Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Freaking out/meltdown

My dress was ordered back in January and arrived in the store at the end if June. It was ordered in a size 4 as that's what the bridal salon suggested. My problem is I know I've gained a few inches and pounds since then and I'm deathly afraid that I won't be able to fit into my dress. My first fitting is next Saturday. I'm thinking that shape wear could help, or they may even be able to let a little bit out in the hips (which is my problem area) any tips, advice suggestions anyone may have to help me calm my nerves and relax for my fitting? I've started working out again and will be eating right all week and drinking plenty of water.

Re: Freaking out/meltdown

• Options
    You could ask your primary care physician for some low does benzos.  

Seriously, just breathe.  A lot of dresses come with a huge amount of seam allowance; often enough to let a dress out an entire size in certain areas.  I'm going to tag @lolo883 in on this one, because she felt her dress was too tight at the first fitting and will probably be able to help.

Personally, I think you should try the dress on before freaking out too much, and before you purchase any specific undergarments for it.  If you have shape wear on you, by all means, bring it with you if it (or something similar) will work underneath the dress.

Please, just try and relax.  You might want to lay off the lots of water from Friday afternoon onwards if you're really worried about it by then, but I'm sure you'll be surprised at how well all this goes.
  • Options
    Cut out soda and salt, which bloat you.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I was in a similar boat. I got my dress in January and it fit perfectly. I gained some pounds and was freaking out about it not fitting. I kept putting off my fitting because of it. A few weeks ago I started eating very low carb (Atkins-ish) and drinking boat loads of water, like 3+ liters a day and was able to shed about 12 lbs pretty quickly. My dress fit, but was snug, and I need to remain diligent until the wedding in 3 weeks. I'd like to see if I could get another 3-5 lbs off, but if I remain at my same weight, I should be fine. I'm SUCH a stress eater, so stressing about not eating poorly just makes it all worse! **hugs** Let us know how it goes :)
  • Options
    Yep my dress was way too tight in the hips! The seamstress said it could be let out a full size. My second fitting is today, and I'm bringing some Spanx this time, so I'll let you know how it turned out! Chips and margaritas were probably a terrible idea last night, but oh well.

Definitely relax. Stress can make you retain weight like no other. It'll be fiiiiiiine I promise!

• Options
    When ordering my dress from David's Bridal, I was in between sizes so they told me I could order the larger size or the smaller size and they could alter it out two inches or take it in two sizes without any issues.  I would try not to worry about it until you go in for your fitting and then you'll know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards