Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Need To Choose My Shoes

So I don't really care about fashion that much, I think I own like 2 pairs of shoes right now and both of them are kind of dinged up. Anyway, my sister is a bridal consultant and helped me pick my dress, which either needs a custom hem or for me to wear at least 3 inch heels (which is totally fine since I only wear 3 to 4 in heels on a daily basis, they are more comfortable to me then flats which kill my ankles for some reason.)  My sister gave me these shoes to try on at her salon and they were so comfortable. I've never worn more comfortable shoes. 

Anyway, they were Angela Nuran and when I went to see how much they cost I was shocked to find they were 300 dollars. No way am I going to pay that much for shoes (although they do have a cool policy where you can trade them in after the wedding and get a pair of black everyday shoes.) 

So does anyone know some places to get great, comfortable shoes that are nice but no more expensive then  $75-100. I'm just really bad at shopping and if anyone had a really good experience with some kind of shoe or business I would love to hear about it. 

Re: Need To Choose My Shoes

• Options
    First question: do you want statement shoes, or shoes to match the dress?  If want matching shoes you can find some dyeable ones within your price range.  I use Shoes to Dye For, because they're close to me, but I've used them for colored cocktail and evening dresses.  I'm not doing the matchy-matchy thing for the wedding.  There are tons of places that do dyeable shoes (easy to find in a Google search or similar), and they can work without you bringing the dress in if your seamstress cuts anything off it during the fitting.

Have you tried Amazon and Zappos?  My favorite places for inexpensive shoes.  

Do you think you could sell the Angela Nuran shoes after the wedding?  I'd love to see a pic or a link if you have one.
  • Options
    Check out zappos.com.   You can narrow down the criteria to what you are looking for and it is free shipping/free returns so easy to order a bunch and return what you don't want  DSW is good also.  
  • Options
    Check out zappos. I recommend Clarks and Aerosoles as general comfort brands.

Anniversary
  • Options
    DSW and 6pm are good options in addition to the above.

• Options
    I actually have a DSW near where I live. I have never heard of Zappos. (I"m fashion illiterate but willing to learn!) Thank you guys for giving me so many ideas.  I really want to find a pair that are pretty but I can wear again to justify the price. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards