Chit Chat
Options

I have a JOB!!! :)

I am so so excited! I am being referred for hire this upcoming Tuesday for a 4th grade position in my "dream" choice school system! I could not be happier!!
School has already started there, and my official teaching start date will be the 25th. Once I get officially hired and can go to my classroom, I am going to go crazy preparing! I applied for the kindergarten job, but I'll gladly take what I can get. Plus, I'm going to decorate my class Harry Potter style. My students are going to be 'sorted' and be in one of the four houses through the year. Ahhh!!! I was so close to giving up hope for the year, but my time has come.

I got the call at 6:50am...and I had gone to bed around 4am. I'll need to get on a regular sleep schedule soon. I still haven't gone back to sleep due to excitement, but I need to get some shuteye because I'm picking up my wedding dress at 4pm. I don't want to feel groggy for that!

This is amazing. I've been kicking myself for a few weeks for not expanding my search early enough, but I'll be right around the corner from home. We'll now get to go on a honey moon too! The school has an entire week off for fall break in October this year - Diagon Alley, here I come~

Re: I have a JOB!!! :)

• Options
    Omgsh! Congrats! The sorting sounds so fun!

image   image   image

• Options
    Congrats! 
  • Options
    Congratulations.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    krcbkrcb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    smichek said:
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Is this your first year? If so, brace yourself for the expense or decorating your room!
    It will be my first year, and I'm ready!! I've put money aside the past few years, so I can go crazy when the time comes! FI wants to help me buy things to decorate too. I can't wait for us to go out together.

I just bought 4 large posters of each house's representation from Etsy. One of the best memories from my childhood is Harry Potter and how excited I was to read the books. In my current dream land, I'll make some time each day to read part of the books. Maybe they'll learn to love reading as much as I love it.
    I just hope there's no longer lingering controversy from when it first came out. 
  • Options
    Congrats, that all sounds awesome!! I would have absolutely loved being sorted in class in 4th grade. That was the year I was Hermione for Halloween and my best friend was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (dressed up like a book).
  • Options
    krcbkrcb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Congrats, that all sounds awesome!! I would have absolutely loved being sorted in class in 4th grade. That was the year I was Hermione for Halloween and my best friend was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (dressed up like a book).
    That's awesome. Looking back, I'm not sure why I never had a Hermione costume. Hopefully we can dress up in costumes for fall festival or an in-class celebration. Then again, school seems so different from when we were in elementary. I miss class parties where you didn't have to worry about having a lot of instruction that day and just had a fun free day.
  • Options
    Congrats!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck!!
    imageimage">
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards