Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

We just got our preliminary menu in for our reception!

JennyColadaJennyColada member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited August 2014 in Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
I'm gonna AW for a minute about my menu. I am SO excited. I'm also excited to be able to share this meal with our parents. It makes me feel really proud to be able to treat them to such an incredible meal. Squee!!!!
The menu:

Oysters "hoc-a-fellar"

wilted spinach, ad hoc bacon
~
Arugula & Chicory

Salad pink lady apples, toasted pecans poached cranberries, palladin crisps whole grain mustard vinaigrette
~
Pumpkin Anglotti

crispy sage, proscuitto
~
Roasted Branzino

octopus, artichokes, fingerling potato, meyer lemon
~
Grilled Lamb T-bone

oven roasted tomatoes, carrot, whipped cauliflower
~
Braised Beef Short Rib

broccoli rabe, crispy polenta, cippolini onion a4 sauce
~
Andante Dairy's Cheese Board

marshall farm's honey, pear butter "looney-bin" crackers, thyme drop biscuits
~
Peanut Butter Pie in a Jar

tko, peanut butter mousse, chocolate roasted peanuts, whipped chantilly

I NEED OCTOBER TO COME FASTER SO THAT I CAN EAT ALL THIS.

Re: We just got our preliminary menu in for our reception!

• Ummmm yeah me too. Are you giving plus ones to single guests? Can I be a plus one?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • The perks of having a super intimate wedding (4 guests, just our parents) is being able to do menus like this.

But the downside is not being able to share it with our friends. :(
  • I understand. I was able to do a pretty great cocktail style reception for my 35 guests. Any more than that and we would have been having spaghettios and water. Your menu really sounds amazing.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • That's a shit load of delicious food for 6 people. It sounds like you might need help eating it. I am available most weekends in October. :)
    *********************************************************************************

• I mean, if I were to run into anyone I know at our venue I obviously wouldn't shoo them away. That would just be rude. Just sayin'...
  • all of the noms!!!

• lc07lc07 member
    That sounds amazing. Is it a tasting menu? Do people choose an entree or get to try all of that? So jealous!
  • @Ico07, it's a tasting menu, so no choices (there is 1 person who doesn't like fish and one person who tends to lean towards no meat, so the chef knows to make substitutions where necessary). Tasting menus are probably our favorite way to dine, so we totally jumped at the suggestion when the chef offered it!
  • lc07lc07 member
    @Ico07, it's a tasting menu, so no choices (there is 1 person who doesn't like fish and one person who tends to lean towards no meat, so the chef knows to make substitutions where necessary). Tasting menus are probably our favorite way to dine, so we totally jumped at the suggestion when the chef offered it!

BOX

Yesss! I love it. My favorite way to dine, too. Extra jealous!
  • Invite me and I'll be happy to come and "help" you dispose of your food.  ;-)

It sounds delicious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards