be pouring in daily.  Finally got FI's parents' response yesterday.  STILL haven't gotten my brother's response and I just hung out with them this weekend and showed SIL the dinner choices in detail so she knew what sauces, etc.  I thought that would've made her fill the damn thing out and send it! 

Just checked the mail...none today.  I'm cursing people or convinced the postal service MUST be to blame!

• Options
    It drives me nuts that it takes so long for some people (specifically WP members and close family) to just make marks on the thing and drop it at the PO. It's like...I KNOW you're coming, can you not take two seconds to drop it in the mail?!
  • Options
    I feel like people either send it back right away, or wait until the last minute. We had a steady stream of replies for about a week, then it dwindled back a bit, and now… nothing! People have until September 13th, but the waiting is annoying. I have a feeling we're going to be calling a lot of people.
  • Options
    I've gotten 66 accepts and 3 declines out of 137 so far. Deadline is sept 17th. One day I received 5 cards back in one day, and that was very exciting!! But today, nothing :(
  • Options
    It has been very disappointing not receiving anymore RSVP's =( I have only gotten 10 back out of the 70 that I sent out and every day I anticipate coming home from work with this stack of RSVP cards just waiting on the counter for me to open....actually starting to getting very annoyed/irritated by it!!! Hahaha Oh well....only 2 more weeks for people to get back to me and then we go from there....=( (Just hurry up already!!!!!!!!!!! Urgh!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Options
    Just mail my local invites. I know people got them because they text me to let me know. FI brought his parents and siblings to them on Tuesday. His mom opened them all and RSVP'd for everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The waiting is terrible. Out of the 100 invites we sent out, I've gotten 40 back and the RSVP deadline is September 13th. The people that I KNOW are coming and haven't sent theirs back are the worst!
  • Options
    The waiting is terrible. Out of the 100 invites we sent out, I've gotten 40 back and the RSVP deadline is September 13th. The people that I KNOW are coming and haven't sent theirs back are the worst!

Ugh I know! Our RSVP dte is Sep12th. I've gotten about 45 back out of 91ish (we added a few ppl on after we sent our original batch out). I havent gotten any back in a week though and its killing me. I told our groomsman they better send theirs back soon! I know your coming but I want it on paper! lol

• Options
    I got my first 6 today. It was exciting. It's interesting seeing what everyone ordered for food.
  • Options
    jerkyanne said:
    I got my first 6 today. It was exciting. It's interesting seeing what everyone ordered for food.
    Yeah, we were thrown off by FI's dad...every time we go out to eat he orders a steak, but he selected chicken for our wedding.  lol
  • Options
    We sent out 65 and have received about 40 back. Still waiting on 25 (mostly family). Honestly... They booked their hotel rooms already. Just send back my little card and I'll be fine. There are a couple people who were SO excited to be invited and I haven't received their response yet. Weird. But I did give people until September 20th so I guess I just have to wait and see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hkda2003hkda2003 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2014
    How is everyone doing on rsvps? I sent out invites to a total of 139 people, and I've gotten 79 yes's, 7 no's, and still waiting on the rest. I'm getting super impatient. RSVP date is sept 17th. It seems to have really slowed down. Most of the rsvps I'm waiting on are people who are probably trying to figure out who they will be bringing as their date, if anyone at all, and also some people who I KNOW will be there, and they just haven't done it yet! Ughhhh!!
  • Options
    I've received less than half of ours back. The ones we've gotten are all yes. Several of the ones I haven't gotten back are immediate family that have verbally told me they're coming. I just want everyone to send the RSVP cards back! All they have to do is make a check mark and write a number. Everything else is done!
  • Options
    Gotta say, I am a little in shock right now.  I got an RSVP today and it was from one of my close friends, one who I told the wedding date to immediately...and she declined.  I guess I figured if she had some reason she couldn't come she would've told me ahead of time, just as my other close friend did, rather than save it for the formality of the RSVP card.  I told my other friend and she thought it was rude that my friend didn't let me know, and that she didn't know our friend wasn't coming, either.  All I know is she told me she was running a marathon that morning.  She told me that a while ago but she didn't imply that she couldn't come because of that.  I guess she'll tell me why tomorrow at my shower/bachelorette.  I guess I just expected a quick message/email that she found out she has something else she has to do. It's a small wedding so every friend I invited I'm very close with.   
  • Options

@Pepperally I'm sorry about your friend not coming. I've had some declines from friends I didn't anticipate either and I would've expected them to have let me know ahead of time as well. I hope she gives you more detail tomorrow at your shower!

I'm currently sitting at:

181 invitees

63 acceptances

21 declines

97 no responses that we are waiting to hear from (RSVP due date is Sept. 24th)

I've received at least 1 rsvp card back in the mail every day since we sent our invitations...but the slow trickle has been driving me crazy. I wish I'd get back like...5 at once or something so I could really see a difference in my guest list rather than this snail's pace of learning who is and who isn't coming. There are obviously some people we know who will make it, but there have also been some surprise yes's and surprise no's. I just want to know people!!!

• Options

@LaPeanut1018 - thanks!  Just glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I have 25 coming, 10 not so far, out of 45 total.  so 10 more are ???  But they have til 9/24. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards