Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Sash?

I'm fairly clueless when it comes to dresses. I bought mine, bought a different sash to go with it. I go tomorrow for alterations. Do I take the sash? Does that get sewn on or do I just tie it on the day of? I don't want to drive an hour away and be completely unprepared.

Re: Sash?

• Options
    Whether it's tied or sewn on is up to you and what kind of sash you bought. 

Either way though, take the sash so you can see what it looks like with the dress! You can chat with the seamstress about whether you want it tied or sewn on. 

I liked the look of the bow in the back of my dress, so tied it was for me. I think most brides tie it. If you are thinking of re-selling, I'd recommend not sewing it on. 
  • Options
    I'd def bring it, so you can try it out with the dress and make sure you like it. It's a personal opinon/up to you on if you sew it in or tie it. My seamstress seemed to suggest sewing it in but i prefered the look of tying it, so that is what i did.
  • Options
    You could even have it 'tacked in and still tie it if you wanted the tied look but were afraid the sash would move on you during the ceremony/reception.  Definitely bring it and anything else you think you might need.

Anniversary
  • Options
    You could even have it 'tacked in and still tie it if you wanted the tied look but were afraid the sash would move on you during the ceremony/reception.  Definitely bring it and anything else you think you might need.
    This is what I was going to suggest.  This way the sash won't possibly spin around your waist and if it comes undone it won't go falling onto the floor.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    I would go and try it on with the dress then you can decide if you like it or not.  If you do like it, then you can have it just tied on, which would look something like this:
    Or sew it right into the dress:
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I better pull it out of the closet and tuck it into the dress bag for tomorrow :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards